[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Final Girls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: thefinalgirls.jpg (194 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
thefinalgirls.jpg
194 KB, 630x1200
Just saw this movie, and really dug it. The premise might not be unique, but it does enough things differently to separate itself from the crowd. I thought it set up its world well and consistently followed its own rules, and the mother-daughter stuff was surprisingly touching.

Thomas Middleditch was easily to best, he died way too early. The rest of the cast was great too, scene stealer was that girl who played the dumb slut on adderall. Only person I didn't like was the main girl, from American Horror story. Favorite joke was when you find out Maeby Funke lost her virginity to an autistic guy.

Did any other anons see this movie? I thought it was a really cool indie flick. More like it?
>>
>more metashit
That's why we can't have genuine slasher movies anymore. Because every hack wants to "deconstruct" them instead of trying to create a genuine one that works.

Scream was a mistake.
>>
File: 2.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
final girl was better
>>
>>70717174
Manchild with an axe was the best part and the only good villain in the entire movie. He should've been the final boss instead of that boring generic sociopath.
>>
instead of watching some comedy "love letter" to 80s slashers, people should watch 80s slashers.
>>
>>70717172
Hush was a pretty good straightforward slasher flick.
>>
>>70717172
>>70717232
It was more of a straightforward comedy film with the 80's slasher flick as a backdrop. As opposed to Scream, which is attempting to be equally funny and scary.

This movie was fun i dont get the hate for it.
>>
Does Brelsin show her tits?
>>
>>70717172
Delet this friendo. No one makes straightforward slashers, outside of Netflix, 'cos of the string of remakes that flopped between 2005-2012. Without meta slashers there'd be no Scream series, Cabin in the Woods, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, Final Girls, Dude Bro Party Massacre 3, Detention, Leslie Vernon, Kill Me Now, shit ton of other cool experiments.
Meta slashers are great, miss me with the "bring back the old days of Madman and Humongous" bullshit
>>
>>70715305
Vera Farmiga's daughter was actually pretty good in it.
>>
>>70719181
they're sisters famalam.

I disagree. Thought she was the weakest performer out of the cast. Especially in the opening scene.
>>
>>70719235
Half-agree. She wasn't awful by any stretch, but 1. felt miscast, and 2. happened to be in a movie where everyone else killed it. Nina Dobrev, Alia Shawkat, and the Hunger Games love interest guy were all way better than I expected, genuinely good character acting
>>
>>70715305
It was great

Too bad mommy's sister can't act but it was bearable
>>
>>70717174
I had to rewatch that scene for some reason.

>>70717221
I thought the axe kid was a bit shallow, he was just the random crazy impetuous villian. The momma's boy and especially the jealous lieutenant had a bit more depth. I agree with the arch-villian, he was generic as shit.
>>
>>70719235
i'm mostly just shitposting famalamadingdong

IMO Malin was spot on with her ''actress in an 80's slasher'' character.
>>
>>70719315
Fair enough. I agree everyone killed it. Middleditch was my fave though easily.

>>70719480
Only wanted to mention because I didn't realize she wasn't her daughter until i read up on the movie after watching. Yea Malin killed it, like she always does. tfw want to be aroused at strip tease but can't because it's too sad
>>
>>70719586
to be fair i really did think it was her daughter when i watched the movie as well. i was like wtf when did VF have a kid?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.