[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't understand. They just killed the original Xmen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: xmen apocalipse.jpg (181 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
xmen apocalipse.jpg
181 KB, 1280x720
I didn't understand.
They just killed the original Xmen trilogy?
Watched it just yesterday.
>>
Alternate timeline. Like Star Trek. Pay attention, you fucking clown.
>>
>>70576154
Did you just skip Days of Future Past?
>>
>>70576194
Not alternate. It's a new timeline.
>>
>>70576154
20 years after first class everyone still looks looks the same age.
>>
>>70576194
So First Class, Days of a Future Past and Apocalypse is a alternate timeline?
Is Xmen 1 and 2 with this timeline?
>>
>>70576154
>They just killed the original Xmen trilogy?
X3 did that already
>>
>>70576154
Pretty much, yeah.

Word is though that they're planning to remake the same storyline but closer to the source material.

As much as I hate time travel, it's actually a clever way to do this rather than just do a cold reboot.
>>
>>70576373
X1, X2, X3, most of X-Men Origins, and The Wolverine, were erased after Days Of Future Past.
>>
>>70576154
>Olivia Munn is being marketed as a main character
>more prominently displayed than cyclops, rogue, and nightcrawler on the poster
JUST
>>
>>70576477
>rogue

Nigga what? That's Jean Grey, not Rogue.
>>
>>70576477
She was so fucking awful and out of place, literally any random slut would've been a better choice.
>>
>>70576433
Thank you.
>>70576409
I think not. So they're going to tell the story that we saw back years ago?
>>
>>70576507
they change actresses so many times it hard to keep track, that girl is awfully young to be Jean and Rogue is the teenager.

Hence my mistake, because obviously I'm not paying to see this shitty movie.
>>
>>70576154

It sort of wrote itself into a corner. Had to be done.
>>
Xmen Apoc
>wasted Archangel
>Psylocke does fuck all
>Storm gets one scene of character devt
>Ham-fisted Weapon X/Stryker sequence that comes out of nowhere and ultimately accomplishes nothing
>Only 1 x-man dies in battle
>Lazy ending where Phoenix is pulled out with no repercussions
>No Jean Grey devt while I'm on that

I enjoyed large parts of the movie. I thought Oscar Isaac looked and sounded like Apocalypse. My favorite part was the elimination of all the nukes. Fassbender banged it out of the park again. Lawrence was kept to a minimum, always good. I didn't even mind the jarring tonal shift when Quicksilver showed up to save everyone goofily. My biggest gripe really is they didn't spend a lot of time on character development because it was so loaded with exposition.
>>
>>70576539
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Apocalypse#Sequel
>>
>>70576477

>Olivia Munn

If you would have said this talentless cunt would be in a Blockbuster movie I would have never believed it.
>>
>>70576154
should've made a trilogy of apocalypse. Would still be shit, but less shittier
>>
>>70576671
Blowjobs can get you everywhere
>>
>>70576606

Which person died? Jesus this movie was forgettable.
>>
File: slowpoke_pokemon.gif (15 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke_pokemon.gif
15 KB, 275x300
>>70576154
>>
>>70576708
Cyclops's brother.
>>70576718
Ah I just don't remember things.
>>
>>70576688
blowjobs alone weren't enough with her shitty personality and lack of talent. She had to step in as Aaron Rodger's pretend girlfriend to really get her name big enough to make a blockbuster.
>>
>>70576606
I don't think havoc or angel is dead. sinister can introduce archangel. they can leave havk 'dead' but they can lazy-splain it and say he was knocked unconscious from absorbing too much energy.
>>
Was Apocalypse evil before he touched the TV?
>>
>>70576895
either way he would have found out about everything that happened.
>>
>>70576606
>My favorite part was the elimination of all the nukes.
literally made no single ounce of fucking sense

also magneto basically commited murder on a mass scale and they let him get off scot free at the end (while earlier they gave him lots of shit in this movie about the events taking place in DOFP)
>>
>>70576895
I think yes, because he killed the guy who was going to kill Storm.
Also, was Apocalypse evil anyway? What world he was pretending to doing?
>>
>>70576938
>made no single ounce of fucking sense

How so? Apocalypse was chilling and giving Angel one of those awkward Sean Archer face touches, Charles taps into Magneto, Apoc picks up on the frequency and runs haxxxorz.exe on a mafugga, then makes humanity get rid of its "tools" and "systems" to make them vulnerable.

Granted, they could've shown that humanity was weaker now and couldn't stop Apoc but humanity didn't do shit the rest of the movie, it was all on the shoulders of the Xmen. Still, it made sense as far as Apoc whining about "the weak" and the systems of power they've built, and he would likely want to strip them of their power.
>>
>>70576938
how did the nukes not make sense? was it really that hard to follow?

you're going to have to elaborate on Erik but if them letting him go baffles you. you should probably just not watch these movies anymore.
>>
>>70576990
I suppose a new world for mutants-only, mutants who supported him. I guess he considered humans and subversive mutants weak.

Honesly the only person who had a logic explanaiton of doing this was Magneto.
>>
>>70576938
It makes sense.
The world is in Cold War.
>>
>>70577042
he leveled a fucking city

was that really that hard to follow?
>>
>>70577073
But when he existed there was "normal" humans.
>>
>>70577122
Yeah but they were kinda his "slaves". When he went to sleep he lost control of his humans and in 1983 he became really disappointed at how he finds them.
>>
>>70577090
Xavier turns him I he dies. Xavier keeps him prisoner himself he escapes ppl die. Wherever he goes trouble usually follows. Is it really that hard to follow?
>>
>>70577194
Oh yeah, I didn't notice this.
>>
>>70577252
you write like you're having an aneurysm
>>
>>70576938
>literally made no single ounce of fucking sense

Apocalypse showed the world what real "superpower" was and simultaneously removed the only real threat to him that humanity possessed (though it wasn't shown, I'd imagine he also somehow eliminated or incapacitated the non-ballistic missile nuclear arsenal).
>>
god that burn was so good. I nominate this guy for 4chins president.
>>
>>70576373
No, First Class is in this timeline because is before the events of DotFP, everything after wolverine coming back in time is erased, that means the origins of Logan (Wolverine Origins), the events of X-1, X-2. X-3 and finally The Wolverine. The canon timeline is now First Class, DotFP and X-Men: A.
>>
File: olivia_munn_snapchat_bj.jpg (42 KB, 360x639) Image search: [Google]
olivia_munn_snapchat_bj.jpg
42 KB, 360x639
>>70576671
>>
>>70578368
>Deadpool is now technically more canon than any of the 5 X-Men movies starring Wolverine
>>
>>70578368

>Not understanding the canon
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.