[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can anyone explain to me what the fuck is happening in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 6776876.jpg (63 KB, 348x500) Image search: [Google]
6776876.jpg
63 KB, 348x500
So can anyone explain to me what the fuck is happening in the second half of the film?

Honest question though, Do you think films should make you think this hard? Or are films better when they are simple to explain? Or is there a happy marriage between confusing and clarity and if so is there any movie that succeeds at this?
>>
some normie wanted to time travel too and fucked everything up
>>
>>70550342
It's only confusing if you're dumb as fuck, senpai.

Go ahead and tip your fedora at me. I know you want to.
>>
>>70550342

I think it's fine for films to make you think hard, but the problem with the second half of the movie is the directing. It just isn't explained enough. There's a difference in not dumbing down the techno-babble that the main characters use to talk most of their dialogue and just not properly explaining what the fuck is going on and saying "lol didn't dumb it down."

Honestly look it up and get a thorough explanation, because the problems came in the directing not the writing.
>>
If you time travel, your alternative self fucking your wife is actually cucking you.
>>
File: 1459628985454.jpg (70 KB, 649x488) Image search: [Google]
1459628985454.jpg
70 KB, 649x488
>that poster
wtf
>>
>>70550962
I think the director is trying to replicate the dizzying confusion one would feel if you were connected in a rabbit hole of time travel. And I think he did a really good job at it.
>>
File: aids.jpg (791 KB, 3456x1944) Image search: [Google]
aids.jpg
791 KB, 3456x1944
It wasn't that difficult to figure out there was an extra time machine
>>
>>70551371
who the hell said that was the difficult part?

also, not even that was painfully obvious right away tbqh
>>
Yes, I want more esoteric films for people who don't study the arts. There are too many films catering either to general audiences or just people who study film/theater/literature. The filmic love needs to be shared around, where's my highway engineering movie?
>>
That's an ugly fucking poster.

Anyway, this might help https://qntm.org/primer
>>
>>70550342
Basically the kind of film that Nolan thinks he can make.
>>
File: 1464932985336.jpg (40 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1464932985336.jpg
40 KB, 657x527
>>70551371
this just made it more confusing
>>
>>70551751
>qntm.org/

That guy's superhero story was fucking amazing.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.