[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just recently finished season 1 of this pure kino television,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: true-detective.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
true-detective.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
Just recently finished season 1 of this pure kino television, yes I know I'm late.

Something that bothered me though who really was the yellow king? I don't think it was the man with the scars, I don't think its any of them I think its just a symbol for their group.

What did you think anons? How big was the conspiracy?
>>
yellow king is a horror book
>>
It's an allegory for the depravity and pointlessness of human existence.
>>
>>70663862
rust and morty never really solve the whole thing, shit goes way deep. those two fucking idiots had trouble nailing an inbred hillbilly, getting stabbed and fucked up. how could such bakas hope to solve the mystery of pedophile mastermind cult?
>>
it was the cosmic horror that distracted matthew mcconaughey at the end, when it briefly entered that dimension partially. it was a old god death cult THE WHOLE TIME
>>
File: 1426894521064.png (2 MB, 1430x804) Image search: [Google]
1426894521064.png
2 MB, 1430x804
>>70664016
but anon the blue vortex was yog sothoth
>>
>>70663933
I know I mean in the context of the shows story anon.

>>70664016
They established his head was messed up from drugs I don't think that was real or meant to be taken literally.

Maybe they were trying to go full Lovecraft though and make it real.
>>
>>70663862
The sprawl is at least over all Louisiana. Maybe the entire south.

Season 2 was better
>>
I loved all the cult stuff in True Detective so much. That scene where they talk to the old woman and she starts reciting all the craziness about Carcosa is one of my favorite moments from the show.
Rejoice
>>
File: 1438227824100.jpg (175 KB, 356x1200) Image search: [Google]
1438227824100.jpg
175 KB, 356x1200
>>
>>70664351
Yea made it more than a typical cop show.

I think its obvious the Liddell family was involved cause why else would they hold on to that stuff? Childress was a distant relative of theirs, there was no reason to cover up any of that unless they were actively involved.

Does season 2 keep this spooky Lovecraftian shit going?
>>
File: womennnnn.png (751 KB, 1331x763) Image search: [Google]
womennnnn.png
751 KB, 1331x763
Although I have come to see the finale as flawless, I was initially disappointed that there was not a wider conspiracy revealed. I should re-watch both seasons. I suspect that season 2 would be more rewarding to re-watch. I suspect that season 2 was far more symbolically oriented than I initially assumed. While Season 1 made wide use of traditional symbolism, Season 2 may have used quotidian events as representative of larger truths.

Here is some essential writing on Season 1: http://visupview.blogspot.com/2014/10/on-far-side-of-psychosphere-part-i.html

Does anyone know of anything like this for Season 2?
>>
>>70664784
Idk I think Rusts wife should have killed them both in the hospital revealing herself to be part of the group, she totally was btw there's tons of hints throughout the show.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHpJv3YDG0s
>>
>>70665411
Go on....
>>
>>70664639
Season 2 is pure horseshit
>>
>>70664492
Fat fuck
>>
>>70664016
>>70664199
desu I wish it was at least a little ambiguous about the swirling vortex. The ending felt too Hollywood, despite the ominous tone of the season. They didn't have to die or anything, I just thought it be cool if the atheist Rust told Morty "I-I don't know if it was the synesthesia, but I could swear I was looking into Carcosa- the real Carcosa. I felt something's presence. I don't know if it was the Yellow King or God or- I don't know, I just don't know..."
Something like that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.