[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did Marv turn into a skeleton?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 936x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 936x532
So why did Marv turn into a skeleton?
>>
because it was funny
>>
File: 18973178253.jpg (153 KB, 936x532) Image search: [Google]
18973178253.jpg
153 KB, 936x532
Why did Marv turn into the Devil?
>>
>>70546413
Fuck u beat me to it
>>
Because the rest of the movie is Marv's version of limbo.
>>
Because there was no body to stop him.
>>
>>70546413
Because Kevin's basement was actually Hell
>>
File: 1431545701024.jpg (62 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1431545701024.jpg
62 KB, 395x401
>>70546549
HOLY SHIT LOL
>>
>>70546355

I don't blame you for repeatedly posting this same thread op because no one has given you a good answer yet. That said, I think I got it now:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3731463/

During the time frame between 1920 and 1940 X-Ray machines had a known risk of severe electrical accidents due to the high voltage required to make them work. This problem was eventually resolved with the development of the shockproof X-Ray machines in use today, but the association between X-Rays and electrocution had already made its way into the collective cartoon consciousness. The X-Ray effect fits in particularly well with the cartoon aesthetic as being an over the top and out of the ordinary phenomenon that also makes a sort of visual metaphor between the electrocution victim and a neon light or lightbulb, with his bones as the filament.
>>
>>70546355

Because Marv & Harry are actually toons.
>>
File: 1452069284683.png (77 KB, 166x162) Image search: [Google]
1452069284683.png
77 KB, 166x162
>>70546549
This is rthe funniest shit ive ever read on 4chan
>>
>>70546549
HOLY SHIT KEKKEKKEKKEK
>>
File: Toon_Judge_Doom.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Toon_Judge_Doom.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>70547034

Plausible, but why didn't they ever acknowledge the toon world during that movie series? I don't think we have enough evidence to consider it canon yet.
>>
Because the director wanted to create a film that wasn't just a shallow story about a kid... he wanted to layer it with deeper meanings for the adult audience that would inevitably watch the movie with their kids.

In this scene the shallow interpretation is that Marv gets electrocuted and seeing his skeleton is a gag. The deeper meaning is that in this scene we see deeply into Marv. We see the core of a man who terrorizes children. ...And what do we see when we look inside such a monstrous man? Nothing. No heart or soul. Just a bunch of bones.

...But then, deep down, aren't we all just a bunch of bones? The scene is so great because we can go even deeper in our interpretation when we realize that we, the audience, are all the same as Marv at our cores. He is not a monster - he is merely human. The same thing that lies within Marv lies within each of us and, should a twist of fate occur, we are all just as capable of doing as much evil as Marv does.

Scary to think about.
>>
>>70547084

Home Alone takes place in an off-shoot of Cool World. Cool World warns against human-toon interbreeding, Harry and Marv are the result of that.
>>
>>70546549
LOL WTF
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.