[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most of the major blockbusters of the year are flopping critically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 28
File: rottenfresh.png (1 MB, 741x2109) Image search: [Google]
rottenfresh.png
1 MB, 741x2109
I don't get this. Some of them are good/okay at best and deserve an score slightly higher than the one they have (Turtles deserve a 40-49).
Is this a new marketing strategy? Thoughts?
>>
>>70541206
bump
>>
Alice 2 got low critical reception and flopped hard compare to the others
>>
>>70541206
"Critics" are out of touch. They used to ironically hate a movie but then started to get delusions of grandeur with their Z-list """'"celeb""""" status. So they turn up their nose on mass entertainment.
>>
>>70543413
That was deserved tho.
>>
It doesn't matter because chinks and euros will eat that shit up.
>>
>>70541206
>Disney movies rated well on a DIsney shill website

Wow. Color me shocked.
>>
You forgot Disney's Alice 2
>>
>>70541206
Captain Cival does not deserve a 90 and X Men Apoc does not deserve a 48. X men shud be 60
>>
File: disneyrottentomatoes.jpg (148 KB, 1277x797) Image search: [Google]
disneyrottentomatoes.jpg
148 KB, 1277x797
>>70541206
>>
>>70543473
Metacritic shits in all the movies of OP tho.
>>
>>70543473
>RT owned by WB
>lol Disney shills

I'm starting to think all the "kino" posting has actually damaged the brains of the average /tv/ goer beyond repair.
>>
Is it his fault?
>>
>>70543463
>a mediocre sequel from mediocre adaptation that nobody wanted
They should've see it coming, the reason why the first movie is an unexpected success because 3D is a hot stuff back then

>>70543507
CW deserved it because it didn't rely on capeshit's usual story structure when heroes assemble to defeat big baddies in the end. It felt fresh desu
>>
people are tired of these cliché cgi crap, they want something new, well filmed, etc..
>>
>>70543591
What does he have to do with it?
>>
>>70541206
>my opinion is different from these
Wow okay did we really need another fucking thread for this? The catalog is clogged enough with cuckposting and pedophiles who want to fuck Chloe Moretz so we don't need threads of self-important assholes like you who are on suicide watch because you're favorite movies are rightful flops. I hope you wake up tomorrow paralyzed and suffocating, trying to move your body but fail as your face goes red from lack of oxygen. After that I want you to get up and fall down your stairs, all the way down and if you don't have stairs, I hope you fall out of bed and land on your back. Then for the rest of the day you will have a headache just to remind you how pathetic you are the the memory of your suffocation will linger in your thoughts for months as you ponder the fact that your festering body is a waste of particles on this planet just like your pathetic movies. Kill yourself
>>
Hollywood is dead, they only make movies for china now.
No one in america has money to waste on fast and the furious part ten revenge of the fallen.
Every movie is some sort of trash franchise set up to make some trash expanded universe, all of them are about super heroes.
There are no longer movies about human beings.
>>
>>70541206
I thought Angry birds did much better than people expected
>>
>>70543734
Maymay magic after receiving the oscar.
>>70543735
wut
>>
>>70541206
Because Hollywood, the Media, and the current generation are out of touch with most people. They are sheltered from reality and cant relate to real people. To much internet and not enough social interaction.
>>
>>70543587
>Disney doesn't pay off critics

>Civil Snore has 90+ ratings
>Batman v Superman, the greatest movie made in decades, is below 30

>Disney isn't paying off critics

Hmmmmmm
>>
the elders of zion predicted it!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steven-spielberg-predicts-implosion-film-567604

The age of the blockbuster is over!
>>
>>70543881
Alice in Wonderland is Disney too, DCuck.
>>
>>70543526
Isn't rotten tomatoes owned by Warner Bros?
>>
Most of them are shit movies trying to ape marvel's success.
>>
File: finebyme.jpg (18 KB, 165x191) Image search: [Google]
finebyme.jpg
18 KB, 165x191
>>70541206
this was an inevitability

The budgets keep jumping in size as does the money spent on advertising. Its unsustainable.

