[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realize he was a much better King than Tommen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: joffrey-baratheon-cap.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
joffrey-baratheon-cap.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>tfw you realize he was a much better King than Tommen
>>
>>70777938
Even when he did absolutely nothing as a king
Yeah, as gary jouls said, its kinda funny but also kinda sad
>>
>>70778042

Imagine if the fanatics tried to pull this shit under Joffrey's rule.

He would have had them all slaughtered and enjoyed every minute of it.
>>
I wonder what the High Sparrow would've did if Tywin died, but Joffrey didn't.
>>
>>70778189
absolutely nothing
high sparrow is an opportunist, no coincidence he rises to power when a green little shit becomes king
he waited for the right time and it paid off
>>
>>70778268
That's sounds more like luck than right timing. In the end, Joffrey wouldn't of listen to him and High Sparrow's plans would've been foiled.
>>
>>70778083
No.
He would scream that he wants them slaughtered while Tywin pulls the show to fix the problem.
>>
>>70777938
Uh, seriously? I can't even with you right now. You're probably an idiot drumpf supporter.
>>
>>70778268
It was cersei that placed him in power. Same thing would've happened, just joffrey would've brought violence against them far sooner and then they'd have a peasant revolt.
>>
>>70777938
Im sick of this sudden "Joffrey was a better king" and "Cersei dindu nuffin" circlejerk. King Tommen is bringing justice and peace to his kingdom. You sheeple are butthurt that the commonfolk are finally punishing the nobility for their transgressions. All of a sudden, The Mountain is a good guy (forget all his raping and pillaging in KL and Riverlands) and everyone is rooting for him against the faith, simply because Whore Cersei, the most repulsive "human being" in the saga was forced to do a walk of atonement. We are supposed to conveniently ignore what ah evil whore she has been her whole life because of the retarded "muh a womans body was violatd" and "muh loves her children" meme. Cersei and House Lannister are finally getting their commeupance, and you faggots arent satisfied. No wondr the 99% have their feet on your necks IRL, you are LITERALLY ALL brainwashed sheeple. Let me spell it out for you

>Cersei is a cunt
>Lannisters and Tyrells are all cunts, the Tyrells starved KL inder Renly's command and the Lannisters sacked it during the rebellion, raping and burning the city. Literally nothing the people of Kings Landing could to them would be enough punishment
>King Tommen is finally establishing justice
>High Sparrow is a hero for overthrowing the tyrant, corrupt, fat Great Houses out of power
>>
>>70781149

My problem is it was just bad writing. There's no way they should have let that happen. They should have sent the goldcloaks in to fucking annihilate them and deal with the public outcry if there even is one. Instead the queen of thorns just left her granddaughter and the only heir to highgarden in a fucking cell to rot over nothing awaiting trial for some bullshit. They have so much power over these people and they chose to do nothing. The High Sparrow wouldnt have even dreamt of doing this if Tywin was alive.
>>
Twyin and Tyrion were the reason it wouldn't have worked.

Jeffrey was already inciting peasant riots as king. Cersei and her retarded children are the reason the church is so powerful right now.
>>
>>70777938
He wasn't better at all, he was just getting more pissed. But he had no control over anything, and his own family despised him.
>>
Well yeah and he had Tywin. King Cuck has his crazy mom.
>>
>>70781422
Exactly what's wrong with the 7 having power? Better than that human sacrificing demon Rh`llor.

Even if there are no seven God's, their morals are far superior to "burn everyone for the LoL"
>>
>>70778393
>wouldn't HAVE

I'm seeing this retarded grammar more and more. Wtf is wrong with everyone?
>>
>>70781149
Yeah. I think people prefer to bond with the devils they know, like Cersei who has reasons to be judged and taken to a prison from the very start.
So a lot of people are like "meh High Sparrow ruining the fun of letting them be evil".
They simply had it coming.
>>
He wasnt. The small council ruled for him while he was killing whores and torturing animals
>>
File: 0x600.jpg (57 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
0x600.jpg
57 KB, 398x600
>>70781749
Pretty much it was all Tywin. Just like during the reign of Aerys II. Tywin was the one who ruled.
>>
>>70781557
You guys really dont see how the show is going do you?
Cersei will set off the wildfire and burn kings landing, which makes the fire god's people(fuck trying to remember his name) more insane because they think he did it.

