[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they just send the payload as an unmanned missile?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (774 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
774 KB, 1440x900
Why didn't they just send the payload as an unmanned missile? The Icarus II AI was smart enough to not fuck up the mission like they did.

You would think that they would have learned their lesson from the first one.
>>
>trusting a machine to do a man's work

Fuck off HAL.
>>
Same reason Bruce Willis had to plant that nuke on that asteroid. You're going to trust the last hope of humanity to a calculator? No thanks, pal.
>>
>>70622275
POO IN LOO
>>
then there wouldn't be a movie
>>
What does the bomb do? The sun is such an unfathomably large celestial furnace. I fail to see what they could have built that would have any effect whatsoever on it.
>>
>>70622380
did you even finish the movie? it caused a chain reaction that equates to the birth of a star, basically erasing the old sun and absorbing it in the new one. for all they know it could have just went dark after the initial explosion or caused some catastrophic reaction and made the sun expand. this was a last ditch effort and the film ends before we see the prolonged result of their actions.
>>
>>70622484
>it caused a chain reaction that equates to the birth of a star, basically erasing the old sun and absorbing it in the new one
Which is total horseshit. Nothing human made could faze the sun.
>>
>>70622534
Then explain global warming.
>>
>>70622293
>>70622318
>trusting psychotic South African cultist skelemen with a multi quadrillion dollar spacecraft
It would only have to be a one way trip too if it was AI piloted
>>
>>70622564
Jesus wanted to get us into space faster
>>
>>70622484
>trying to explain science in Sunshine
A sun doesn't burn out. It gets bigger and bigger until it collapses on itself and becomes a black hole.
>>
>>70622650
>A sun doesn't burn out
Stars like our sun do. Only giant stars with considerably more mass explode in supernovas or hypernovas and can form black holes.

Our sun will get bigger and at the end just shed its outer layers, basically evaporate.
>>
>>70622564

The explanation is that the Earth does what it wants when it wants. If 2016 humans existed during an ice age they would blame humans as well. We know virtually nothing about the Earth, we just think we do. We could still be coming out of an ice age.
>>
>>70622772
I think about this sometimes, i think there is no doubt we have had some effect on the earth, but i'm sure in the grand scheme it's minuscule.
>>
>>70622275
>Why didn't they just send the payload as an unmanned missile?

Because then there wouldn't be a movie.
>>
>>70622650
>i believe every """""theory""""" that the suits tell me
ok bozo
>>
>>70622897

It may not even be minuscule ('minuscule' things can of course have massive consequences, as well), we simply do not have enough data to draw any conclusion.
>>
>>70623000
>I was raised by YouTube conspiracy videos
>>
File: FrpzE4f.jpg (22 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
FrpzE4f.jpg
22 KB, 480x600
>>70623094
>it doesn't line up with what the suits tell me so it must be a wacky conspiracy
>>
>>70622897
>>70622772
We have an effect in the fact that carbon emissions just lets more sun rays reach earth.
In the long run, earth and nature will do fine, maybe just not with us, anymore.
>>
>>70623134
The planet did fine for billions of years without us.

If anything, what is deemed fine in this case? The planet can become a barren and desolate piece of rock without any life, but it will still exist.
>>
>>70623125
>look mom I said it again
>>
File: 239543.png (230 KB, 757x579) Image search: [Google]
239543.png
230 KB, 757x579
>>70623225
keep tipping sheeple
>>
>>70623250
Ok kid
>>
>>70623198
Fine, meaning, with life on it, which is a miracle in itself and why our planet is special, seeing the batshit insane number of parameters needed together for it to appear.
>>
>>70622534
Holy fuck the autism
>>
>>70623353
Well then the Earth was fine hundreds of millions of years without us.
>>
>>70623410
I'm not disagreeing with you. But I'm still glad I'm alive!
>>
Dude.

The fuck was up with that third act.
>>
>>70623497
so cheesey, especially the effects for the psycho. ruined the movie desu
>>
>>70622534
> nothing human made can cross the desert
--ancient Egyptian peasant circa 5000BC

> nothing human made can cross the ocean
--english peasant 1445

> nothing human made can cross the stars
--US citizen 1921

> Nothing human made can phaze the sun

-lowly anon circa 2016
>>
movie?
>>
>>70623497
Where would you have taken the story? Really, unless you threw 50 million more bucks at the production back in '06-'07, you can't do much more with the story. The killer doing his shit at the last part of the movie makes it so they reuse sets and can have action happen. The deaths not caused by the guy probably cost more to actually produce than the earlier deaths.

I like it the way it is, a more realistic Event Horizon. Or a non-shitty version of that Supernova movie 16 years ago.

>>70623134
This. Humans are fucked if we continue to fuck the earth up, the earth itself is fine and life itself will always live on in some form or other.

I believe in global warming, but not as caused by humans themselves. What we SHOULD worry about is all the byproducts of our shit fucking ourselves and our environment up, as well as the idea that this planet cannot hold us all to a high standard of living (with our current population). If we had more than just our planet I wouldn't worry cause fuck people, but this is the only planet we have. We must learn to live in equilibrium with nature.
>>
>>70622564
That affects the Earth, you know, where humans actually live

imagine being a human and thinking you can change the sun. Holy shit anon it's a movie and you can't change stars
>>
itt some dumb child thinks robots dont need maintenance and that there are no such thing as mechanical failure
>>
>>70623963
I'll fuck a star up
>>
When the dead crew members' face started showing up I thought I downloaded a fugged copy from some faggot.
>>
>>70622275
Pawg

They were homo.degeneratus
They were panickinh
>>
>>70623878
Sunshine
>>
>>70623497
>>70623537
FUCK
OFF
PLEBS
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.