Killing the blockbuster might just be the quickest way to end the tide of capeshit too so its a win overall.
>>
>>70541206
Good. CW should've got panned too, disappointing that it didn't happen.
>>
Critics thinks its cool to talk about white privilege and shit in reviews. There's a disconnect between us.
>>
>>70541206
Jesus Christ that warcraft score

what a failure
>>
>>70541206

Because 12 year old fan boys of war craft don't know what a good movie is and just upvote it because their whole life is war craft.
>>
>>70544602
China loves it though so it's almost guaranteed to get a sequel
>>
>>70543881

>greatest movie in decades

how can i just you're under 20 just by that statement
>>
>>70541206
Disney is using their Tomorrowland Machine to brainwash all the plebs into only watching star wars and avengers movies.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 800x352
>>
>>70544618
Yep Obviously Captain America Civil War is nearly a perfect movie, even with b movie grade cgi hmm it almost seem's like critics were paid off...
>>
Angry Birds was terrific saw it twice. Enjoyed it farrrr better than zootopia.
>>
>>70544940
>Yep Obviously Captain America Civil War is nearly a perfect movie

Who said this?
>>
File: 10 cloverfield.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
10 cloverfield.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>70541206
It's kinda sad what this place has become.

People are so paranoid and unable to handle opposing opinions that they have to internally create conspiracies in order to bat away any criticism of a film they enjoy
>>
>>70541206
besides captain america being about 15% too high, and warcraft cuz i haven't seen it yet, these ratings are all spot on
>>
>>70541206

It's actually amazing that this whole DC/Marvel fanboy war just keeps on rolling. All of the movies in this list are admittedly terrible, with the except of Civil War that was well-rated because it was very well made. The usual combination of DC fanboys and that strange species that only seems to inhabit /tv/, /v/ and /mu/, who will shit on absolutely anything and everything because they like to think everything is shit compared to what their genius could create, if only you could get the billions of dollars to make your shitty film, god I hate people.

Anyway, all these films are awful OP, that's why they have low scores.

Also can any DCucks in this thread explain why the opening line of BvS was "There was a time above..."?

Set the tone for the whole film desu
>>
X-Men: Apocalypse is legitimately a good blockbuster.
>>
How the fuck can a movie 'deserve' a certain RT score? It's a combination of individuals positive/negative reviews.
>>
>>70543855
Those audience scores are pretty damning though
>>
>>70545063
If you think angry birds deserves that score you are a mudshit loving sjw faggotnigger
>>
>>70543695

>CW deserved it because it didn't rely on capeshit's usual story structure when heroes assemble to defeat big baddies in the end. It felt fresh desu

No it didn't. It felt like another bland, inoffensive, designed by committee Disneymarvel cape flick. It took zero risks, had all the depth of a kiddie pool, and fell into the exact same cliches as every other superhero flick, even if the "villain" wasn't out to take over the world it still set up Ironman and the UN as the antagonist they had to unite to defeat.

It was the definition of consensus-approved mediocrity.
>>
>>70543881
>the greatest movie made in decades
Fucking retarded, kill yourself
>>
>>70545216
It's really not

>Apocalypse's powers were wildly inconsistent and not explained well
>Nothing about Apocalypse was compelling at all
>Some of the acting was really bad, particularly Sophie Turner and J Law
>McAvoy was just phoning it in
>The entire 3rd act was just a total incoherent mess
>They just totally rehashed the Quicksilver scene from the previous film because it was popular
>That entire weapon x detour that existed only to set up the next Wolverine movie stuff
>Striker somehow having Wolverine even though the last movie ended with Mystique taking him down and then saving Wolverine
>Shitty meta scene about how the third movie is always the worst
>>
most major blockbusters always get shit reviews
>>
>>70545387
>it still set up Ironman and the UN as the antagonist they had to unite to defeat.
And Cap it's the antagonist that Iron Man and the other half of the team has to unite against, no one is wrong here.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 783x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 783x369
>tumblr tomatoes
>>
>>70545466

