[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God damn, I wasn't expecting this movie to actually be fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: warcraft movie 1.jpg (190 KB, 1280x698) Image search: [Google]
warcraft movie 1.jpg
190 KB, 1280x698
God damn, I wasn't expecting this movie to actually be fucking sweet. I thought it was going to be totally gay at first but I was wrong.

I had more fun watching this movie than any summer super hero movie. I never played the game before but now I want to.
>>
>>70734056
>the game

Which one?
>>
deleted it 25 minutes in
>>
Everyone kept hyping it up to be too complicated for normies and how you'd have to play the games to understand it. As someone who's Warcraft knowledge is "orcs fighting humans something something dragons" I understood it just fine. I could sort of tell there were things I didn't get (when wizard dude turned into a demon like half the theater gasped) but the movie explained more than enough for me to follow the plot.

Overall enjoyed it, kinda wish Goldan got dick-punched but I assume that's for the sequels.
>>
>>70734133
I wish I watched it with a good audience. Mine just watched without a peep. Hearing people get hyped during certain scenes is part of what makes the movie theatre experience golden.
>>
>>70734056
Will you like this movie if you never played the games?

If I saw this with a family member: would they hate it and find it too confusing?
>>
>>70734345
no, and no

it's pretty accessible, critics are just retarded
>>
>>70734056
were you high as fuck watching it?

thats the only way i'll watch it
>>
>>70734345
I would be embarrassed to take other to it, but I enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure.

I legitimately got excited hearing that horde music in the opening credits and giggled a few times during shitty little details like the murloc.
>>
Ive never played the games but I enjoyed it just fine. To me it was like watching those cheesy under-budget SciFi television shorts. A few of the scenes had hilarious cringey acting like when the king and the dude are arguing while making battle plans. It was good fun. I will watch it again, but only if I have a nice supply of alcohol.
>>
thank u all 4 posting ur genuine opinions
this thread is super verisimilitudinous
thank u again
>>
>>70734071
The first one.
>>
watched it with my dad today.
I have played wow for years and he came in with 0 knowledge

we both fucking hated it.
the acting was shit
the story was full of plot holes and "WHY?" moments

This movie sucked cock and I feel like everyone who liked it is just doing it for one big meme.

The love story was poorly done
the father/son story was not very dramatic and seemed contrived

there were 0 good actors and the comedy was so slapstick i felt like I was watching the 3 stooges.
>>
>>70734217
>"Hold up! Durotan is dead?! Dead dead? Shiet dis movie real as fuck!"
Unless you're watching a 10/10 movie, people getting hype/scared easily makes any mid tier movie ticket worth the money.
>>
It was bad but I somehow liked it still. There's a good movie here, they just didn't fully realize it.

>rewrite literally all human scenes
>recast better actors, holy fuck
>who edited this shit? get a better editor

Movie could've been actual gold if they had done this.
>>
>>70734763
>get a charismatic actor to play Kadgar
>just make him Medivh's assistant like he was in the lore
>Medivh's actor was fine but he needed better dialogue
>replace Llane with a big name actor that can give gravitas to the role
>get rid of Lothar's son he was a waste of time

Yeah, human side needed a lot of work
>>
>>70734078
lol are you me?
>>
>>70734641
can you even play this game anymore?

I hear it is rare and all copies are non existent. Did they ever digitalize it?
>>
>10m opening
>shills acting like millions of people saw it

hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>70734703
>plot holes

as far as problems this wasn't really one of them in my opinion, care to elaborate?
>>
It's glaringly obvious that a lot of the film was cut, it really hurts it overall. It desperately needs that 30-40 minutes that's missing.
>>
Fuck off retarded shill
>>
I was surprised.
It started off really badly, with lots of editing issues and lame acting, but it slightly got better near the end

orc story was much better than humans. main character was lame.
also why isnt the golem something closer to a fel elemental? wouldve been better
>>
>>70734703
it sounds like you and your dad may be retards, desu senpai
>>
>>70734133
In the game lore the wizard was born with demon magic in him so the demon was influencing his entire life.
>>
>>70735156
>also why isnt the golem something closer to a fel elemental?
Why isn't it the fucking Curator
>>
>>70734071
The one you just lost.
>>
>>70735222
yeah or that really
>>
>>70735136
Is there any news on what parts were cut?
>>
>>70735223
ugh
>>
>>70735222
I feel the curator would probably look just as goofy as the golem.
>>
>>70735223
rekt
>>
>>70735254
Grom had dialogue, I know that much
>>
File: tcg-series5-061-full.jpg (267 KB, 1455x1200) Image search: [Google]
tcg-series5-061-full.jpg
267 KB, 1455x1200
>>70735156
It was foreshadowing peppered with light fanservice.

It was orc shaped to show that Medivh knew about them before any of the other humans, and when it touched the fel pool it started to turn into an infernal.
>>
>>70735156
>also why isnt the golem something closer to a fel elemental? wouldve been better
I was expecting it to turn into an infernal
>>
So any luck with a sequel?
Honestly they can really develop the stories and the sequels could be much better.

10m domestic but almost 300m overseas already.

