[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was this characters endgame?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 236x314
What was this characters endgame?
>>
>>70553363

to become the female he was born to be
>>
>>70553363
hole up in Niffleheim with his mommy's corpse or something
>>
>>70553363
hes just the ultimate attention whore.

Hes not even evil, just a tantrum kid
>>
>>70553363
To become edgy
>>
Blow everything up and be a god for a new universe right?
>>
>>70553363
In the game he wanted to cause a meteor to crash into the planet, and suck up the Lifestream that emerged to fix the damage, becoming a God.

In the movie, he wanted to turn the Lifestream into black goo he could use to manipulate the planet itself and use as a vessel to find a new world.

Both times he did so by being an enormous faggot.
>>
>>70553453
Wasn't that Jenova's endgame?
>>
>>70553505
Jenova was just The Thing, basically.

Alien monster from outer space that could shapeshift. It crashes onto planets, consumes everything there, then moves on. In FF7's distant history, it wipes out the Cetra/Ancient, then is rediscovered by scientists who mistake it for an Ancient. Its cells are compelled to re-connect and draw back to each other, even if they're implanted in other hosts or organisms.

Sephiroth on a subconscious level was probably just compelled by Jenova's base instincts the whole time, to consume, destroy and move on to a new world, seeing as he was cloned from Jenova cells. His own ego gave added the delusions of Godhood on top.

The Sephiroth you see throughout the game until you meet him embedded in amber on Disc 2 is Jenova, too, shapeshifting.
>>
File: Contra VA.jpg (64 KB, 550x380) Image search: [Google]
Contra VA.jpg
64 KB, 550x380
>>70553594
>The Sephiroth you see throughout the game until you meet him embedded in amber on Disc 2 is Jenova, too, shapeshifting.
Oh hell. I've played through this game half a dozen times & I legit didn't catch that.

Also,
>inb4 >>>/v/
Fuck that place & it's Nintendo Wii/Waifu bullshit
>>
>>70553594

Rinoa is Ultimecia.
>>
>>70553363

Game: Absorb Lifestream, Become God

Movie: Transform Lifestream, Become Jenova 2
>>
File: Zelda Fail.png (22 KB, 512x464) Image search: [Google]
Zelda Fail.png
22 KB, 512x464
>>70554974
>acting like FF8 exists
kek
>>
File: Cloud ACC.png (888 KB, 1290x676) Image search: [Google]
Cloud ACC.png
888 KB, 1290x676
>>70555052
Game: Skilled swordsmen with powerful skills
Movie: Anime superheroes that fly, dual-wield & cut buildings in half
>>
>>70555057
What is this fucking faggotry? 8, 9, and 12 are the most underappreciated games in the franchise, chum. I bet the Jap FFII is your favorite.
>>
>>70555185
>assumptions
I loved IX, and XII > X, XIII, XIII redux, XIII Attack of the Clones
I didn't like VIII at all

Also, since when was IX underappreciated? It was a return to the old school roots & looked/played like perfection...

>>I bet the Jap FFII is your favorite.
VI will always be my favorite
>>
>>70553594
>Sephiroth on a subconscious level was probably just compelled by Jenova's base instincts the whole time
This is wrong, Sephiroth is in control of his thoughts and will the entire time. It's Jenova's that gets subdued.
Source: Little things in the game itself + Word of God
>>
>>70555345
Seph had his own ambitions & distorted viewpoints of the world but there was a memetic influence in anyone with Jenova's cells. (Sephiroth being a direct clone vs SOLDIERs having injections explains why Seph went God complex with it).

Plus Sephiroth came cross as an arrogant motherfucker anyway so that too
>>
>>70555419
Sephiroth wasn't a clone of anything, he had a human mother and a human father. He developed that God complex because of his inhuman strength coupled with his mental breakdown and learning of the Planet's knowledge in the Lifestream.
As for Jenova, all of her cells were eventually supposed to come back to the whole. But instead of going to Midgar where her body was, Sephiroth called them all to the Northern Crater for his own purposes. Jenova's original purpose was just to fuck things up; Sephiroth's are more lofty and ambitious. He ends up using her in the end. It adds nothing to the story thinking that she's in control and it doesn't really make that much sense,
>>
>>70555658
Got it. Appreciated.