The 7 gods will fall, the fire god will rise, and khaleesi will show up with fire breathing dragons to cement it.
>>
File: large534d5d2e83500.jpg (61 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
large534d5d2e83500.jpg
61 KB, 512x512
Stop getting angry at Tommen and start getting angry at Olenna for fucking murdering Joffrey.
Olenna is pure evil and a selfish cunt. CIA got in the action with his master plan as well but that's what he does best so you can't really blame him.
>>
>>70781557
Nothing. Nothing any worse than the Houses that rule Westeros now.

The reason Cersei is retarded in my statement is because she's the one that enabled the church to rise. She created her own enemy, because she's a retard.
>>
>>70781557
>Even if there are no seven God's, their morals are far superior to "burn everyone for the lulz"
FTFY
>>
>>70782796
Writing a conclusion to this is a monstrous task. If the climax is Khaleesi and Jon Snow riding dragons killing Wights, how does it finish? Where does it finish? How can these loose ends possibly be tied up?
>>
>>70782796
>>70782919
Do the white walkers win? All we know is Winter is Coming. Its a bit of a cop out but imagine writing an epilogue. Does anyone know the ending spoiler?
>>
>>70777938
No he wasn't, he was spineless and coward as Tommen, only that Tommen is more likeable as a human being while Joffrey was a sociopath. He was a spoiled idiot backed by his grandfather or uncle intelligence, Tommen has Cersei as counselor so he's pretty fucked.
>>
HOW DOES IT END?
>>
>>70783034
Khaleesi will marry Sam cause they are of the same weight
>>
>>70783034
Luckily, we’ve been talking about this with George [R.R. Martin] for a long time... and we know where things are heading. So, we’ll eventually meet up at pretty much the same place where George is going. There might be a few deviations along the route, but we’re heading towards the same destination.
>>
>>70783072
I'm genuinely curious about the ending
>>
>>70783083
Maybe Westeros gets BTFO into the long winter and everyone peaces to essos
>>
>>70782919
Let's assume Khaleesi attacks KL to start. Cersei burns it all before letting go. Nothing left but to go north. Along the way she meets?? Jaime? Jaime and Dany would have great chemistry.
>>
>>70783179
Do the white walkers get past the wall? Is it a Dany saves Westeros episode? Is it just me or does the only viable ending seem like the White Walkers win. I certainly hope not. Its probably Jon Snow Azor Azai. He'll ride a dragon I guess. Wheeuw. Sad!
>>
>>70783269
Then what? A huge climactic battle? Firebreath vs snow zombies. Where? Winterfell? Does an ancient curse lift and the white walkers shatter and sun comes upon the land?
>>
Brann warging into the ice king seems like how the series finale will end. Either before he becomes ice king, or before an epic battle and he offs himself. Or maybe the rockman curse touches ice king and it eventually kills him? Dragon breath melts ice king?

I think most of the cast dies besides Snow and Dany in the end, Tyrion probably in the last episode.

However it ends, it wont live up to the decade+ of hype
>>
Faceless men, seven sons, lannister troops, vale knights, wildlings, Dothraki horde, dragons

VS

White Walkers
>>
>>70777938
Tywin was doing all the work Joffrey was just a glorified figurehead.
>>
>>70783383
Brienne has that new valyrian lookin steel... Nights king better keep his head on a swivel. If he wants to keep it...
>>
>>70782844
>murdering the Aries the second coming was bad
Someone would have eventually killed Joffrey.
>>
>>70783422
>Joff
>Figurehead

Were trying to figure out the ending. Theres too many things going on... Euron? Greyjoys? Uggh.
>>
>>70783389
Remember when Robert said one army as a fist is better than five armies as fingers. The White Walkers are one army behind one king with one purpose. If Azor Azai is true then the lord of light is the religion of Westeros? Is that in Gurms vein?
>>
>>70783389
Faceless men, seven sons, lannister troops, vale knights, wildlings, Dothraki horde, dragons

VS

20 good men

Who wins?
>>
>>70781362
>goldcloaks
They are not even real soldiers and have trouble just keeping the peace during event. They would have gotten slaughtered had they they fought High Sparrow and faced a civil unrest as a result.