What could they make into a sequel? I'm guessing itll be straight up orcs vs humans. neltharion? onyxia? dragons. not sure what else comes after this lore wise
>>
>Medivh is Garona's father
just fuck my lore up
>>
>>70734133
It was two movies in one. The humans discovering that orcs were invading their land had no impact because the viewer already knew from the beginning. Somebody wrote this shit.
>>
>>70735254
Going off of memory
>THEYRE BEASTS
>Grom dialogue
>Original Gul'dan speech
>more Stormwind footage
>zoom-in shot of Azeroth
>that shot of orcs running in snow (possibly in Dun Morogh)
I bet theres a few more I'm missing.
>>
>>70735369
I think it was meant to be a proto-infernal.

The clay was still wet from being worked on, which is why it could be sliced. Had Medivh burnt and glazed it it would've been hard as stone.
>>
>>70735400
>What could they make into a sequel? I'm guessing itll be straight up orcs vs humans.
it should have been straight up orcs and humans for this movie.
>>
>>70735400
In warcraft 2 doomhammer leads the horde but ends up having to destroy his army to stop guldan from doing demon shit. The humans end up invading the orc homeworld and then it blows up. In warcraft 3 prince arthas becomes the lich king.
>>
>>70735400
a weak peace has been established but the Gul'dan starts shit up again and open war is on its way untless the cast band together to stop him

throw in some Fel shit, Lothar and Garona will they won't they and the orc child becoming that Orc Shaman who's name escapes me and there is the second movie
>>
>>70735433
i think that was just implied
>>
>>70734133
>>70734217
My theatre exploded at the polymorph joke and the murloc cameo
>>
None of the characters had anything remotely resembling depth or personality, all of the humans massively under-acted and barely expressed any emotion at any of the events that happened - I'd say it was a result of acting opposite CGI creatures, but they did it with regular actors too. Action was terrible, zero weight, dramatic or physical, to any of the violence, god awful choreography, total inability to disguise the fact the humans were being yanked around and puppeted by CGI when they were supposed to be pulling some acrobatic shit over an orc. Like, how many scenes of orcs punching humans do we need to see? The final fight between Blackhand and Lothar is shown literally in its entirety in the trailer, lol. Like, how many scenes of orcs punching humans do we need to see? Oh, and fuck all explained about the lore. Total dogshit.

>>70735129

I think Draka flying through the air and impaling herself on a sword so she can bite an orc's neck, instead of just not fucking doing that and running away, or fighting him in a way that isn't completely suicidal, was a big one for me. The death was a plot contrivance, not something that actually made sense since she was being chased by a grand total of one orc. Also, if you didn't know the lore, Medivh's betrayal makes fuck all sense.
>>
>>70735400
Lore-wise Stormwind is supposed to be overrun and burned to the ground, with the survivors sailing across to the northern continent to the other human lands. there they create the Alliance. When the Elves find out the Trolls joined the Horde, they join the alliance too.

Meanwhile, the orcs chase them, and recruit the Trolls and goblins into the Horde. They try to take out the Alliance but fail.

Also there's a subplot where Gul'Dan is trying to open the tomb of a demon to get absolute power or whatever.
>>
I slept through some parts and snored
>>
>>70735497
heavily.
>>
>>70735535
It looks like the sequel could possibly be a mix of Stormwind being lost and the second war kicking off. They could probably write a third movie using the end of warcraft 2 and beyond the dark portal. That would be a sufficient bookend for that era of the story.
>>
>>70735517
I wish there'd been more Draka. I wish Draka and Durotan had actually survived, considering that movie ends without resolving the issue of Gul'dan's Horde still being there. Orgrim and Grommash are still alive, and it leaves the story in a very awkward place, as all of the big Orc names play off of each other.

Really, if Gul'dan was going to disrespect all of the Orcish traditions, why would he care about Garona becoming the new Warchief? It made him caring about Lothar winning mak'gora stupid too.
>>
>>70734056
Sorry about your dad
>>
>>70735666
i completely forgot grommash was in this movie. He doesnt have a big role but he appears a few times
>>
>>70734497
Okay, I just got back from it. Where was the murloc cameo?
>>
>>70735800
beginning when they ride to goldshire
>>
File: 1448074664540.jpg (433 KB, 1000x1166) Image search: [Google]
1448074664540.jpg
433 KB, 1000x1166
>>70735666
>Garona becoming the new Warchief?
is this true? what the fuck
>>
>>70735223
oh shit btfo
>>
>>70735839
no, guldan leaves probably to make another horde and im pretty sure Orgrim leads the rest
>>
>>70735800
I missed it too
>>
>>70735839
maybe not war chief but she now has a high spot in the Horde's pecking order for killing the king
>>
>>70735876
thank fuck, some changes I can allow for a movie adpation but forcing le women are stronk like that would have upset me
>>
File: 1465618084505.webm (2 MB, 1314x540) Image search: [Google]
1465618084505.webm
2 MB, 1314x540
>yfw they release a second movie only in china
>>
>>70735896
Oh, I thought she'd been made Warchief by the reaction she got from the other Orcs and the way Gul'dan seemed kind of worried by the way they were suddenly exalting her

>>70735876
Where are they going to get more Orcs to split up like that? I guess Gul'dan can reopen the portal, and there they can introduce Ner'zhul, and really start to play up the Fel Orcs so they can go on to sack Stormwind. Maybe they can introduce Ner'zhul as well if he reopens the portal.
>>
>>70736178
no way in shit a half breed gets to be warchief

she'll be made a champion or chieftan, definitely someone who counsels and advises the Horde, she has too much intel on the Alliance to just outright disregard
>>
>>70735956
Why the hell would they go through the trouble of making a movie and then only release it in China?