It's been a grip since I've played through it so I'm thinking I may need to do that
>>
Like 95% of the people who play Final Fantasy games have no idea what is going on with the story. They just think the characters look hot.
>>
Aeris > Tifa
>>
>>70554900
Because its false
>>
Original game was fucking awesome. Tonally all over the place until the insanity of it became its greatest appeal.

>meet Aeris and hear her tragic story
>fight a house monster
>go to Zack's village and learn a bit about Aeris' backstory
>fight a triceratops on a tractor
>Aeris dies
>do a snowboarding minigame
>>
>>70555345
>>70557057
But what he said was true though, besides the clone thing about Sephiroth, they only changed it in ultimania and later games to the FF7 universe because of braindead fans and yaoi fangirls who couldn't follow the plot in the original game
>>
>>70554900
He was partly correct. It was Sephiroth remotely controlling Jenova's corpse. It activates in the Midgar building when Cloud looks into Jenova's containment.
>>
File: 1462798498857.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1462798498857.gif
2 MB, 330x270
>>70557229
>It was Sephiroth remotely controlling Jenova's corpse
I can't say you're wrong because of Squenix's retcon, but you aint right either
>>
>>70557229
>Sephiroth remotely controlling Jenova's corpse
This is so stupid, only a fanboy who misinterpreted the dialogue in the game could've thought of it.

There is no indication, whatsoever, that Sephiroth was anything more than a superstrong warrior
>>
>>70557258
Speculation.

I've talked to it was Jenova all along fags many times but they work on guessing alone. The game is poorly translated in general so it is futile.
>>
>>70553363

He literally spoonfeeds you his endgame you low intensity pleb. Shit OP is shit.

´The last thoughts of the Geostigma's dead. Those remnants will join the Lifestream and girdle the planet. Choking it... corroding it. What I want, Cloud, is to sail the darkness of the cosmos with this planet as my vessel, just as my mother did long ago. Then one day we'll find a new planet. And on its soil, we'll create a shining future.´
>>
>>70557311
He influences Cloud to give him the black materia and gets him to beat the shit out of Aerith. He's capable of controlling things that have his cells.
>>
>>70553363
He was Jenova's puppet. Jenova just called and he came running until they fused and became the final boss. He didn't have an endgame.
>>
File: v5-cover.jpg (108 KB, 1000x360) Image search: [Google]
v5-cover.jpg
108 KB, 1000x360
>>70557367
So, basically he's a cyberman.
>>
>>70555835

The probably applies to VII more than any other game in the series. It's complicated as all fuck.
>>
>>70557331
Only that Jenova isn't a sentient being, Hojo predicted the Reunion would happen soon, and to further advance the plot, it did right when Cloud and his gang got imprisoned. Everyone who had jenova cells in them were compelled to move to the northern crater because of Reunion, Cloud didn't know why, but the people who got the Tattoo's seemed to know the purpose of them going to the Northern Crater, so that Jenova could merge like Buu or whatever comparison you can draw. Since Sephiroth was dead and couldn't move and had plenty of Jenova in him the ideal spot would be in Northern crater. Hojo knew that Sephiroth was in the Northern Crater, either by actually having him moved there or just by sheer luck that he washed up there somehow from flowing in the Lifestream, much like Cloud after he fell into the Lifestream he got transported elsewhere together with Tifa.

>>70557444
See ^Reunion, Jenova used Sephiroth's body to fuel Meteor. Sephiroth doesn't have the mind controll powers, Jenova does because of her cells in Cloud's body. This is further explained in how """""Sephiroth"""" can only control Cloud.
>>
>>70557552
She very much was a sentient being back in the day. If you watch Aerith's moms tapes she talks about how Jenova would disguise herself and infiltrate villages and make people sick.

