[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the dialogue in this movie so goddamn slow paced? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: eyes-wide-shut-53bbf22327737.jpg (312 KB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
eyes-wide-shut-53bbf22327737.jpg
312 KB, 1000x1426
Why is the dialogue in this movie so goddamn slow paced? I don't get it, is it supposed to be like the whole movie is a dream or some kind of shit? Fuck you Kubrick
>>
>is it supposed to be a dream?
Yes
You just solved it
>>
>>70548928
So were they going to rape Tom Cruise after he got naked?
>>
>>70549069
yes
>>
>>70548928
Fuck off ADHD ridden millennial
>>
what is the point of this movie? illuminati fear mongering?
>>
You could of just said "I am an enormous pleb" and it would have been shorter and more direct OP.
>>
>>70549425

I don't know, I'd like to know more about its purpose / meaning too. I enjoyed watching it and it's stuck in my head for the past couple of weeks now, but I don't really understand what the point was I guess.
>>
>>70549442

Not op, but "I am an enormous pleb," pls help now.
>>
That made me mad as well. Tom Cruise ruined this movie to me. It seemed like half his dialogue was repeting what has been said to him in a questioning manner with a stupid smile on his face. Like:
>It's a beautiful day.
>It's a... ...beautiful... day?...
>>
>>70549473
That's because it's just a fun flick with no purpose. You're supposed to enjoy it and that's it, like most of Kubrick's films.
>>
>>70549539
nah dude you're a pleb apparently because you don't understand shitty dialogue by one of the most overrated directors in history
>>
It's about Tom Cruise slowly building up his sexual energy until he is able to perceive past the "rainbow world", the upper class society Tom Cruise was living in, the outer world decorated with Christmas lights that served as a front for the inner world we glimpse in the ritual orgy he stumbles upon. All of the places he visits and key people in certain positions of every establishment he interacts with are a part of this secret society and now they know that he knows about them.

This is where we get the title Eyes Wide Shut, as he is forced by them to live a life of willful ignorance in spite of what he now knows.
>>
>>70549749

>building up his sexual energy

Is sexual energy really a thing that exists?
>>
>>70549749
They're also off camera during the entire course of the story, using his wife as one of the whore priestesses of their sex rituals, drugging her to a point where she represses the memory in her waking life but has nightmares about being a part of these horrific sex ceremonies. By the end of the movie, Tom Cruise realizes they've permeated through every single part of his life.
>>
>>70548928
>>70548928
almost impossible to watch this movie with other people because of the slow as fuck beginning, the whole party scene.
>>
So his wife was at the orgy yeah?
>>
>>70550011
Yup and the old Jewish men snatch his daughter at the end.
>>
>>70549903
Yeah, but it's very rare that one is privy to this kind of knowledge in modern society. This is a movie about metaphysical sex magic.
>>
>>70549505

It was slow because he really wanted you to focus on the relation of the characters the content of their speech and the charades that they pull on each other.
>>
>>70550011
Yes, it's implied that she got the MK Ultra/Clockwork Orange treatment where they mind break her with drugs and extreme sensations, forcing her to repress her natural ego to escape this and her personality assuming an alter ego that they use as the masked whore priestesses in their rituals before sending them back to their natural state of mind and back to their regular life in deep seated repression.