They'd release it here too, they just won't bother with advertising.
>>
>>70735956
that footman in the bottom right really triggers me
>>
>>70736349
>directed by christopher nolan
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ePGvdc2--E
1:29
Why did they cut out this version of his speech? It flat out explains the whole premise of Gul'dan's plan and it's just plain great.
>>
>>70736297
Because they don't need to release it outside of china.
>>
>>70735786
He's the ork that cuts off Blackhand's hand, right?
>>
>>70737037
when guldan ordered blackhand to put his hand in the fel? That was durotan I think
>>
>>70736454
Show don't tell, I assume.
We know by the Draenei getting fucked that Gul'dan needs souls to power the portal, so it makes sense when the soldiers who escape say that the orcs took nearly everyone alive.
>>
>>70735517

I don't know the lore and all I got was that the fel corrupted him over the years as he tried to protect Azeroth from it.
>>
File: zakuun.png (134 KB, 592x392) Image search: [Google]
zakuun.png
134 KB, 592x392
>>70737351
Medivh was possessed by a Fel Lord, hence the transformation before he gets golem dropped.
>>
>>70737423

I'm saying his betrayal makes enough sense given what the movie seemed to be saying.
>>
Horde honor duels were fucking awesome
>>
The Gul'Dan vs Durotan made up for the boring human plot (aside from medivh becoming posessed). The music during that scene was similar to when Anakin becomes Vader and the visuals were akin to Leonidas' death in 300.
>>
They should of showed more details

like actually seeing more of the murlocs instead of just hearing the sound

seeing some sort of night elf too
some sound effects used by the games would of been good too

maybe a peon saying stop poking me or something
>>
File: 1326778417825.png (62 KB, 253x149) Image search: [Google]
1326778417825.png
62 KB, 253x149
>robbed of glorious orgrim vs blackhand mak'gora because "for duh allience11!!!11!" moment
How could you fuck up so badly
>>
>>70737622
Bro Night Elves don't even show up till WC3 because they're busy doing fuck all in Kalimdor.
>>
>>70737685
Fine
they showed ironforge
they should of shown some gnomes too since theres a portal there at the very least

I know gnomes only appear till WC2 as engineers and the sort in ships and whatnot (explosives too )
>>
>>70737460
Not that guy but agreed. For a placeholder explanation it works fine that he was supposedly corrupted by fel magic over time. (even though if i remember correctly he's possessed by Sargeras and has been his entire life because he was controlling Medivhs mother (the lady inside the cube) when she was pregnant with medivh). If they actually let the audience know it was Sargeras that was controlling medivh the only reaction they'd have would be "who?"

Also was it just me or were they trying to say in the movie that was medivh was actually Garonas father. (which could work because he travelled to the orc world and met gul'dan and started setting things into motion and it'd explain why she's green in the movie (because of the fel magic inside of him). I'm unsure because when he's talking to Garona he seems to be telling her about it and then she says something but I didn't hear clearly and i'm not sure if she says "you left me?" or "he loved me?"

At least if that's what they were going for it makes sense that she looks so human in the movie instead of half orc half draenei.
>>
>>70737622
More fanservice, you mean.
>>
>>70737802
>a dwarf gives him a gun
>not a gnome

I know it's autistic but that annoyed me.
>>
>>70735503
Tell the polymorph joke pls
>>
>>70738074
Khadgar polymorphs a guard and tells Lothar "it only lasts about a minute"
>>
>>70738120
Not him but I don't get it.
>>
>>70737983

She says, "You left your mate?" In an earlier conversation (I think with the humans but could be wrong) she mentions that her father left thus the significance.
>>
>>70738143
It's not even a ""joke"", it's literally just a reference to the spell Polymorph in WoW, which lasts a minute.
Cringe as all fuck.
>>
>>70738143
When you polymorph something in WoW, it lasts for 60 seconds
>>
>>70738151
Ok. So the question is. Considering in the original timeline they fucked and she has a son (obviously this happened offscreen) things got kind of fucking weird now.
>>
>>70738120
Lol as an ex-Mage I appreciate the reference.
>>
>>70738229

Garona and Medivh have a kid in the original games? Yeah things are definitely weirder now.
>>
>>70738263
>Lol as an ex-Mage

This movie is going to do wonders for autism research.
>>
>>70738187
You forgot to clarify that its only in PvE, scrub. Technically it was PvP so its all wrong. My guildies and I cringed.
>>
>>70738263
You can't become an ex-faggot, faggot.
>>
>>70738307

I know you're joking but that's almost a compliment since we'd have to be a special kind of autistic to produce any sufficient amount of research.
>>
>>70738333
Holy shit.
Consider suicide, my man.
>>
File: 125125125.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
125125125.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
I hope the 40 minutes that were cut are mostly Gul'dan parts.

He NEEDED more screen time.
Fuck, he was the best thing about the movie.

Every scene with him was awesome.
>>
>>70738333

To be fair, it's referencing Warcraft polymorph and not WoW polymorph.
>>
>>70734056

Holy obvious shill, Batman!

It's a fucking shocking film that ruined a great story from the original WC game.
>>
>>70734056
I feel for Duncan. When he started working on this film his wife got cancer. She beat it. Then as he was finishing it, his dad died of it.

I'm just glad the end credits didn't dedicate the movie to Bowie.
I'm hoping he saves that for Mute
>>
File: 1391734608856.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1391734608856.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>70735223
>>
>>70735517

That's not even how Draka, or Durotan died originally.

