[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which female lead was the better feminist role model?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: versus.jpg (54 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
versus.jpg
54 KB, 851x315
Which female lead was the better feminist role model?
>>
>Elsa
>role model
It sure is okay to abandon your responsibilities and kill millions of people by freezing the entire country as long as you make up with your sis in the end
>>
File: mulan bath.gif (532 KB, 486x291) Image search: [Google]
mulan bath.gif
532 KB, 486x291
>>70703808
>>70703860

Yeah, the "role model" in Frozen was Anna because she learned not to be a slut, which was a lesson Elsa didn't have to be taught.

I liked Frozen a lot, but Mulan is clearly the superior feminist role model.
>>
>>70703808
Mulan...duh. It's not even a fucking question.

>I'm in an ice-glass case of emotion.
Whatever bitch.
>>
>>70703860
Wow did you even consider her feelings.
>>
>>70703808
Mulan. Frozen bitch was all about avoiding your problems and izolating yourself from society.
>>
File: cute.webm (2 MB, 1272x533) Image search: [Google]
cute.webm
2 MB, 1272x533
>>70703808
>>
Tangled>Frozen
>>
>>70703994
>all about avoiding your problems and izolating yourself from society
works for me
>>
File: 1452898606393s.jpg (4 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1452898606393s.jpg
4 KB, 124x125
>>70704135

DID SOMEONE SAY FUCKABLE RABBIT?
>>
mulan's message is more about how anybody can become a "man" even if they don't fit the traditional mold. Mulan, despite never physically able to completely become a man, used her natural talents in other ways to receive the same status. The same goes for her ragtag male cohorts who have their own flaws.

frozen was more about a princess that didn't need a prince charming to come solve her problems at the end of the day. In this way, mulan is more about embracing your femininity, whereas frozen is about proving that women can do everything a man could do. two different ideas of feminism.
>>
>>70704135
>she fucks the Fox
How does that even work?
>>
File: foxy.webm (3 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
foxy.webm
3 MB, 1280x536
>>70704160
yes
>>
>>70704344
I think this is why tumblrinas were praising Elsa for being the "THE FIRST STRONG DISNEY FEMALE". Older disney princess movies like Mulan and pocahontas (both poc) were not about this new theme of disney movies that demands that women can do everything men can do. Tangled was the first movie in this new mindset, but frozen is a part of it.
>>
>>70703808
I'm honestly amazed that Frozen got so much praise for stronk female characters, literally all the characters were selfish assholes who couldn't bother to simply talk with eachother.
>>
>>70704344

Mulan fits the road of the female hero, first she denies her feminity, then embraces it (drag infiltration). She's better than Elsa
>>
>>70703860
So in other words she's the perfect feminist role model. Mulan on the otherhand is a horrible tool of the patriarchy who internalizes oppression, adopts male virtues, helps her sick father and gets married at the end of the story.
>>
File: 2779564-zootopiarabbit.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
2779564-zootopiarabbit.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>70704369
THEY'RE JUST FRIENDS
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.