Except that the movie blatantly expects you to side with Captain America.
>>
>>70545489
RT hasn't got ratings for TV shows down, most are 90%+
>>
>>70541206
YOUR
TASTES
ARE
BAD
>>
>>70541206
Most major blockbusters usually got around a 50%. It wasn't until RT started allowing fanboy bloggers who jizz when their favorite character appears for two seconds on screen that ratings got super bloated, seems like they're finally catching on that those movies are SHIT.
>>
>>70545536

Cuck
>>
>>70545528
>Except that the movie blatantly expects you to side with Ca,ptain America.
Yeah, everybody was still pro-Cap after the final fight and the ending where Cap recognizes how selfish and hypocrite he was in the movies, right?
>>
>>70545536
Cuck
>>
>>70545536

Cuck
>>
>>70541206
>Civil war was the worse of them
>Rated the highest
wtf
>>
>>70543973
RT is owned by WB but not the critics. RT is a dumb algorithm i.e. it only aggregates reviews. It offers no input of its own.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 1003x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 1003x665
>>70545811
>>
File: Evil-Mickey-Mouse1.jpg (58 KB, 335x450) Image search: [Google]
Evil-Mickey-Mouse1.jpg
58 KB, 335x450
>>70543591
Is it his fault?
>>
>>70543881

>BvS
>best movie in decades

seriously kys

>>70544618

This.
>Reminder that the Warcraft movie was rated 9.1 on IMDB before it had even released. I know IMDB is a fucking joke now, but that was shocking ever by their standards.

>>70544966
Obvious bait is obvious

>>70545170
Seriously? Can anyone confirm this?

>>70545387
Here's a tip buddy: Civil War was actually a great superhero movie, however a lot of people now (you obviously included) seem to go to watch these films with the intent of hating it. Try just enjoying it instead of being a faggot (or worse, BvS apologist)
>>
>>70541206
>TMNT 2 rated higher than BvS

Good.

TURTLE POWER!!!
>>
>>70545811

Here's your (you)
>>
>>70543881
Holy pleb
>>
>>70545393

>Apocalypse's powers were wildly inconsistent and not explained well
This was deliberate, his powers weren't explained because they were a collection of many different powers that couldn't just be explained, and because it generated mystery for what he was truly capable of. Also because 'explaining powers' is one of the most tired tropes out there.
>Nothing about Apocalypse was compelling at all
Aside from the mystery of his true power, I found his view of the modern world interesting, and his voice had some serious gravitas.
>Some of the acting was really bad, particularly Sophie Turner and J Law
Agreed with Sophie Turner, but this is more likely to happen in films with many characters, and one dud performance doesn't ruin a movie.
>McAvoy was just phoning it in
Ehhhh not sure
>The entire 3rd act was just a total incoherent mess.
Couldn't you follow it senpai? Maybe rewatch when you're all grown up?
>They just totally rehashed the Quicksilver scene from the previous film because it was popular
Now this I DO agree with. I was actually annoyed with my friends who said they thought it was the highlight of the film, for me it was the worst part. So many things wrong with that whole scene...
>That entire weapon x detour that existed only to set up the next Wolverine movie stuff
Perhaps that was a motive, but it still worked quite nicely.
>Striker somehow having Wolverine even though the last movie ended with Mystique taking him down and then saving Wolverine
I thought it ended with him in the river tied up with metal?
>Shitty meta scene about how the third movie is always the worst
Yeah that was pretty shitty. It's still a good movie though, just try not to shit on everything, you'll be a happier person.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1228x745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1228x745
>>70546042

>Here's a tip buddy: Civil War was actually a great superhero movie, however a lot of people now (you obviously included) seem to go to watch these films with the intent of hating it. Try just enjoying it instead of being a faggot (or worse, BvS apologist)