Where the fuck was the betrayal and execution scene?
>>
>>70738281
Yeah Med'an
>>
>>70738333
Guard was an NPC, checkmate
>>
>>70738430
You do realize the movie is selling well right?
he wanted to please the fans, and he did.

Just read the blizz forums, the blizzdrones are circlejerking over it.
>>
>>70738419
>lasts about a minute
It is ABSOLUTELY referencing WoW polymorph. Don't kid yourself.
>>
>>70738447

Did anybody else wanna fuck Draka? I'd porc that orc
>>
>>70738447
I like Durotan's death better this way.

He straight up gets drained to death by Gul'dan instead of getting shanked by some no name assassins.
>>
>>70734641
>>70735046

PLAY IT RIGHT NOW THEN IF YOU WANT TO.

http://playdosgamesonline.com/warcraft-orcs-humans.html

it is like starcraft, you need to hit A then click, otherwise the units will just move into the enemy and not attack on the WAY to the enemy.

WC2 battle net edition is what you fuckers need to play anyway. WC1 came out in 1994 or some shit
>>
>>70735046
yeah you can get it for free on bnet.
>>
>>70738465
>he wanted to please the fans, and he did.
He also wanted to make the film accessible to people not familiar with the universe, which was mentioned by ther director himself and actors in pre-release interviews. That is why the story is watered down to a basic entry-level fantasy flick. He failed at that, big time.
Don't try and claim it was a deliberate move to make the film garbage for non-fans, because it's simply not the case. He just fucked up.
>>
>>70738507
Fuck, watching Gul'dan straight up smash durotan then drain his soul was good.
>>
>>70738448

So then I wonder why they changed things so radically? Why have Lothar and Garona fall in love?
>>
>>70738549
see >>70738525
Appealing to people who don't give a shit about Warcraft.
>>
>>70738549
I wasn't even paying attention during their romance thing because I was busy admiring how they did a 1:1 recreation of Goldshire Inn.

The layout was identical.
>>
>>70738465
I was just pointing out how it was probably emotional for him during that time to make the movie.

But yeah, the fans love but critics don't. That's got to sting.
>>
File: 1460271583653.jpg (152 KB, 900x896) Image search: [Google]
1460271583653.jpg
152 KB, 900x896
>>70735800

it was right before the first contact scene, they cross a bridge and the little guy is like muckukukreeeeeeeee! jumping up and down.
>>
>>70735956

haha it looks like the 3 actors in the bottom right are doing a dance

JIGCRAFT
>>
hey, so plot stuff explained int he novelization that differs from the game lore:

>sargeras doesn't exist
>medivh used fel magic to protect stormwind from trolls, and it corrupted him
>medivh went to draenor on his own. knocked up an orc lady. garona is his daughter
>medivh is gul'dan's master in the movie
>>
>>70738549
Probably because things are much more convoluted in the original lore and they couldn't do it here. Also it seems that they want to repurpose her character to be a force for good rather than somebody that gets mindfucked by medivh and gul'dan into doing horrible things.

In the original story she cuts out the kings heart because Gul'dan is controlling her via magic and medivh casts a spell on her that makes her become paranoid as shit.

There is no "you are a chance for there to be a peace between us please kill me so you can survive" moment.
>>
Isn't Gul'dan supposed to be invading medivh's mind before he dies??? to locate the tomb of Sergaras ?
>>
>>70738333
Guards are NPCs m8.
>>
>>70738585

I get the concept but as someone who wasn't familiar with the lore before watching, it seems to me that switching things around as they did didn't make anything easier to comprehend.

Was there ever a reason for why Khadgar was treated like the next Guardian? I know in the lore he was Medivhs apprentice but in the movie he just>>70738549
seemed like some random ex-Mage.
>>
>>70737622
they had a summon stone when the orcs first attack the humans.
Westfall reapers
and the fishing bobber. there was enough little things
>>
>>70738660
>no Sargeras

I don't think so Tim
>>
>>70736454

its better writing to just do it, not explain it as you do it.

unless you are a disney/MCU kiddo who needs everything explained to you like i am right now.
>>
>>70738660
I'm pretty sure that the fel magic corruption is still supposed to be sargeras. They even showed the shade of his mother in the movie explaining that he's not what he seems to be and he basically starts transforming into a tiny Sargeras right before the golem falls onto him.
>medivh is gul'dans master in the movie

I took it as the opposite.
Medivh was being controlled by Sargeras and stumbled onto the orcs. He fucked Garonas mother while introducing Gul'dan to fel magic and told him what to do.
>>
>>70738716

Dunno how that misquote got there.
>>
>>70738703
It's completely un-needed to the story isn't it? I imagine the eye of sargeras won't be a thing if they make future movies.
>>
>>70738726
maybe they can put him in there later, but in the game lore, sargeras corrupted medivh through aegwyn. in the movie lore, medivh was chosen by the kirin tor, and he discovered fel on his own. it corrupted him without the role of the burning legion at all. medivh orchestrated the orc invasion.

>>70738748
what i'm telling you is in the book. medivh is the master of gul'dan alluded to by garona.

also the shade wasn't aegwyn. that was the first guardian.
>>
>>70734056
Same here OP, I went in with low expectations but came out impressed.

Maybe I just have shitty taste but I really really liked this movie.
>>
>>70738074
>>70738120
>>70738183
>>70738187
>>70738333
polymorph is a spell from warcraft 2 you millennium shits
>>
>>70738785
>also the shade wasn't aegwyn. that was the first guardian.
really? My mistake.