The whole goal was to get Cloud to the Northern Crater and deliver the Black Materia which is why Seph removes obstacles such as Tseng and the President.

It's speculative whether it was Jenova or not but to me it can't be because it would devalue Seph as a villain and it doesn't make sense that you would fight the main antagonist as a warm up before fighting her son as the finale.
>>
>>70557810
Sephiroth is meant to be a Red herring though, that Jenova fooled your party and more or less everyone except Hojo that Sephiroth was the villain, much like you said with the disguise and infiltrating villages and more or less wiping out the Cetra.

The only "real" Sephiroth fight you have is in Clouds memory/head, right before the final FMV, and that's just a token fight more or less to fight this imaginary enemy he was hellbent on beating all through the game, kinda in a way how Cloud removes the last parts of Jenova in him somehow.
>>
>>70557951
>Cloud removes the last parts of Jenova in him somehow.
Forgot to mention that this was very vital because Jenova would probably have found a way to regenerate if Cloud didn't remove the Jenova Cells in his body.
>>
>>70557951
Again that makes zero sense as you fight Safer Sephiroth just before. The mind fight was Cloud conquering his demons and releasing Seph's control over him.

Square themselves say it was Sephiroth. Call it a retcon or clarification but it makes sense to the narrative of the game.
>>
>>70558054
Is it supposed to make much sense though? Look at Kefka's final forms, they're all ridiculous and more or less serve to be something epic to fight against. Is it really that out of the world that Jenova wanted to rebuild her body using Sephiroths as a base?
>>
>>70555111
This bothers me far more than if most other RPGs suddenly employed DBZ choreography out of nowhere. One of the most pivotal scenes in the game was all about how some scrub with shit-tier skills and no training was able to take down the greatest soldier who ever lived just through the sheer willpower to use Sephiroth's leverage against him after being impaled. Not to mention that Zack went from being shot in the back by three guys just as he thought he wasn't being followed, to making some ridiculous last stand against forty billion dudes. Everything just starts falling apart.
>>
>>70557977
The whole point of the fight against Shirtless Sephiroth was to show that, despite being the only carrier of Jenova cells left in the world, and thus a potential anchor point for Sephiroth's influence, his mental fortitude has reached a point where it's not possible for him to ever fall under Sephiroth's control again.
>>
>>70553594
Oh wow i never considered this. WHen you thinkg about, when Seph goes through his various metamorphisms through-out the game during the boss-fights, he does look very 'The Thing-esk'.
>>
>>70558106
Right but it would be like me telling you that isn't really Kefka and that he's being controlled despite the fact he's the final boss and is labeled as such.
>>
>>70558257
Well, the difference is that Kefka uses a macguffin to attain "godhood" Jenova is a totally different thing
>>
>>70558337
It's not, and the creators of the game would tell you just that.
>>
>>70558371
Well either way, I know I will always be wrong because the creators and current SE says so, but I will adamantly defend that the game and story's intentions were so when the game first released.
>>
>>70555057
Unironcally enjoying ff8 currently desu

>breakneck pace
>interesting setting & plot
>game breaking card game
>hilarious character stuff

What's not to like?
>>
File: 1443671396622.jpg (188 KB, 480x506) Image search: [Google]
1443671396622.jpg
188 KB, 480x506
Would you?
>>
>>70553363
He wanted to turn the planet into a giant spaceship for some reason. Who the fuck even knows anymore, I doubt even Square does.