This is why Nicole Kidman was acting the way she was throughout the movie, because she was losing her sense of reality from being forced into her whore priestess alter ego. Tom Cruise in the end has to accept being an oblivious blanked eyed fool who pretends that he doesn't see what's right in front of him, his Eyes Wide Shut if you will.
>>
>>70549935
Now you're just seeing things that aren't there. Or there's some kind of Viewer's Manual out there that explains this shit.
>>
>>70550338
I mean, I could've done that with regularly paced dialogue but thanks for calling me a fucking idiot I guess, Kubrick.
>>
>>70550375
He finds the mask on their bed and all the extra info the anon dumped is related to how sex parties and those cults operate in real life, ask x about it some time
>>
File: Eyes_Wide_Shut.jpg (359 KB, 1000x1363) Image search: [Google]
Eyes_Wide_Shut.jpg
359 KB, 1000x1363
>>70550375
It's obvious in her mannerisms that she's experiencing a sense of detachment from reality, in the way she begins to feel as if her relationship with Tom Cruise is a facade, and especially the way she's always looking into mirrors, as if she's looking through the glass into the world she represses her memories of.
>>
There is a similarity between Cruise's mask and the model who saves him's mask.
>>
>>70548928
1. Make your movie boring and slow
2. Pseudointellectuals automatically assume it's smart
3. ???
4. Profit
>>
>>70550108
>>70550348
Was she the masked girl with the masked guy he was talking to right before the model comes back and drags him into the empty hallway to warn him?
>>
>>70550735
make movie with enough background and imagery to incite multiple watching
turboplebs cant handle not alt-tabbing or fingering their phone or no explosions
make faggot post
???
suicide
>>
What's Alan Cumming's problem anyways?
>>
>>70550806
>make a shit movie
>put in just enough pandering faggoty imagery to get dickriders to defend it for you
>???
>profit
>>
>>70550806
>watching a movie more than once
>>
It's about how married couples still seek new partners by nature. And the solution is to just chill out, talk to each other, and fuck.
>>
Kubrick was killed because of this movie, this is how the Yahweh Master Race parties.
>>
>>70550620
there are those who believe she represents project monarch
>>
>>70550894

So it's just a cuck propaganda film?
>>
>>70549903

Yes. Read up on some Evola or Crowley.

The entire movie is sex magick. That's why it was billed as a romantic comedy. That's why Kubrick mindfucked Tom Cruise irl.
>>
>>70550806
What imagery?
>>
>>70550929
No that's not what I said at all
>>
>>70550934

>That's why Kubrick mindfucked Tom Cruise irl.

Elaborate? Is Kubrick what made Tom Cruise become a scientologist?
>>
File: joedmtrogan.jpg (65 KB, 1479x890) Image search: [Google]
joedmtrogan.jpg
65 KB, 1479x890
>>70550878
>watching movies
>>
>>70550973
No, he already was a scientologist by then.
>>
>>70551006

so what did he do to him then?
>>
File: tumblr_lkomwkH4pl1qi4nyc.jpg (76 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lkomwkH4pl1qi4nyc.jpg
76 KB, 500x313
>>70550620
This sense of duality is important in the movie too, with Tom Cruise straddling the line between the rainbow world of the masses and the inner world of the initiated elite where they hold their ritual ceremonies. Every single shot that has Christmas lights in the scenery alludes to it's true nature as a front of this secret society.
>>
So why are some people calling these orgies ''horrific''? I mean, whats so secret and amazing about these group orgies that they had to force Tom to shut up about it?

What were they going to do to him once he got naked (besides kill him?)

And what happened to the girl that took his place (they killed her? but why not just kill Tom instead, he knew whatever he wasnt supposed to know)?
>>
>>70551053
It's called ambiguity.
>>
>>70551019
If I can recall correctly, he didn't allow Cruise to be around whilst Kidman filmed the "dream" scenes with the sailor and they were a couple at the time.
>>
>>70550973

That's what some people think. But basically his character has the fucked up secret society experience and his wife's dreams match the event exactly and his character is crushed by the thought of her fucking all these dudes. In real life, Kubrick didn't let Nicole Kidman (Cruise's wife at the time) see or talk to Cruise for several days of filming and wasn't allowed to tell him about anything that happened.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2014/07/eyes-wide-shut-tom-cruise-nicole-kidman

Decent article that talks about it a bit. He basically made Cruise method act paranoia over getting cucked. To do this to an A-List actor and his A-List wife is an incredibly powerful act if you think about it.
>>
>>70550878
>Not having friends to watch movies about sex
>>
>>70551159

Were they a real couple? Hasnt Tom always been a fudge packer?
>>
>>70551053
Because they involve pedophilia and ritual blood sacrifice. These people are all extremely influential members of society, many of who need to maintain a certain perception to the masses.

Kubrick, before he died and they edited the movie, had a completely different tone for the movie and an ending that implied Tom Cruise was invited to join the secret society, as a sort of self insert for Kubrick himself I imagine. The edited version changes this tone, adding the spooky piano music over it to make the tone ominous and foreboding, with the ending being changed to Tom Cruise resigning to be their fool and just keep himself in perpetual ignorance forever under threat.
>>
File: cuck.jpg (51 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
51 KB, 720x757
>For Eyes Wide Shut, given his stars’ extreme pliancy and eagerness to please, Kubrick went further, once insisting that Cruise do 95 takes of walking through a door.

