[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was in the wrong here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: ssts.jpg (186 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
ssts.jpg
186 KB, 500x564
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>70698069
Is it wrong to get an exterminator when you have roaches?
>>
Do the VFX still hold up to this day?

Also, how long before the inevitable PG-13 friendly reboot?
>>
>>70698069
Well, that bug was fucking disgusting, so I'm gonna have to say the arachnids were wrong.
>>
>>70698069
The mormons should never have been in arachnid space but that was probably just another part of the false flag.
>>
>>70698369
Yes

>>70698069
The humans were morons and the bugs were just being bugs. But I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all
>>
>>70698783
The mormons too?
>>
File: 52912.jpg (136 KB, 800x541) Image search: [Google]
52912.jpg
136 KB, 800x541
I honestly can't remember from the book who was the aggressor of the conflict.
>>
>>70698838
why did you make that pointless post?
>>
>>70698838
It's never stated. The war officially starts when the bugs drop the rock on Buenos Aries, but why they are fighting in the first place is never really talked about. Which is pretty standard for old sci fi books, as if its not important to the narrative, it isn't mentioned, except maybe years after the original author dies and Kevin J Anderson writes a fucking horrible book about it...
>>
A group that was labeled "Extremist" (implying that if there wasn't anything to gain, no one would give a fuck) was used as a scapegoat to further a war that was already on ridiculously shaky scientific grounds (an "astroid attack" would take millions of years to reach us) with another sentient species.
It's poking fun of militant fascism, we're clearly in the wrong. Imagine the same movie, but replace the bugs with a more humanoid species or just other humans.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160611-013354.jpg (1 MB, 1227x1827) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160611-013354.jpg
1 MB, 1227x1827
I just finished reading this an hour ago and this thread is first in line when I get on tv what the fuck

good book though

bugs attacked first, Buenos Aires
>>
Bugs
>>
>>70699196
>>70699242
Didnt drop a rock in the book, they jusy attacked with ships and blew it up. Later they do the same to San Francisco.

which makes about as much sense, what were they up to in the meanwhile just chilling in orbit? Why didn't they blow up more stuff? The book was pretty vague on the stuff going on back at earth, it just claims the Skinnies told the bugs where it was and they destroyed Buenos Aires.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.