[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Overrated flicks that are just average
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
ITT: Overrated flicks that are just average
>>
>>70661413

>pic not related

Shit thread, OP
>>
>>70661413
Moon is good and Sam Rockwell is a legit great actor, but the cliché as fuck clones stuff kills it. Really goes to to shit in last 30 minutes.
>>
File: VC.png (987 KB, 677x960) Image search: [Google]
VC.png
987 KB, 677x960
>>70661413
>>
Moon is the #5 greatest sci fi of all time slobadon mybroskevich
>>
>>70661413
this so fucking hard
>>
>>70661413
>>70661678

>ITT: shit taste
>>
>>70661706
>ITT: shit taste
mom look! he doesn't know what le kino is XD
>>
Suffers significantly upon a rewatch. Will never stop loving the spaceybot, though.
>>
Can't bring myself to love it like some people do.
>>
>>70663116

That's because you can't relate because you will never know love.
>>
>>70663116
This is betacore. You should be proud of not being able to relate.
>>
>>70663164
Ok.
>>
>>70663116
Same here. I enjoy the sci-fi parts, but I felt no connection to the romance. They seemed too self aware as characters for some reason, like every other piece of dialogue was anticipated to be a really good quote that lonely people will get ingrained in their heads. Like 500 Days of Summer.
>>
>>70661413
pic unrelated, right?
>>
>>70663174
>Betacore

Yeah, loving someone is beta amirite XDD so alpha dude

>>70663116
True kino. This is one of my favourite scenes of all time, don't even know how many times I've watched it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTmlNigifSI
>>
>>70663360
You're honestly saying jim carrey's character isn't a pathetic beta who sticks with a lunatic because he can't do any better?
>>
I really liked this movie until the last 15 minutes or so. The ending felt far too abrupt
>>
>>70663296
Strangely enough, I was going to mention 500 Days of Summer. I loved it. The situation resonated more with me, I suppose.
>>
>>70663116
Do you know why? I'm very curious because I don't think you can say this is an objectively bad movie.
>>
>>70663378
He is simply a man in love.
Only a sociopath or someone that has never been in a relationship thinks that love is completely rational and logical.
>>
>>70663412
I never said anything about the movie being bad in the least. I watched it some years ago and I actually bought the DVD at a bargain price, and I watched it a couple more times.
It's a well-written and a good movie all around, just not as good as people make it out to be, in my opinion.
>>
>>70663390
I feel this. I liked the ending to to story itself, but it did feel like you were being sorta rushed through it, and then it just ends with him shooting off back to Earth and it's kinda just over.

How could it be different though? It would have possibly cheapened the ending to find out what happened once he returned, and also the movie would have become pretty much a straight drama in it's third act.
>>
>>70663401
Yeah, they both seem pretty well made all around, I just wasn't the target audience I suppose.
>>
>>70661413
If you saw HOW MANY MOVIES ARE OUT THERE, and that when you start to get to 4/10 movies it's basically just sub-division for 1/10 movies, you'll understand that AVERAGE is the top 80% if not 90% of movies, and the GoaT is less then 10% of the movies that come.
out/year.

When you rate on a curve, Moon is better then average.

Also who hates Spacey???
>>
>>70661413
>score by clint mansell
>kevin spacey emoji robot
>sam rockwell being funny

I know people are hating on Duncan because of warcraft, but you must be a fucking idiot to call Moon average.
>>
>>70663722
But I think the movie ratings shouldn't depend on the other movies you have seen, they should be judged independently of all the other movies you have seen. Average is therefore like 5/10 - 6/10
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.