[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so yeah, the first half hour is fucking genius and iconic, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 183x275
so yeah, the first half hour is fucking genius and iconic, but I feel like everyone forgets that here is another 90 minutes of generic boringness after that
>>
>>70563793
Thread theme
Also fix your taste op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
>>
>>70563793
Emasculation by a young Vietnamese girl.
>>
>>70563825
I'm not saying that the movie after the bathroom shooting is bad, but after platoon and apocalypse now Kubrick didn't say anything new on the topic of the Vietnam war itself

The very last scene where they are chanting is also good, but all-in-all its not much

Btw the first half an hour is really fucking good, I'm not saying this a bad movie
>>
>>70563937
This movie had nothing in common with the war is hell theme of Platoon.
>>
>>70563793
>but I feel like everyone forgets that here is another 90 minutes of generic boringness after that

war is boring, I was in one, you sit in your position and nothing happens, the best thing you can hope for is that nothing happens, because the moment it does get interesting someone usually dies.

it will only be an adventure if you survive, else it is a tragedy.
>>
>>70563986
Then explain to me what it was about. Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't get anything from the Vietnam-war part
>>
get some!
>>
>>70564124
It was about how the military and war emasculates and destroys young and hopefull men who's out looking for honour and greatness.
>>
>>70563793
I agree that it falls off a lot, but the last scenes with the little sniper girl are solid.
>>
>>70563793
I hear they're remaking this with an all-japanese cast the way it was meant to be.
>>
>>70563793
The second half is so oddly directed. I understand that the point was to differentiate it from the first half, to accentuate this idea of the duality of man. But the action was so anemic in its pacing, and I honestly thought the sniper was overwrought to the point it was emotionless for me.
>>
>>70564841
I kinda feel like he wanted to do something completely different is the second half. It feels almost unfinished.

The sniper girl scene while pretty good, didn't really feel like a climax.
>>
Why didn't they use the smoke grenades to rescue the black guy?
>>
>>70565295
The last act with the sniper was meant to highlight the difference between what the Americans and the NVA were fighting for.

Originally Animal Mother was also supposed to decapitate the sniper and throw her head out the window to show Joker that there was nothing hard about killing her.

That's why you can see a machete on Animal Mother's back for the whole movie.

But I do agree, the ending is really drawn out and the pacing feels like you're in the middle of the movie, not the end.
>>
itt: things plebs say
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.