DUDE IT'S POPCORN FUN JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND ENJOY IT!
>>
>>70546144
I don't "shit on everything", I just didn't think Xmen Apocalypse was a good movie, which isn't exactly a contrarian opinion
>>
>>70541206
There are so many movies in existence not to mention a fucking plethora of other forms of entertainment.
We are living in the golden age of art entertainment.
A 5/10 movie may as well be 0/10.
You have NO EXCUSE to watch 'okay' movies.
The only way to hold blockbusters to higher standards is to instantly dismiss anything only 'okay' as pure garbage.
This is only fair consider the absolutely ridiculous budgets they are given.
>>
I thought it was Disney

but now it's clear it's just that critics will not accept anything that isn't Marvel and/or quippy for whatever reason.
>>
>>70546144
holy shit this wall of sperg
>>
>>70546144
>Also because 'explaining powers' is one of the most tired tropes out there.
i was going to make fun of you for not caring about a consistent universe where problems are resolved in preestablished ways in order to be satisfying and instead accepting characters that pull whatever power they want out of their ass to make them win when the plot dictates. but then i realized you're a marvel fan and are legitimately ok with that
>>
>>70546270

>You have NO EXCUSE to watch 'okay' movies.

Jesus what a horrible life you must live. You have my pity.
>>
>>70545373

So I'm a decent human being? Cool beans, daddio *snaps fingers* ;^)
>>
>>70541206
>capeshit
>capeshit
>5 years late
>Michael Bay
>the critics are wrong it will be kino
>>
>>70546381

His powers were explained anyway, just not individually listed, which wouldn't have made sense. His power is essentially Sylar or whatever his name was. It wouldn't have made any sense at all for all of his abilities to be listed within the movie.
>>
>>70543881
Jesus dude fucking kill yourself
>>
>>70544378

CW was a great movie though. Sorry you're just too stupid to realize it.
>>
All I can say is me and my pleb brother both saw CW and BvS, and we both liked BvS more.

I watch a lot of movies and found civil war boring, it had some great action moments but I simply cannot understand why BvS is rated so low, we watched that one with our dad and even he loved it(his favorite movie is dumb and dumber, good taste if you ask me, thats not even 70% on rotten)
>>
>>70546397
>"hur I'm going to give my money and time to the same multi-million dollar rehashes year after year dur."
You
>>
>>70546538

> admits brother is a pleb
> brother preferred BvS
> you concur with his pleb taste
> dad too, likely genetic plebitude

Well your story checks out.
>>
>>70546538
>I simply cannot understand why BvS is rated so low

Because it was a really badly put together movie with bad motivations, bad characterization, and bad casting. Also Martha. Fuck you.
>>
>>70543469
As did the usa... every one of them got huge box office return
>>
>>70546509

t. Mickey
>>
>>70546813

t. DCfag
>>
>>70546746

>Not Marvel/Star Wars
>Not tent pole franchises
>No big toy lines riding on their success

Try again
>>
>>70546880
see>>70546797
>>
>>70546871

>He didn't like my manchild capequip movie! B-better call him a DCuck rather than accept some people find my favorite flick of the year to be bland, shallow, poorly written, and emotionally vacant!

Manchild logic
>>
>>70546562
Seriously, I feel really sorry for you. I see a film with friends and we have a fun time, if it's only 'okay' that's fine because it was a shared experience and that's what life is made of. If it's a good film all the better, even if it's bad we can all have a good laugh about it afterwards. You see films and you're disgusted if they're just okay, a waste of your oh-so-precious time (that you're spending wisely on 4chan complaining). I'm sure in 20 years all those great memories of your torrented 'kino' watched in your bedroom will be thought of fondly, and not a sad reflection on your crippling loneliness and disconnect from society.

