[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Highest grossing director of all time ($9.246 billion) >Had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: spielberg.jpg (634 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
spielberg.jpg
634 KB, 1600x1200
>Highest grossing director of all time ($9.246 billion)
>Had the highest grossing film ever three times (Jaws, E.T., Jurassic Park)

What does /tv/ think of Steven Spielberg?
>>
((()))
>>
>>70611787
a good director who became less interesting post munich
>>
70s and 90s Steven is best Steven
>>
>>70611787
He's prolific. Probably the most influential filmmaker of the last 45 years. He's the best, even if his recent work hasn't been well received by a lot of people
>>
I like him a lot but he's honestly never made a better film than Jaws. Raiders of the Lost Ark is a close second.
>>
Shouldve been gassed.
>>
File: hot butter.jpg (45 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
hot butter.jpg
45 KB, 450x300
That's gonna be great
>>
>>70611787
>What does /tv/ think of Steven Spielberg?
He needs to stop. Somebody needs to tell him to stop.

I feel like every director (probably every artist) has a point where they've exhausted themselves of good ideas, and to push forward just would just taint their legacy. It's pretty clear Speilberg has hit that point.
>>
File: OUT23275654[1].jpg (55 KB, 394x480) Image search: [Google]
OUT23275654[1].jpg
55 KB, 394x480
>>70611787
>Had the highest grossing film ever three times (Jaws, E.T., Jurassic Park)

yeah that records not going to hold for much longer is it
>>
>>70611787
GOD tier:
Jaws, Raiders of the lost ark, the last Crusade, Jurassic Park, Schindler's list, close encounters of the third kind

GOOD tier
saving private ryan, the terminal, catch me if you can, minority report

MEH tier
Hook, ET, temple of doom, war horse

SHIT tier
A.I., war of the worlds, crystal skull, the lost world
>>
Will he be able to improve upon the source?
Obviously that's not saying much, but it could be a fun movie, especially since it'll probably rely less upon quirky references
>>
>>70613030
>war of the worlds
>shit tier
wut
>>
>>70613030
Put Lincoln in meh
>>
I'm still nervous about lorries because of Duel
>>
>>70613072
The first 20 minutes are 10/10. Then it very slowly rolls down hill until it jumps off a cliff.
>>
>>70612771
Jaws is easily his best but that's saying a lot since its a 9.6/10 almost flawless film. I would say SPR is his close second best
>>
>>70611787

he was awesome before the money men took over hollywood at the expense of the artists
>>
>>70613129
But dat based BWWWWWWWWWWVVVVVVVVVVVVMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>70613083
You misspelled god tier
>>
>>70613225
The acting was great and of course it was well directed but not much else
>>
File: 1431941518701.jpg (143 KB, 640x411) Image search: [Google]
1431941518701.jpg
143 KB, 640x411
>>70611787
Avatar of Holywood's Jewish Mafia.
>>
>>70613256

what are 3 movies that you would call great then?
>>
>guys long angles lmao

him in a nutshell
>>
>>70613297
Jaws
Raiders
Jurassic Park
>>
Spielberg is great. Disliked War Of The Worlds, but still.
>>
>>70613297
not him, but Lincoln simply doesn't find that much drama in the events. the book its based on, Team Of Rivals, is actually much more compelling.

I thought Lincoln's character and performance both actually wound up getting upstaged by based Tommy Lee Jones.
>>
>>70611787
I've got mixed feelings about him.
On one hand, he's made some masterpieces that defined my childhood, but on the other.. his more recent stuff is so fucking awful and shlocky
>>
Good Director but not one of the greatest of all time. His films can be very over melodramatic and even a film like Munich has some of those moments.

Very good with keeping emphasis with 'the oner' shot

Can either have technology advances support his story/movie or have too much of it to hinder it.
>>
Fact: he hasn't made a decent film since Schindler's List
>>
>>70613554
>hating Minority Report
>>
Fact: He ruined kubricks A.I
>>
>>70613554

you're silly
>>
Jaws is good, rest is shit
>>
>>70613600
Kubrick wrote it with the intention that Spielberg would direct. Spielberg didn't even want to make it
>>
>>70613576
i liked the part how the precogs could only foresee murders but then later they could foresee anything and it turned out only the girl was important even though there were three and Tom Cruise didn't even commit the murder that she personally foresaw undercutting her abilities which the movie's whole story had been demonstrating.

it really made you think.
>>
>>70611787
always thought his movies were boring and dull.
>>
>>70613651
That was the point
>>
>>70613619
>tomatometer drone
>>
File: nedry.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nedry.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>70611787
I just can't hate the man. He's one of the most consistent, and genuine film personalities alive.

GOAT:
Jaws, Close Encounters, Raiders, E.T., Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, A.I., Lincoln

Great:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Minority Report, Adventures of Tintin, Bridge of Spies

Good:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, War of the Worlds

Decent:
1941, Hook

Weak:
The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Haven't seen others.
>>
>>70611787
Allegedly he's a child diddler, and there's rumours that the children who stared in his films ended up being abused, hence many of their erratic behaviors.
>>
File: Uranus Gas Ball.jpg (136 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Uranus Gas Ball.jpg
136 KB, 720x720
>>70613779

do you have a source for these brilliant nuggets besides here?
>>
>pro E.T. shitters
I get it, you were born in 2000 but think the 80s is totally rad xD

It's just an annoying thing that looks like a stinky shit man that turns white and starts dying.
>>
>>70613833
>likes E.T
>must be a millennial
>not the other way around
>>
>>70613877
Don't use words you don't understand.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.