Also yes I get that. I'm saying that in the movies story is doing the same thing.

He went to Draenor and met Guldan. It implies that he influences Gul'dan instead of the other way around.
>>
File: 1463534181583.png (519 KB, 595x594) Image search: [Google]
1463534181583.png
519 KB, 595x594
>>70738418
this desu senpai

Even my normie friend who saw the movie with me and knew literally nothing about Warcraft thought he was great.
>>
>>70738785
I assume in his travels he stumbled upon the Burning Legion that introduced the Fel dick into his asshole.

The entire Orcish invasion is orchestrated by the Legion to pave the way for them anyways.

Medivh also mentioned that "you don't know the forces I contend with". Garona also mentions a burning voice that entrusted Gul'dan with his power.
>>
>>70738790
Yes, but the addition of the line "it'll last about a minute" makes it ABSOLUTELY FUCKING CLEAR that it is referencing the WoW spell, not the Warcraft 2 spell.
In fact almost all of the fanservice in the film was fodder for low-IQ WoW players.
>>
>>70738826
Oops I meant to link this part of your post >>70738826
>what i'm telling you is in the book. medivh is the master of gul'dan alluded to by garona.
and reply with
Also yes I get that. I'm saying that in the movies story is doing the same thing.

He went to Draenor and met Guldan. It implies that he influences Gul'dan instead of the other way around.
>>
Didn't hate it. I was entertained.maybe I like Warcraft enough to enjoy the movie, but not enough to be bothered by the rethinking and shit. I barely remember who Kadghar is. I know Kadghar's Whisker and I remember him being in one of the instances. Black Morass?
>>
>>70738418
has there ever been a single case where a film with obvious/openly admitting to having huge cuts wasn't unanimously agreed upon to be a huge mistake?

I hope they release an unfucked version.
>>
>>70738826
yeah, sorry i thought you were disagreeing. to clarify. there is a novelization of the movie released. in that novel, these things are explained.

>It implies that he influences Gul'dan instead of the other way around.
In the game lore, Sargeras is inside Medivh, while Kil'Jaeden uses Mannoroth to corrupt the orcs and they all coordinate the orcish invasion of azeroth by opening the portal from both sides simultaneously.

>>70738846
>Garona also mentions a burning voice that entrusted Gul'dan with his power.
that's medivh in the book

all this is explained to khadgar by the first guardian in the scene in the movie that makes no sense and has no purpose.
>>
>>70738876
Which is weird because from what I understand retarded WoW players still didn't get shit like the high elves being with the alliance at the time. People literally yelled out "wtf blood elves aren't with the alliance"
>>
>>70738844
Imagine how a Gul;dan fanboy felt watching that shit.

It was great, i cal tell you that.
>>
>>70738939
Can you link this novelization?

I want to give it a read. I refuse to believe they would cut out the Burning Legion in Warcraft.
>>
the movie floundered on pacing and character development, but it had a lot of unique stuff to offer that was really appealing.
>great setting
>awesome look
>trope defying plot
>etc

i honestly give this an easy 7/10 + worth watching
>>
File: 1462221322964.jpg (64 KB, 621x451) Image search: [Google]
1462221322964.jpg
64 KB, 621x451
>>70738943
>mfw some fat balding neckbeard in my theatre thought they were night elves
>>
>>70734056
Could have used some exposition at the start just to get some basic information across. What Azeroth is, etc.

All the human characters sucked. Orcs were way more interesting and compelling.

CGI varied throughout. The orcs looked great, spell effects were kinda shit, environments that weren't the Dark Portal or forests looked fucking terrible.

Story and pacing were a mess. I really hated how they kept saying "the fel". Just fucking call it dark magic if you aren't gonna explain what fel means. Fight scenes were pretty good.
>>
>>70738992
https://www.amazon.com/Warcraft-Official-Novelization-Christie-Golden/dp/1783295597

they didn't exclude the possibility of the legion appearing later, but just removed their influence on the story that plays out in the first game.
>>
>>70735197
Technically correct.

Shortly after Medivh was conceived, the avatar of the Dark Titan Sargeras fought with his mother Aegwynn, the penultimate Guardian of Tirisfal. Sensing that Aegwynn would win the battle, he placed a seed of himself within Aegwynn's womb. Sargeras' essence possessed and clung to Medivh as he developed within her, and eventually he was born and no one knew about the darkness that lay within Medivh.

Obviously that would be difficult to fit into an already 2h30m movie, but that's basically Medvih's backstory.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Aegwynn
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Medivh
>>
>>70738939
I'm disagreeing with you but on a different point than you think

Game plot:
Sargeras is controlling medivh
Sargeras travels to Draenor using Medivhs body and brings Gul'dan into the fold.
Gul'dan is a puppet of medivh (which is a puppet of sargeras and mannoroth is overseeing shit in draenor

Movie plot:

Sargeras is controlling medivh but nobody knows who sargeras is and they just believe it's fel magic at this time
Sargeras travels to Draenor using Medivhs body to bring Gul'dan into the fold and bangs an orc chick (which is why she's green instead of red now)
Gul'dan is a puppet of medivh which is a puppet of Sargeras and Mannoroth is nowhere to be seen and could easily be written out (which would be a damn shame because pit lords are fucking awesome and it would be a shame not to have them in future movies)
>>
>>70734217
Don't say that around yuropoors. Any emotion shown in a theater is like a needle in their dick hole apparently.
>>
>>70739014
It bothered my how they went back and forth between Guardian and Medivh.

