[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why didn't they just use christian bale?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124 KB, 257x380
why didn't they just use christian bale?
>>
>>70614906
he was too single
>>
Integrity I guess.
>>
You teenagers know fuck all about the film industry holy fuck.
>>
Affleck's Batman > Bale's Batman
Affleck's Bruce < Bale's Bruce
>>
Affleck is a better Batman then Bale, voice and image
>>
>>70614906
They should have just made a live action version of Dark Knight Returns.

All we got was a film that was all over the place and didn't hit the mark anywhere.
>>
>>70615055
The Mutant stuff would've been really out of place unless they did a prequel Batman film.
Coming to think about it, that may have actually been enjoyable to watch
>>
>>70614906
Because CB's Batman is shit.
Bale himself is the first one to acknowledge it.

http://m.rte.ie//entertainment/2016/0305/772849-christian-bale/
>>
>>70614906
Bale made his capekino. Let Affleck get his turn.
>>
>>70615205
>Batman, he’s this very, very dark, messed-up character. I found when I put on the suit I went, ‘I just feel like a bloody idiot if I don’t use this as a means to (show) his true, monstrous self that he allows to come out in that moment.
He didn't even understand the themes of the movie he was in. He portrayed one of the most hopeful and inspirational versions of the character in a long time
>>
Bale was 10x better than the wooden af Affleck. If you call that good acting then IDK
>>
>>70615139
I don't mean a carbon copy, as it's very much an 80's work.

They could have modernized it. Just replace the mutants with degenerate youth gang culture that has gone out of control.

There are a few details that could be changed, as long as the general essence of the film remained the same it could work.
>>
why do people shit on bale? he's miles better than affleck
>>
>>70615327
I actually think that would've been a great introduction to the new Batman desu
Perhaps made the mutants less cringy

Dawn of Justice was a bad movie to introduce this new version of Batman in.
>>
yeah i get the whole baffleck > bale or whatever. but my question is more or less. why didn't they use nolan's pre-established universe rather then just make up a new one and lose their audience. seems like alot of wasted profit to me
>>
>>70615437
They should've gotten Adam West by that logic.
>>
>>70615423
>Dawn of Justice was a bad movie to introduce this new version of Batman in.
I agree. I mean it's just out of nowhere the Batman is there. No real backstory or context given.

This is why I would have liked to have seen more DKR influence in the film. When I first heard of Dawn of Justice and that they were going to use a DKR spin, I assumed Batman would be coming out of retirement to take on Superman, not be already active.

Either that, or he came out of retirement and drew the attention of Superman, like in the graphic novel. But that didn't happen either.

The film was just a disappointment.
>>
>>70615437
The problem is that they tried to be more comic booky whilst also trying to keep that darker realism.

They failed on both counts.

Bale didn't actually want to do it anyway.
>>
>>70615383
Idiot kids who think batfleck is their Batman.
>>
File: 1421568038380.gif (971 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1421568038380.gif
971 KB, 500x490
>>70615044
>>70615055
>>
>>70614906
his arch finished
>>
File: Stan.png (385 KB, 500x751) Image search: [Google]
Stan.png
385 KB, 500x751
>>70615437
Because while WB always wanted to go full fanservice and do a Justice League universe, Nolan always challenged the studio on this and wanted to create his own untainted standalone trilogy about Batman with a beginning and end and without any corporate meddling.

That was part of the agreement he made with them, otherwise he wasn't going to return to create a third Batman or do any more movies with them. And because he made them over a billion dollars, he's very much put on a pedestal by WB and has a lot of respect there. Bale also said if Chris never returned that he wouldn't do a film either, so it would be immensley stupid to break his wishes and spit on the legacy of his films. They had no other alternative but to reboot.

And honestly, based on the critical reception to all this shit? I know we like to be contrarian here and pretend BvS and MoS were good movies and that the Nolan trilogy doesn't deserve even a modicum of respect for what they achieved, but Nolan was completely right. The DC expanded universe is a cancerous tumour that would have destroyed everything he built by association.
>>
>>70615021
yuuuuup
>>
>>70616017

Not that guy but while I loved Nolan's trilogy, he took Batman and progressively made him just a man. To the point of making Bruce choose a life where he wasn't the fucking Batman, which is fuckinrg retarded in respect to the source material. In Begins you have probably the best Year One-like story and the perfect blend of Batman/Bruce making it the greatest Batman film, and best of the three. In contrast TDK and TDKR you have less Batman and more secondary characters, which appealed more to people who didn't really like Batman. I think he could've took part in the DCEU if he went more along the lines of Begins.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.