[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did /tv/ enjoy the film of the year?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: MIDNIGHT-SPECIAL-QUAD.jpg (908 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
MIDNIGHT-SPECIAL-QUAD.jpg
908 KB, 3000x2250
Did /tv/ enjoy the film of the year?
>>
dude i have dad issues lmao
fuck off imdbcore
>>
>>70793292
I bet you enjoy the flicks of Paul W. S. Anderson.
>>
just watch ET and Close Encounters again
>>
>>70793187

Ben Nichols is the best young director. Dude is a cut above most everyone inside and out of Hollywood. Though I liked Mud and Shotgun Stories better, this was still great. It's a shame he doesn't get more attention as a filmmaker because he actually makes great fucking films.
>>
>>70793187
It would have been way better if the big third-act reveal wasn't a wholesale ripoff of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
>>70794001
>Ben Nichols
>>
>>70793187

The ending was shit, all the buildings that appeared didn't even look futuristic at all. Why would you want to "go home" to that, it was shit.
>>
>>70794088
The entire movie is about a kid dying of cancer.
>>
>>70794116
fuck the fuck off.
stop trying to find meaning in this fucking turd.
>>
>>70793187
This was one of those movies that could have taken on so much more life if the focus had just been shifted a bit. I enjoyed it, but think of what we could have had if it had picked up and followed the PoV of his trooper buddy.
>>
>>70794088
>implying they were supposed to be from the future
>>
File: 1455129256706.jpg (427 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
1455129256706.jpg
427 KB, 1543x1360
>>70794001
>>70794001
Agreed, but Take Shelter is his best one by far imo
>>
Such a shit ending. Total anti climax. No subtlety or ambiguity at all.
>>
File: Loving_(2016_film).jpg (88 KB, 259x384) Image search: [Google]
Loving_(2016_film).jpg
88 KB, 259x384
OH FUCK NICHOLS CONFIRMED FOR EXTREME KEKOLD SHITLIB

>The film follows the courtship and marriage of Mildred Jeter, a black woman, and Richard Loving, a white man. They are arrested and sentenced to prison in Virginia in 1958, because their interracial marriage violates the state's anti-miscegenation laws. Exiled to Washington DC, they sue the state of Virginia in a series of proceedings leading to the Supreme Court's unanimous decision in Loving v. Virginia, which holds that laws prohibiting interracial marriage are unconstitutional.
>>
>>70793187
I liked that the story unfolded slowly. Felt like the movie knew how to play it's cards close to it's chest and didn't give away it's hand too quickly.

But despite the fact that the pacing impressed me I didn't really enjoy watching it. I kind of just shrug my shoulders to this movie.
>>
>>70793187
A mature E.T. Not recomended for capeshit nerds.
>>
>>70798614
>A mature E.T.
do you mean boring, sterille, lifeless and wonderless version of ET?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.