Just fucking stick to Medivh god damn.
>>
>>70734703
Nice try but no way in hell you watched it.

Even the worse reviews gave the Orc actors props for doing a good job.
>>
>>70739064
yeah that all very well could be, but sargeras and the legion are simply never mentioned in the novelization, the prequel durotan novel, or the brothers prequel comic strip, whereas in the game he's undeniably all over the place.
>>
>>70738939
There's a really small line from Orgrim when he's talking with Gul'dan that I think mentions Sargeras.
He says something along the lines of "A gate for a world. Gods are strange."
>>
HOW DO I INSTALL WARCRAFT 1 ON WINDOWS 7?
>>
>>70739072
Guardian even sounds retarded when spoken as a title. It works in writing but there's something cringe worthy about it when spoken. They should have used Guardian once when we first met him and (with Khadgar being the one using it) and Lothar calling him by Medivh (showing that they are less formal with each other because they are friends) and then just called him Medivh at all times.
>>
>>70734943
Khadgar is not suppose to be charismatic. Hes always been a smart ass.
>>
>>70734763
>>70734943

a lot of the "jokes" and the "we're buddies" stuff needed to be reworked. they need different writers for the next movies.
>>
>>70739146
that's pretty open ended. the orcs in the game didn't know much about sargeras either. they at most knew about kil'jaeden.

he could have been referring to medivh, which he only knew as the dark power that granted gul'dan his powers.
>>
>>70738772
Yes, but it is the very reason why guldan stays alive, after offering the death knights to doom hammer. It's a huge thing. But i guess the chose to remove Gul'dan from warchief byt the dual with durotan.
>>
>>70737662

iktf, hordebro
>>
>>70739128
>yeah that all very well could be, but sargeras and the legion are simply never mentioned in the novelization, the prequel durotan novel, or the brothers prequel comic strip, whereas in the game he's undeniably all over the place.
True that.

You could probably trip over a random stone in the original Lore only to find out that it's actually being controlled by Sargeras which slowly moved to that position over thousands of years just so you'd stub your toe on it.

That said I honestly expected them to all but completely leave him out of the first movie because he simply overshadows everything else.

A small time invasion of orcs is nothing compared to a rogue titan that would shatter the world simply by entering it.
>>
>>70738772
But the eye is the very reason of gul'dan's death
>>
if they wanted to have lothar's son in the movie, they needed to show us that lothar resented him and that his son was sacrificing himself to overcome that resentment. instead they just mentioned both in dialogue AFTER his son died. baffling.
>>
>>70739245

I thought he opened the door to see some deamon and got squished. Thats how i remember the FMV when i first played it, but then again i was just a dumb asshole kid.
>>
>>70739245
So? Durotan gets killed by assassins in the original story. Garona isn't Medivhs daughter in the original story. Something else can kill Gul'dan.
>>
>>70734056
One of the rare times where critics were way, way off IMO, and it shows.

Is it just because it was a video game adaptation and critics went in with confirmation bias? Audiences in general seemed to really enjoy it at least as a blockbuster and especially as a Warcraft adaptation (where applicable) so I don't know.
>>
>>70735400
Uuuuh try the second game dude.
>>
>>70739241
yeah they needed to limit all the new stuff on the screen for the general audience, and having mannoroth there would just baffle people and seem like a massive plot hole. leaving it open ended enough that sargeras and kil'jaeden could enter later is fine enough for me.

in the games, orgrim kills blackhand, while gul'dan dies anti-climactically in the tomb of sargeras. since blackhand is already dead, and they removed aegwynn/last guardian/etc from the movie, there's no tomb for gul'dan to run off to, so i assume orgrim will instead kill gul'dan.

not sure how lothar will die, though, since he is killed by orgrim in the game.
>>
>>70739205
Hopefully, if we get a directors cut, there is a scene that gives us answers.
>>
The moment when Medivh's eyes blackened and he walked across the pool transforming into the avatar of Sargeras, or a demon, whatever... It really sexually released my autism. That's all I needs from this movie.
>>
File: 1458741585383.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458741585383.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Why didn't they just strap a bunch of explosive barrels onto griffons and just bomb the gate from air, seeing as orcs have literally no ranged capabilities?

Do they expect me to believe that dwarfs gave humans bunch of muskets, yet wizards or bloodelfs could not spare some mages?

Why did humans allow themselves get surrounded so easily, have they no comprehension for tactics, just charge and hope for the best, seriously?

Why didn't the king go trough the gate, are they implying any sane king would sacrifice himself for like 20 peasants? Are they stupid?

Did general guy fuck the half orc lady? Will in the next episode of warcraft she will give birth to the guys child and it will be like "oh cool now I am no longer mad that you killed my king"?
>>
>>70739316
we didn't even make it all the way through warcraft 1. in some ways we're past it and others nowhere near the end.

They'll take at least 2 movies to reach the ending of warcraft 2 at this pace.
>>
>>70739392
>Did general guy fuck the half orc lady?
In the original story Medivh fucks the orc lady during this movies timeline. So maybe that happened off screen?
>>
>>70735658
Na it has to end the Second War or Thall's arc in the next movie wont work.
>>
>>70739325
They could make a throw-back to Mannaroth if they make a second movie but it might seem cheesy. I get the feeling they'll have to remake a lot of the legion in regards to appearance. They may seem too cliche to someone that isn't familiar with the games.
>>
>>70739418
I was genuinely disappointed when Stormwind didn't get obliterated.
>>
>>70738074
>>70738120

It's more than that.

