[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Spotless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: sl.jpg (166 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
sl.jpg
166 KB, 630x1200
>Spotless
>>
>>70578909

Perfect film. An homage to the now extinct art of investigative journalism.

>you will never get paid to follow leads for a living
>>
>>70580727
literally zero tension or stakes in the movie

>if you release this article representatives from the church won't be as nice to you at fancy parties

boring
>>
>>70580788

Not enough quips and explosions amirite?
>>
Going to be remembered even less than The Artist.
>>
File: 685534590788713614.jpg (32 KB, 636x474) Image search: [Google]
685534590788713614.jpg
32 KB, 636x474
>Hollywood throwing awards at a film about institutional abuse of children

Oh the irony
>>
>>70580832
as I said, not enough stakes to releasing the article

a film about a guy walking to the store to buy a soda isn't interesting because there are zero stakes. Maybe he'll get hit by a car, he doesn't. Maybe someone will hold up the store, they don't.

Ditto for Spotlight. Zero repercussions whatsoever for releasing the article. Boring.
>>
>>70580980
>that pic
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>70581029

I feel like you missed the entire point of the film.

Its based on real events. Did you miss the part where the catholic church is still very much in power?
>>
>>70581074
Explain to me what the stakes were. I very clearly missed them.

To me, the stakes were "if you publish this article the church will be mad at your newspaper". Absolute shit to be the driving force of the film.

But please, enlighten me oh intelligent one.
>>
>>70580980
>me on the left
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.