[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
What went wrong?
>>
>>70790860
Flanderization
>>
>>70790860
ran out of book material
>>
>>70790860
reddit
>>
>>70790860
Nothing. He's got the best story line in the show, mate
>>
>>70790860
Quips
>>
He can't be right all the time
>>
>>70790860
Peckers.
>>
>>70790860
No sense of purpose.

He should have died after killing Tywin
>>
>>70790860
He left King's Landing and joined the Caloressi Arc
>>
File: no_gog.png (1 MB, 978x647) Image search: [Google]
no_gog.png
1 MB, 978x647
>>70791123
>>70791142

Both of these.
>>
>working 6 years nonstop on series about favourite book
>no sleep
>no private life
>see that i have to make compromises because of uncountable reasons
>still have to finish series because of it's success and because i love source material
>get constantly bashed on because series is not as good as the books
>i wanted to give my best
>have angry fits during my 3 hours of sleep at night
>mfw
>>
File: hugh.png (586 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hugh.png
586 KB, 1024x768
>>70790860
>Little Hugh Laurie is a good actor meme
>>
>>70791161
He literally serves no other purpose but quips now, only they aren't funny or clever any more.
>>
>>70791123
What is Flanderization?
>>
File: file.png (235 KB, 330x598) Image search: [Google]
file.png
235 KB, 330x598
>>70791123
>>70793054
>The act of taking a single (often minor) action or trait of a character within a work and exaggerating it more and more over time until it completely consumes the character. Most always, the trait/action becomes completely outlandish and it becomes their defining characteristic.

>The trope is named for one of the examples in The Simpsons, Ned Flanders, who was originally just a considerate neighbor and attentive father, with his devout nature simply being that he willingly attended and paid attention in church, all to make him a contrast to Homer, before becoming obsessively religious to the point of being an utter jackass.

>Note that the key to this trope is in how the process is a gradual thing, the character starts relatively normal with a few quirks, the quirks become more prominent and then gradually become the character.
>>
>>70793054
Ned Flanders started off as a friendly neighbour. He turned into a gibberish-spouting fundie doormat. Means taking a characters most recognisable traits and dialling them up at the expense of everything else.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.