Not being real soldiers implies they would break if faced with real opposition.
>>
>>70782844
go back far enough and it'sall lyssa/littlefingers fault for killing john arryn
>>
>>70778393
>wouldn't of listen
Jesus fucking Christ, sort yourself out.
>>
>>70781498
This. No one gave a fuck about Joffrey before he inherited the throne because he was such a fuck up and pussy. Today's equivalent of Joffrey would have gone for not only a liberal arts degree, but an actual arts degree after, and then married a he-she-it (whatever pronoun they choose lol).

Fuckin joke.

I do think that the comparison of Joffrey and current Tommen is interesting, though. Tommen is a total bro and Margery basically sold him out to save herself, and Joffrey would have set the entire city on fire without giving a fuck. I really don't know which king I'd choose, it's a crapshoot.
>>
>>70783829
>tommen is too much of a pussy
>joffrey is too much of a cunt

hard choice
>>
>>70777938
Joeffrey is the best
All hail king Joeffrey !!!
Too bad he diedededed
>>
>>70783606
Go back far enough and it's HBO's fault for greenlighting this shit.
>>
>>70777938
Tommen did nothing wrong

>outlawing Trial by Combat which is stupid and unfair to begin with
>realising his mother is a narcissistic manipulative bitch
>not being a nepotarch and giving special considerations to his family when they transgress the law
>actually caring about the poor people and feeding them
>heralding over a time of peace instead of sperging out and ordering a bloodbath

Normies hate Tommen and High Sparrow because they want to see the rich people win. They hate that the rich are now getting what they deserve.
>>
Tommen is literally best king in the whole show.
>Listens to advisors
>Is not insane
>Brings peace to King's Landing and the kingdom
>Allies with the faith to appease the common people
literally name one thing he did wrong
>>
>>70785543
>>70786264
I agree, but he's still going to die, likely by the end of the season. Muh predictions and such.
Hopefully they'll at least make it plain that he's the least shitty king so far, though.
>>
The show quality and banter died with Joff. He's missed that's for sure.
>>
>>70778268
>hen a green little shit becomes king
when tywin died*
ftfy feggit
>>
>>70784032
Joffrey was actually an asshole, Tommen is a pussy though. What you really want is a dick.
>>
>>70778268
The Sparrow only got supporters because a lot of folk traveled from the Riverlands to King's Landing after the Lannisters burned half of it to hell.

This is all Tywin's fault. He was lucky to die too soon before his mistakes felt upon other people's heads.
>>
>>70781362
Tyrells have cousins who can inherit, Loras was just Old Granny's favourite little fag.
>>
>>70785543
>>70786264
>>70786301

So sad for Tommen. He's got an otherwise good situation for the South, if not for the dumb Dorne and his crazy mother.

With Kevan Lannister abandoning Cersei, and Mace the Ace staying to support the Iron Throne, Tommen has all the powers behind the throne on his side. Appeasing the Sparrow's ideals for populism and religious values is nothing compared to such amassing of power, with no control from the Incest Twins.
>>
Tommen did nothing wrong. He took Tywin's advice about listening to his councilors because they probably know better than him and he is right to do so because this is probably the truth.

However he is also only doing so because he is convinced that they are right. He was convinced by the high sparrow that things were rotten and they needed to work together to fix them.
>>
>>70777938

I realized this in season 5 when queer bitch Tommen refused to march on the HS.
>>
The only person in Westeros who'd make a good king at the moment is Lord Petyr Baelish.
>>
>>70781362

>Dreamed of doing this if Tywin was alive

That's the fucking point retard. Cersei is fucking bonkers and thinks she's hot shit but she let a religious fanatic slide thru into power and undo everything Tywin did.
>>
Cercei blatantly gonna flatten the entire city with wildfire.
>>
>>70787140
No, retard end this meme
>>
>>70787140
Sure why not, the trial by combat is not going to happen
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.