[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Fringe a good show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: 51+LN5BG5VL._SX940_.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
51+LN5BG5VL._SX940_.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
Is Fringe a good show?
>>
It starts to get a bit ridiculous about 2/3 of the way through season 3, but yes. The first two seasons are especially good.
>>
its one of the greatest shows of all time if you stop at the end of season 3
>>
the thing this show did better than anything else of its kind, is that it wrapped up plot lines entirely

the writers didn't just make shit up and then never explain it, like Lost

Something weird as shit would happen, and then halfway through the season you get a complete explanation, and move on to something else

if you like the main character you eventually get to see her 'twin' too, which is fun, the actress is good for a TV show.

also one of the best uses of a Bowie song, I credit this show for making it popular again
>>
1-3 is pretty good.Season 4 is garbage and should be skipped. Season 5 was rushed but managed to be somewhat enjoyable.
>>
File: fauxlivia.png (750 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
fauxlivia.png
750 KB, 1024x576
>>70655257
>tfw no fauxlivia gf
>>
>>70655655

It's Altivia dammit, also hnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh see what happens when you don't get volunteered for crazy psychic experiments as a child, you become a sexy bitch
>>
File: asteroid.jpg (71 KB, 550x268) Image search: [Google]
asteroid.jpg
71 KB, 550x268
>>70655024
I loved it (all of the seasons).

A few people enjoyed it up to a point.

Most people hated it.
>>
>>70655257
They were also great with setting up plotlines in advance so that you KNEW they weren't just pulling things out of nowhere. The accelerated pregnancy in episode 2 was integral to the plot of season 3, for example.
>>
>>70655024
Watch the pilot and go from there. Form your own fucking opinions.
>>
>>70655024
Something Fringe did was give me a new respect for Joshua Jackson, because before Fringe I never would have believe the guy from Dawson's Creek could play a badass action guy. Same thing happened with Brian Austin Greene and the Terminator series
>>
>>70656798
Peter kicking down doors was always the highlight of an episode.
>>
>>70655024
It's not bad. It's not good. It's mediocre. However a lot of effort was put into the show, you could see the showrunners cared but the network fucked them.

>Dat 80s Fringe intro
>>
File: 1446821310277.jpg (8 KB, 413x358) Image search: [Google]
1446821310277.jpg
8 KB, 413x358
>>70656944
If Fringe is mediocre, then what is good?
>>
>>70656990
By nature "procedural shows" or "case of the week" shows can't be GOAT. I'm sorry.
>>
File: white tulip.png (155 KB, 454x461) Image search: [Google]
white tulip.png
155 KB, 454x461
>>70657164
Alright, I see where you're coming from.

Fringe is still my #1 show. To me, it's the closest a TV show has come to perfection.
>>
I really enjoyed the show but I wasn't a fan of the "twist" in season four that basically made the previous seasons not all that relevant. I wasn't too thrilled with the the sort of soft reboot it went for where we got new versions of all the characters in a way, and then it kind of ended up linking back again. I'm an episode away from finishing the last season.

I'm pretty bummed that the ride is over, it's a really comfy show with great acting.
>get really sad anytime Walter is sad

John Noble is amazing.
>>
>>70655024

It got really fucking good and then inexplicably lost its way and turned to shit. They should've done more with trans-universe espionage / warfare aided with psychedelic drugs and psychic powers like it was at its best and just had the rest of the series stick with that, but instead it turned into some weird "reality is rewritten to make everything that happened beforehand no longer exist" bullshit and then got even worse than that at the last season by turning into a really lame freedom fighters vs. evil observer fascist government plot.
>>
File: INCREDIBLY BASED.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
INCREDIBLY BASED.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>70658902
John Noble is a bloody legend. He's one of the few actors that'd make me freak out if I met them.

The ending doesn't let you down. Hope you enjoy it, mate.

And, personally, I liked S4. I feel like the "soft reboot" was just more progression of the story; it gave some really good explanations to all the weird crap with David Robert Jones in S1, and it of course had lots of pic related.

>>70659417
>They should've done more with trans-universe espionage / warfare aided with psychedelic drugs and psychic powers

THAT would have been the show losing its way.
>>
>>70659504

No, you just have horrible taste. The season 4 reboot was cringe as fuck.

>DUE PROCESS
>OWNERSHIP
>FREE WILL

Fuck off. It was great because it was about fantastical drug induced psychic inter-dimensional warfare. It became shit because it suddenly turned into a "muh freedom" libertarian's dystopian jerk off story.
>>
File: fringe-season4-tite-3.jpg (123 KB, 636x355) Image search: [Google]
fringe-season4-tite-3.jpg
123 KB, 636x355
>>70659504
>>70659799
>>
>>70655024
loved it. all around good fun.
>>
literally underrated
>>
>>70659799
>>70659829

To me it seemed like the show wasn't doing as well and they knew they would be cancelled eventually, so they went with a season that had one whole plotline the entire way through without any case of the week stuff.

It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but there's some cool stuff in the last season, like when Peter almost becomes an Observer.
>>
File: 6zz78.jpg (143 KB, 1920x1847) Image search: [Google]
6zz78.jpg
143 KB, 1920x1847
>>70659914

>It's a Peter episode
>>
Best intro or best intro?

http://youtu.be/c4Vvs_JAh04
>>
>>70659976

This was the real best one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAHfYZYvEx4
>>
>>70660006

For sure. I was really impressed with how they made Walter look younger in the flashbacks. John Noble actually looked half his age almost. They didn't do such a good job with older Broyles though in season 5...
>>
>>70655024
It was pretty good, but just like Person of Interest I feel that they could have (and maybe should have) ended it on the 3rd season
>>
>>70660006
was gonna post this exact video
>>
>>70655024
Been rewatching it recently when I have the chance

Honestly after X-Files, it filled a void.

It didn't fill it in the same way, which was mostly good.

The series went on longer then it should have, creatively. The first few seasons are peak.

>>70659504
John Noble is great in Fringe, could watch it all day if I could just to see his "Walter"
>>
How much did JJ Abrams actually do on the show? Did he just create it and then walk away?

I thought it was also unusual how the show used season four to do a bunch of "what if" scenarios, like when Nimoy went from being a good guy to a "I'm a God now" villain. Sometimes I sometimes wonder if they did that just to pad the show's length out because they didn't want to continue with the darkness implicated in season three. It's kind of a shame, really. The "Peter accidentally had a kid and now everything is ruined" timeline was just wiped away.
>>
>>70655024
Season 1 to 3 are great.

4's a bit ehhh

5's decent
>>
White Tulip is such a god-tier episode. I think it's my favorite episode of the entire series.
>>
>>70660218

>How much did JJ Abrams actually do on the show?

Pretty much, just like every other show he produces. He's become the genre series Aaron Spelling.
>>
I tried Red Vines because of the show. At first I thought they were awful compared to Twizzlers, but they're good in a weird way. You have to finish the bag fast, though, or else they get hard as fuck since there's little preservatives in them.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.