[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how many retcons are in Warcraft movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: orkek.png (268 KB, 526x467) Image search: [Google]
orkek.png
268 KB, 526x467
So how many retcons are in Warcraft movie?
>>
None...
>>
>>70755560
ironically retcons are kind of true to the source material since ever Warcraft game retcons a million things from the previous one
>>
>>70755560
None. It's a separate continuity from the games/books.
>>
>>70755560
what is a retcon?
>>
>>70757695
World of warcraft lore
>>
I'd say half a dozen, but they were already established in Warlords of Draenor, Burning Crusade, and WC3.
>>
>>70755560
Warcraft has many many alternate universes and Blizzards official stance is the moive universe is an alternate universe.

So none.
>>
>>70757839
I'll cover the major ones

>Thrall wasn't stillborn.
>Doomhammer wasn't a Frostwolves
>Hellscream, Bladefist and Blackhand were green by the time they set foot on Azeroth
>Khadgar was Medivhs apprentice, not just some rando
>Garona and Lothar never had that retarded 'tender moment'
>Lothar didn't have a son
>Lothar didn't have a sister
>Lothars nonexistent sister wasn't the fucking Queen
>Gul'Dan was physically incapable of being a threat to other chieftains, which is why he leaned so heavily on his magic and his followers
>Gul'Dan did not fucking kill Durotan in single combat
>Lothar did not fucking kill Blackhand in single combat
>There was never a battle at the Dark Portal during the first war
>Draka didn't send baby Thrall up a goddamn river to be found later

Just the shit I can think of off the top of my head. There's more I missed though.

Also nigger fuck your spoilers.
>>
>>70758535
>>Gul'Dan was physically incapable of being a threat to other chieftains, which is why he leaned so heavily on his magic and his followers

I lost my shit when i saw they presented Guldan as leader of the horde and not Shadow Council, for fuck sake, also to Ogrim Doomhammer as the Frostwolf and Lothar killing Blackhand.

Plus when i found out Metzen himself was writing story and he made Ogrim from most important orc to some irelevant Durtans sidekick, common!
>>
>>70755560
"retcons" from early Warcraft to Warcraft Movie

>Dalaran Is Flying
>Humans with guns in the first war(second had explosives and cannons, third had dwarves with rifles)
>Orcs are bigger
>Khadgar a Kirin Tor member, in the games it was the ruling body of Dalaran
>Brown orcs
>corrupted by Fel instead of blood pact with Mannoroth
>Draenor dying
>Grom in the first war, understandable that he'd be there since Draenor was dying though
>Eredar Draenei
>Stormwind doesn't fall
>Llanes father dies in the prologue to orcs
>Varia is the name of Llanes mother, not his wife
>Gul'Dan is supposed to lead from the shadows and manipulate Blackhands ego
>Orgrim should kill blackhand and take control over the hored
>Orgrim should be in the blackhand clan, not the frostwold
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.