[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twilight Zone/The Outer Limits thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1463591825455.gif (433 KB, 200x139) Image search: [Google]
1463591825455.gif
433 KB, 200x139
Twilight Zone/The Outer Limits thread
>>
DAE think The Outer Limits was superior to TTZ?
>>
Alfred Hitchcock Presents was better than both.
>>
>>70576224
AHAHAHAHAH
LMAO
>>
>>70576042
To Serve Man is still my favorite episode to this day. Total mind fuck.
>>
>>70576658
Most twists from TZ were predictable and took too long to deliver
>>
>>70576889
Bull fucking shit. None of them were predictable and the delivery was on point. S1 and 2 are amazing.

Don't try to bullshit like you could tell any ending was coming. I bet you haven't even seen most of it.
>>
I recently watched the first sixteen episodes of the Outer Limits. I am very familiar with The Twilight Zone. I was a little surprised that these Outer Limits episodes are like 45 or 47 minutes each, as I had previously understood that series to have played in an half-hour time block, ala Twilight Zone.

I found these Outer Limits episodes to be much more primitive in their production, at times even farcical in their production, than Twilight Zone. The special effects were very very crude. A couple or more of the episodes (The Man who was Never Born, The Mice) involved an actor running around in a dorky monster outfit. As well I found the dialogue of these episodes usually, or at least often, to be somewhat amateurish and dumb.

I'll acknowledge that the plots of these Outer Limits episodes were generally imaginative and okay. It was merely nearly everything else about them that I found very often wanting. But yeah, the plots tended towards the ambitious. The Architects of Fear, The Human Factor, The Hundred Days of the Dragon, and others were ambitious and interesting plots. It's the implementation that I consistently found wanting.

I'm curious how others perceive the comparison between Outer Limits and Twilight Zone, and somewhat interested to hear opinions as to whether subsequent episodes of Outer Limits had improved quality.
>>
>>70577045
I never liked Outer Limits, really. It was the monster of the week show Rod Serling dismissed it as. They're lumped together despite being in different leagues both in concept and quality.
>>
>>70576042
>not including Amazing Stories
>>
>>70576753
The camera that takes pictures of the future one was my favorite. Especially that last few moments.
>>
File: 1378332136712.gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
1378332136712.gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>70576753
>not "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street"
>not "The Howling Man"
>not "The Shelter"
>>
I remember liking the 90's outer limits as it aired, but don't remember much about it. worth revisiting over TZ/black mirror/Hitchcock presents? what should I dive into?
>>
>>70576965
Most of the "it's not/it is Earth!" twists were very predictable after the first. If the episode involved space there was a good chance it was one or the other.
>>
File: outerlimits_borderland_frasier.jpg (93 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
outerlimits_borderland_frasier.jpg
93 KB, 500x373
The Borderland is a really good episode. I really like the way that all the scenes in the power plant were lit.
>>
File: twilightzone.jpg (15 KB, 434x375) Image search: [Google]
twilightzone.jpg
15 KB, 434x375
>>70576042
>Twilight Zone

Roger Sterling was a genius.
>>
>>70576965
Many TZ endings are relatively predictable today though, but it's mainly because those endings are so iconic that they're been parodied throughout media for the last fifty years, so it's likely you've seen some of those endings in other movies/shows in different renditions of those stories even if you haven't seen the TZ episodes they came from.
>>
>>70580271
>worth revisiting over TZ
no
>>
>>70578762
The Howling Man was fuckin' GOAT. Also Walking Distance, And When the Sky was Opened, The Hitch Hiker, and The Midnight Sun.
>>
>>70581989
is the newer twilight zone worth it?
>>
>>70582258
not really
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.