Lothar is in a cell trying to convince the guard outside that he's calmed down and he can be let out now. He gets angry and throws a twig or something at the guard, at the same time the guard is polymorphed by off-screen Khadgar and Lothar is left bewildered and looking at his hands.
>>
File: pit.gif (71 KB, 323x335) Image search: [Google]
pit.gif
71 KB, 323x335
>>70739435
>mannoroths appearence too cliche

Nigga what? Pit lords are dank as fuck and could easily be translated to film.
>>
Any good streams/torrents? or just all camshit?
>>
>>70739424
nope. in the movie garona is medivh's daughter. i doubt he fucked her here

>>70739435
>they'll have to remake a lot of the legion in regards to appearance. They may seem too cliche to someone that isn't familiar with the games
i wouldn't call the pit lords too cliche looking, though....
even infernals are pretty unique. the only cliche looking designs are the dreadlords. maybe the man'ari.
>>
>>70739424
Well it was implied that muh guardian was her father, and when the general guys son dies, he goes to the pub, has a few pints and then I think it implies that he and the orc lady fuck.
>>
>>70739503
i can't tell you how awesome i think mannoroth looks in the warlords of dreanor cinematic.
>>
>>70734133
>Goldan
>>
>>70739513
kat(dot)cr/warcraft-2016-1080p-hdtc-x264-ac3-5-1-titan-t12743024.html

This one is DVD quality, it's surprisingly good. The sound could be better though.
>>
>>70739530
I haven't played WoW since WOTLK. Do you have a link to it?
>>
>>70738064
>the dwarf didn't say "Well met!" when the messenger runs up to him
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ
>>
>>70734078
>>70734973

>watching some shitty cam rip

jesus christ no wonder
>>
>>70739595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

heads up, this is like an alternate universe history going on here.
>>
>>70738183
He also says that "it only works on stupid people", implying that everyone playing WoW is stupid because they all can be sheeped.
>>
>>70739618
meant for
>>70739595
>>
File: 1464907004257.gif (607 KB, 187x220) Image search: [Google]
1464907004257.gif
607 KB, 187x220
>tfw no Diablo movie
>>
>>70739591
I'll check it out thanks famalama
>>
File: 1456956253254.gif (2 MB, 304x226) Image search: [Google]
1456956253254.gif
2 MB, 304x226
>ate a big pot brownie an hour before watching it

best movie experience of my life so much fun
>>
>>70739618
Yeah he looks great.
>>
>>70739628
Ah that was such a good cinematic, especially when Grom almost died the exact same way as WC3
>>
Tried watching the chinkrip, the movie actually seemed good but fuck that quality. Gonna wait for the real shit
>>
>>70734056
The audience reaction seems to be surprisingly somewhat positive compared to critics. What happened?
>>
>>70740006
Critics are out of touch. Nothing new.
>>
>>70740006
Most critics are scifi nerds.
>>
>>70740006
>taking critics seriously
>current year

Half of them are doing clickbait for ad revenue, the other half have sticks up their asses.
>>
>>70735324
yeah shit he was in the background of like 10 scenes but was never acknowledged, that was weird.
>>
>>70740006

Critics have a bias against video game movies.
>>
>>70740006
Despite its many flaws and inconsistencies it was no worse than your average capeshit, your fantasy adventure of the month, plus they probably use lord of the ring as golden standard for fantasy adventure, as where in capeshit age of ultron is the pinnacle. Critical score means shit desu
>>
>>70737983
>the only reaction they'd have would be "who?"
Exactly what I thought normies would think too. There is too much lore at this point in warcraft for everything to get into a 2 hour movie. And some things just wouldn't transfer well. If they included Kiljaeden and Sargeras and have them never be heard of again until the second movie, normies would be like "that shit was fucking dumb". A movie should be able to stand on it's on as well as be part of a series (if they get sequels) so I think it suits well enough for the first flick.
>>
File: 1461020752614.jpg (92 KB, 487x960) Image search: [Google]
1461020752614.jpg
92 KB, 487x960
>>70739711
I want to get high as fuck and see this in imax so bad.
>>
>>70738183
>Cringe as all fuck.
you are cringe as all fuck. It's a 5 second joke. Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
>>70735503
Mine as well, loved it
>>
>>70739005
some fucking autist in another thread here was convinced they were too.
>>
>>70740253
I remember that thread, I chose not to get involved there.
>>
>>70740097
>in capeshit age of ultron
I think everyone, critics, capeshitters and normies, would agree that AoU is not the pinnacle of capeshit.
>>
It really triggered my 'tism that they got the Orc colours wrong. They're meant to be brown normally, then turn red when they're hopped up on Demon blood and Fel magic, then turn Green after they've come down.
>>
>>70740289
a wise choice
>>
>>70740330

The only turn red when they OD on demon blood.
>>
>>70740330
red is from drinking demon blood
green is from fel magic
>>
>>7073551
>Action was terrible

yeah, whatever faggot
>>
>>70740370
Red is from a lot of demon blood. Green can be just one sip or long exposure to it.
>>
File: tumblr_m3mo8v8Gbd1qk6457.jpg (32 KB, 378x363) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3mo8v8Gbd1qk6457.jpg
32 KB, 378x363
>mfw this movie
>>
Spells I wanted to see

Frost Nova
Icebolt
Fireball
Magic Missile
Blink
Polymorph

Only Frost Nova and Blink didn't make it in
>>
>>70740420
yeah my bad, that's right
>>
>>70734943
As someone who always liked Khadgar (even WoW's current version of him) I was really skeptical on the actor playing him, it just didn't feel right.
But alas, as I watched, he grew on me.

