[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me good sci-fi movies released before the '70s. Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
Give me good sci-fi movies released before the '70s. Just finished pic related and loved it.
>>
The Black Sleep
>>
>>70701192
Forbidden Planet
The Thing From Another World
Metropolis
>>
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
>>
Thanks bros.
>>
why does they have to be released bofore the 70s
>>
>>70703761
because that's what OP wants to watch, are you daft?
>>
File: things_to_come.jpg (189 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
things_to_come.jpg
189 KB, 1024x768
>>70701192
>>
>>70701192
I always loved 20 Million Miles To Earth. It looks really nice in color; watch that version if you can.

>>70703761
So he'll get pre-70's sci-fi, retard.
>>
>>70703810
listen mate it's totally arbitrary i mean what if i know of a film released in 1971 which is made in a late 60s style suddenly i cant post it? thats super fucken gay
>>
avoid the hitchcock ones, they don't hold up AT ALL.

>MGM's Time Machine 1960
>original Mothra movie
>Fahrenheit 451
>Fantastic Voyage
>2001 a space odyssey
>barbarella
>original planet of the apes
>the computer wore tennis shoes

those are a few watchable or notable ones from the 1960s
>>
>>70703910
And what's stopping you from posting that? It's not like it the internet will break if you do

The spirit of OP's request is obviously that he wants classic sci-fi movies along the lines of Forbidden Planet, Fantastic Voyage, The Time Machine, etc. If you can think of a film along these lines then just fucking post it
>>
>>70703910
Just post it if you think it fits. There's no execution squad waiting for you for angering OP.

You should still kill yourself, though.
>>
>>70703761
It's to stop people from posting the obvious ones like Alien that are mention in every thread.
>>
>>70704025
ohh i get it now thanks for the answer
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2877x2248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2877x2248
The day the earth caught fire.

Genuinely GOAT 1961 Sci-Fi, the two leads are great, Munro is sexy as FUCK and based Leo McKern is funny as fuck.

USA and Russia both test giant nukes at the same time on opposite sides of the earth, causing the earths axis to change (kek). World gets hot as balls etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 695x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 695x459
>>70704080

Mmmmmm Janet Munro
>>
File: 4378472321142.png (2 MB, 800x1145) Image search: [Google]
4378472321142.png
2 MB, 800x1145
>>70701192
>>
>>70704219
No foreign films. Thanks to everyone else who contributed.
>>
I'm actually conflicted on what to list Gojira as. A sci-fi movie? An antiwar movie? A horror movie? They all kinda fit.
>>
>>70703761
I've been neglecting sci-fi movies from before that era, I've seen a ton of them from the '70s onward but feel free to post more obscure post-'70s sci-fi if you wish.

>>70704629
No I would actually appreciate essential Gojira as well since I've only seen King Kong vs. Godzilla on VHS when I was like 5.
>>
The Quatermass Series is P good you should check those movies out OP
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.