>>70555185
8 was legitimately bad, 9 and 12 were okay though.
>>
>>70559123
>breakneck pace

No Final Fantasy has this, certainly not 8.
>>
>>70559190
Tifa is "Literally No Character and Only Exists for Fanservice: The Character"

Fuck, she's bland.
>>
>>70559123
>literally none of the characters besides Squall matter
>Rinoa is an unlikable cunt
>horribly forced romance
>childhood orphanage asspull
>junction system
>bland villain with no real motive

The problem with 8 is that it's wasted potential. It could've been so much more than what it was if the writing was better.
>>
>>70560864
Final Fantasy seems to have a lot of those for some reason.
>>
>>70558230

Does this mean every time to fight an opponent that's literally how they look, even with monsters on motorbikes
>>
>>70560864
She was good in the game.
At least until Cloud gets back from his coma.
>>
>>70555837
eryyday
>>
>>70561255
Her entire character revolves around Cloud, there is nothing else to her at all. Replay FF7 m8, she's an empty vessel.
>>
>>70561323

This never knew why anybody would pick tifa over aeris, aeris was a top qt
>>
>>70561432
This. Tifa's design is boneriffic, but Aeris had personality and more to her than just "muh Cloud". It's unfortunate they ruined her character in all the subsequent side material, though.
>>
>>70555185
8 and 12 a shit

9 a best
>>
>>70555835
wait, final fantasy has a story?
>>
>>70561995
Save the world
>>
>>70558127
Doesn't he impale him with a sword while his back is turned?

>some scrub with shit-tier skills and no training

Not true. Cloud was a military man and trained as such. In BC it's even made clear that he's good in combat. He had the skills, he just didn't make it into SOLDIER for biological reasons.
>>
>>70553467
>Both times he did so by being an enormous faggot.

made me kek
>>
File: Rufus_enemyFFVII.png (58 KB, 178x399) Image search: [Google]
Rufus_enemyFFVII.png
58 KB, 178x399
Make Gaia Great Again
>>
>>70562232
Never noticed before, but Rufus is kind of /fa/
>>
>>70561995
Yeah you know those long non-interactive stretches where you're either slogging through text boxes or listening to horrible voice acting?
>>
>>70555658
I wouldn't say she's in control, but it adds reason to Sephiroth's actions, especially in the movie. He's actually infecting the lifestream and turning the planet into a vessel to help him move onto a new host planet, which is more or less Jenova's goal as well.

But yeah, Sephiroth had a tonne of his own issues as well that made him the shitlord.
>>
WHO KILLED THE WORLD?
>>
>>70557977
Pretty sure they didn't get removed until Advent Children. The Geostigma was Jenova's cells infecting the lifestream. Once Aerith cured him and all the asshole kids, and evaporated Sephiroth and the Kadaj gang, only then was Jenova defeated.
>>
>>70561633

Shit taste. Aeris was a special snowflake Jesus figure Mary Sue.

She's the Daenerys of video games.
>>
>>70553363
Looking like a big homo
>>
>>70560864
Tifa is "Ultimate Hentai Material That Sustained Me Through My Childhood"
>>
>>70566261
That's sexist
Here is a video that will explain you how you're manipulated to think videogames girls are sex object to consume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jko06dA_x88
>>
>>70553363
Attila
>>
>>70560553
>he never got past dollet
>>
>>70561432
Because massive melons, obviously.
>>
File: b949d9127c54bca9c30c66e40e0af7af.jpg (540 KB, 1831x1018) Image search: [Google]
b949d9127c54bca9c30c66e40e0af7af.jpg
540 KB, 1831x1018
>>70553430
Only good retcon from FFVII extended universe is that someone else was a bigger attention whore than Seph
>>
>>70562232
>my favorite character in FFVII
>not only survives certain death but comes back and has one of the best scenes in AC

"A good son would have known."

Also AC Complete is underrated and serves as a pretty damn good sequel to the game. Not perfect by any means but miles better than the theatrical cut.
>>
>>70553363
Achieve maximum gay
>>
>>70557311
Depends, did you play the shitty localization or a proper one?

Frankly from the game it seems jenova is in control of Sephiroth for a good part of the game and then Seph takes controls.

You have to remember that Seph is trapped in the northern crater all the game.

Also, every human dies at the end of the game. The lifestream at the end fmv wasnt made only from the dead people but actually from the living ones as well. Literally every human dies. The writer said this was the intention. RedXIII epilogue was added to give the game a happy ending after the human race perished. Of course it was retconned for future sequels.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.