[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the most depressing movie ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: lead_960.png (242 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.png
242 KB, 960x640
is this the most depressing movie ever made?
>>
>>70683312
only if youre an atheist
>>
It of you have the shallow mental capacity of an embryo
>>
>>70683811
>wiggle wiggle wiggle
>>
>le deep stick figure man

Can't he go back to fucking random shit already? At least that was mildly entertaining. It's Such a Beautiful Day and World of Tomorrow are gigantic crocks of shit.

The fact that the second even got nominated for an Oscar shows how shit the tastes of many are.
>>
>>70684179
epic neck-beard, man
>>
>>70684384
>can't retort my point
>resorts to calling names

Go draw some more stick figures, Don. Nobody cares.
>>
I thought it was a nice film. there were some cute jokes thrown in. Sure, it uses entry level existentialism as a platform for the plot and casually brushes over cosmic catastrophe and human suffering and plays it as dark comedy but these are not groundbreaking ideas or feelings for most people.
>>
would have been 10/10 if lil' emily died in the time-goof blizzard at the end
>>
>>70684474
I'm not that guy but you really didn't make a point to retort there, you just called them shitty without saying why.
>>
>>70684179
*tips fedora*
>>
>>70684703
Because they're babbies first philosophy: the films. They offer nothing to say but base, simple discussions on life. He spends the entirety of It's Such a Beautiful Day to basically just say "Alzheimers sucks"
>>
>>70684828
Well, now that you mention it, that is a good point. I didn't personally find Such a beautiful day to be deep or anything but I just thought the way it presented itself had a certain charm to it, but then again I'm not very familiar with the person's other work so I had nothing to hold it relative to going into it.

I also just kind of thought it was funny more so than anything.

>The stranger, confused, said thanks before they knew what they were saying, and words caught in Bill's throat and he stammered out 'Weh'

That whole introductory bit sold me on the rest of it.
>>
>>70684828
I agree that they're philosophy 101 films but that makes sense. they're short animations. there isn't a lot of room to work an advanced philosophical commentary into a larger plot. they're small stories in short form. Straightforward condensed philosophy bites.

That said, for what they are there's a LITTLE bit of nuance in the shorts in the form of some genuine sentimental moments stuck into the overarching 5 minutes of "lol look how bad the human condition is XD." Gives it a kick of realism and emotional diversity at least.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.