Stanley Kubrick was the smug pepe of directors.
>>
>>70550767
I'm not sure if it's explicitly shown which one is Nicole Kidman.
>>
>>70549473
The point to any movie is to entertain/inspire/deliver a message or just tell a story which is what I think Eyes Wide Shut's purpose is.

I think that Eyes Wide Shut is meant to get stuck in your head for weeks on end which makes the audience know exactly how Bill felt when he couldn't get the image of the sailor with his wife out of his head.

Alice and Bill hurt each other in the same way but through different means. Alice hurts Bill through sharing her fantasy of being unfaithful to Bill and Bill hurts Alice by actually being unfaithful to Alice. What I think Kubrick is trying to get across here is that fantasy and reality effect emotions equally.

Eyes Wide Shut to me is about fantasy, reality and the difference between the two or the lack thereof
>>
>>70550914
These kinds of mind breaking techniques probably don't all have a single name like that, as it's likely something that these people develop individual styles and methods for in how they particularly want to shape the alter egos of the mind they're breaking. Any person in the wealthy elite who has an estate out of the public eye has access to everything you would need to attempt something like this.
>>
>>70551193
>That's what some people think. But basically his character has the fucked up secret society experience and his wife's dreams match the event exactly and his character is crushed by the thought of her fucking all these dudes. In real life, Kubrick didn't let Nicole Kidman (Cruise's wife at the time) see or talk to Cruise for several days of filming and wasn't allowed to tell him about anything that happened.
>http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2014/07/eyes-wide-shut-tom-cruise-nicole-kidman
>Decent article that talks about it a bit. He basically made Cruise method act paranoia over getting cucked. To do this to an A-List actor and his A-List wife is an incredibly powerful act if you think about it.
>Little did Kubrick know, Cruise is a flamer so he didn't give a shit about his wife. Can't bruise the Cruise!
>>
>>70551276

Ritual Blood sacrifice? To whom? Who do these Elites Kubrick depicts in his film worship and why?
>>
>>70551314
The one I mentioned, look closely at her body type and body language. If that's not Nicole Kidman under the mask then it's her stand-in/stunt double acting like her.
>>
>>70551276
>Kubrick, before he died and they edited the movie, had a completely different tone for the movie and an ending that implied Tom Cruise was invited to join the secret society, as a sort of self insert for Kubrick himself I imagine. The edited version changes this tone, adding the spooky piano music over it to make the tone ominous and foreboding, with the ending being changed to Tom Cruise resigning to be their fool and just keep himself in perpetual ignorance forever under threat.
sauce
>>
>>70548928
Kill yourself and your family.
>>
>>70551540
In the context of this movie, it's a Satanic secret society, and they would perform a blood ritual that is an inversion of the sacred rite of the Eucharist of the Catholic Church. There's a reason this ceremony is being held on Christmas.
>>
>>70549364

/thread
>>
>>70551777
I'm not asking to be spoon-fed, but there is literally no precedent in the movie to make us believe the cult is Satanic, needs blood rituals, or is involved in pedophilia. This is some bullllllllll shitttttttttttt.
>>
>>70551991
This is a big part of the edits made to the movie after Kubrick died that I mentioned here >>70551276

The only other thing changed besides the music and tone was one very short, roughly 20 second scene in which Tom Cruise walks by an empty room in the mansion that is set with a pentagram in the center of it, implied to be the ritual sacrifice room.
>>
File: eyes-wide-shut-ritual.jpg (822 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eyes-wide-shut-ritual.jpg
822 KB, 1920x1080
>>70552121
And I mean besides that, this entire ritual is clearly a Satanic inversion of Catholic rites and ceremonies. Listening to the backwards Latin chanting. All of this done on Christmas, with Catholic Christmas imagery throughout the whole thing. This is like a Roman Carnevale styled Winter Solstice ceremony.
>>
>>70552276
You do know that Christmas is a holiday which was assimilated into the fold of Christianity by the advertisers so as to make the religion more appealing in the early years and act as a bridging means of civilizations? It's a movie about rituals and the brief moments in life when the ontology happens to flash itself on a heightened plane and you become terribly aware of the animal algorithms you are coded into.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.