[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are films doing this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Darwin Skyline City .jpg (84 KB, 671x361) Image search: [Google]
Darwin Skyline City .jpg
84 KB, 671x361
why are films doing this?
>>
File: sssd.png (933 KB, 620x831) Image search: [Google]
sssd.png
933 KB, 620x831
it really bothers me and i keep seeing it happen. fullscreen name of the location...fucking idiotic. what happened to the typewrighter in the left corner..?
>>
File: 1463335774539.jpg (422 KB, 800x928) Image search: [Google]
1463335774539.jpg
422 KB, 800x928
>>70690395
>>
>>70691238
honestly, this is why I prefer /tv/ over reddit. /tv/ has great memes and they always feel original.
>>
>>70690395
>>70691201

Why do Americlap audiences need the movie to literally tell them where the scene is taking place?

>"We have to go to Russia"
>Cut to establishing shot of the Kremlin in the middle of winter accompanied by the Soviet national anthem
>Subtitles: Moscow, Russia

>"Let's go to Germany"
>Establishing shot of dozens of minarets accompanied by the Adhan
>Subtitles: Berlin, Germany

>"Guess we're going to Vegas"
>Establishing shot of the Las Vegas strip fully lit up accompanied by Viva Las Vegas
>Subtitles: Las Vegas, Nevada

Every single time.
>>
>>70691417
cause spoonfeeding the audiences gives the producer and all that shit more money. You think that ppl would like a movie that made them think about stuff. 80% of the ppl i know love chick flicks...
>>
>>70691417
>Berlin
nice
>>
@70691417

the majority of audience members won't recognize the Red Square or the Brandenburg Gate.

And how else do you advance the story without the character saying what they are doing next? Do you just want a bunch of simultaneously occurring events with minimal dialog?
>>
>>70691732
>@70691417
Holy shit, how fucking new are you?
>>
>>70691238
Noice
>>
>>70691417
lets not forget

>"We're going to England"
>cut to establishing shot of Big Ben accompanied by London Calling
>Subtitles: London, England
>>
>>70691732
>@70691417

Go back to tw@tter.
>>
>>70691732
Thats the most newfag shit I have ever seen
>>
S U M M E R
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.