King Llane though, holy shit, who was the guy who played him? Had the biggest "Literally who?" face, especially when standing next to Lothar and Medivh's actors.
>>
>>70735065
It's made 300 million, idiot.
>>
>>70740474
The latter scenes with Khadgar were pretty decent, I felt the same way initially though. I felt like he portrayed him decently and put effort into the role.
>>
>>70740474

Llane's actor had the face for a king that's a bitch and sits in his throneroom all day. I did not know much about the character and was pretty surprised he was legitimately fighting and taking down orcs competently.
>>
>>70736387
kek
>>
File: 1464808521774.jpg (55 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1464808521774.jpg
55 KB, 720x720
i made orc named her Zokka, good orc name?
>>
Oh yea i love seeing awesome places only to be there for 5 minutes only to cut to a different location with only 6 lines of dialog.

This movie had major things missing
>>
>>70737983

In movie novelization, he outright thanks Morose(that's the steward's name, right?) for giving him time with his daughter. Right before he reveals he called the Horde over
>>
>>70740474
Llayne was so miscast. Khadgar should have been a bit older and not such a butt of jokes character all the time but he was ok.
>>
>>70740606
but magni tho
BIGMAN
>>
>>70740606
Nearly a third of its runtime was cut for the theatrical release. Here's hoping a Directors Cut is released later.
>>
>>70740583
Thats kinda how he spent his life though. Stormwind Has been at peace since his grandfathers time. Other than the one time he Lothar and Medivh fought a few Trolls he hasnt seen much war.
>>
>>70738549
Med'an is the equivalent of Rey from sw:tfa on steroids. Better to just retcon his existence
>>
>>70738183
a reference can also be a joke, autismo.
>>
>>70740474
>King llane

fucking seriously. Every moment he was on camera fell flat.
>>
>>70740606
director's cut nigga. go back and watch the trailers, there were so many shit that was missing. hope the movie makes enough to get a sequel and a directors cut. and i hope they learn from their mistakes this time, despite liking the movie.
>>
>>70740633
Directer Cut has already been confirmed.
>>
File: 1462868471501.png (37 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462868471501.png
37 KB, 200x200
>>70740685
excellent
>>
>>70740595
Yea, sure
>>
File: 1415153472196.jpg (23 KB, 473x454) Image search: [Google]
1415153472196.jpg
23 KB, 473x454
so what epic memes did this shitflick have?
>>
>>70740474
The guy playing Khadgar didn't really fit the role, but he obviously put a lot of effort into it so he comes across fairly well, all in all he worked. I think the whole cast needed another 10-15 years of age though, everyone has a serious case of babyface. Even Lothar looks like he's mid-late 20's when he should be late 30's at the youngest.
>>
File: bodyofworksnatchers.jpg (21 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bodyofworksnatchers.jpg
21 KB, 640x480
>>70740595
holy shit a talking skellington
>>
>>70740675
Duncan Jones mentioned that the movie was rushed in order to establish the world, he did well considering all the lore he had to jam in. Not an easy task. He also stated that id they're able to make a sequel that all the ground work has been set and they can flesh things out more satisfactory.
>>
If they had taken 10 seconds to show Lothar getting drunk, his scene of acting retarded at the kings council would have made sense. Instead he's just whipping around and breaking figurines like a jerk and it was awful. In fact, all of the humans were very poorly acted. The orcs carried this shit and they knew it.
>>
>>70740685

Source?
>>
>>70737423
He was possessed by Sargeras. Sargeras took him over before he was born.
>>
>>70740720

>"You would not make a suitable mate. You would be injured."

>"He desires to lay with me."

>"SPELL-CHUCKER?"
>>
>>70740731
Khadgar was like 15 during the First War.

I will agree Llane and Lothar looked too young they could have aged them a bit with makeup at least.
>>
>>70740765
He was atop the Goldshire Inn's bar, seemed fairly obvious he was drunk. The cuts were obnoxious though.
>>
>>70740774
DJ's twitter. He also said a Troll raid was cut from the film.
>>
I fucking hate writers that think they write for everyone.

>The road to a Good Videogame Adaptation is littered with the corpses of Super Mario Bros. and Tomb Raiders. Nothing is impossible, but making a decent movie out of a videogame might be. As a gamer, you should know the reason why. While a person might like the story in a game, they play it because they become part of it. Warcraft, like the others before it, takes that control away—and while your directorial hands are capable, they’re still not ours. With Warcraft we’re no longer the players, and it made us hate the game.

http://www.wired.com/2016/06/open-letter-duncan-jones-warcraft/
>>
>>70738930
Jones said with enough support he'll release an extended version. seeing its success so far, it seems likely that we'll get some kind of director's cut/extended edition on BR.
>>
>>70735065
pretty much all of china saw it.

>>70735136
This. It felt like there were some very inspired and gripping scenes that were strung together. lothar having to watch his son die would have been better off if they developed the relationship better. As would the frostwolf massacre have made more of an impact, we never even saw Durotan being imprisoned.

>>70735400
>What could they make into a sequel?
There wasn't much of a resolution at the end of the movie, they could take it anywhere.skipping warcraft 2 and going straight to warcraft 3 would probably be the best way to go.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.