I pity you beyond description.
>>
>>70547045
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 1135x835) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 1135x835
>>70547045
>>
File: Can Marvel do this.jpg (932 KB, 3456x2938) Image search: [Google]
Can Marvel do this.jpg
932 KB, 3456x2938
Memes aside, I quit giving a shit about critics after BvS. You can't possible think the movie deserves that rating.
>>
>>70547045
Damn son, I think you killed him.
>>
>>70547177
Yes it does, it was disappointing for everyone. Especially the people who wanted to see Batman fight Superman since they only fight for like 4 minutes. The majority would have been happy if the move wasn't just so boring, had a good amount of action scenes and the Batman and Superman fight wasn't only 4 minutes long. But it failed at everything.
>>
>>70546736
none of what you said was true, Mouseketter
>>
>>70547152
> love everything like a fanboy pleb or hate everything like a cynical hipster faggot. There is no middle-ground.
>>
All of you whiners are a bunch of underage faggots. Critics shitting on blockbusters isn't anything new. Back in the 80s and 90s blockbusters were very commonly panned. There were a few exceptions like Die Hard and Terminator 2 but countless movies that are now considered classics were hated by critics.
>>
The lesson is movies need to be comedic/quippy. It's why Thor: Ragnarok, Rogue One, and Suicide Squad are all being rewritten/reshot to be more campy.
>>
>>70546797
>i must defend a faceless multinational corporation that makes the same movie over and over again

really?
>>
>>70547045
Holy kek this should be pasta
>>
>>70547389
>Thor: Ragnarok
Hold on, that movie is being re-written/re-shot?
>>
>>70541206

Civil War was really bad

No characterization
no motivation
poorly edited
poorly shot
also

FUCK YOU RUBBER BUCKY MASK

and too much of the plot hinges on coincidences
>>
>>70547405
that's just your ignorant opinion.
>>
>>70547313
Who was expecting them to fight? Everyone knew they would fight a bit and then team up.

And even if the story was boring like you claim, it should have a higer rating just because of the visuals and effects
>>
>>70541206
>Angry Birds: 43%
>critics hate a movie that suggests it might be a good idea to have an understanding of the culture and motives of a group of people before opening your borders to their masses unchecked

what a surprise!
>>
>>70547464
this is false.
>>
All of those movies are garbage though.

Not a fan of Marvel but their movies tend to be better-made (Even if they're more commercial).

The only good Non-Marvel Studios capeshit movies I know of are:

Deadpool
XMEN: First Class and DOFP
The Dark Knight
Spiderman 1 and 2

That's it.
>>
>>70547444
It was rewritten before shooting began.

Originally it was going to be based on the actual ragnarok storyline from the comics, where Thor and Odin battle a demon king and Asgard gets fucked up

After Deadpool it was rewritten to be a buddy road trip movie with Thor and Hulk.
>>
File: disney-d.png (24 KB, 585x457) Image search: [Google]
disney-d.png
24 KB, 585x457
75% of /tv/ is just Disney shills at this point and it's obvious if you've been here for any length of time

Don't even bother replying to me you shill fucks
>>
>>70541206
>Most

Or did you post a graph with one good film and a bunch of dung and then type your unfounded or at best exaggerated statement next to it?

Your mother should be ashamed of her big smelly slit for birthing another Faggot onto our planet. Unless she's dead, in that case, good.
>>
>>70547599
see>>70546797
>>
>>70547515
>titled Batman vs Superman
>Who was expecting them to fight

I'm thinking literally everyone who saw it. Visuals only matter to certain extent, I'd say as long as a movie looks average, then the visuals don't matter, definitely not enough to make a badly written movie good.
>>
>>70547045
And I'm sure in 20 years time you'll still be relishing and defending the hollywood execs capeshiting into your mouth because you 'shared' non-interactive media with your friends.
Also all these assumptions about me.
For what it matters (it doesn't) I have friends and I have 'fun' with them and by myself.
Don't use fun or social activity as a critical shield.
You are right about wasting time on 4chan though.
>>
WARCRAFT HAS LITTLE CINEMATIC VALUE?

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK YOU FUCKERS
>>
File: 1447127965064-1.jpg (37 KB, 568x311) Image search: [Google]
1447127965064-1.jpg
37 KB, 568x311
>mfw idiots on here say "CRITICS ONLY LIKE QUIPS!"
TMNT 2 was a light-hearted movie that was full of quips but that didn't stop it from getting panned. Anyway, when are you faggots going to grow up and realize that the vast majority of modern blockbusters are terrible? Marvel movies are ridiculously overhyped and don't deserve the acclaim they get but that doesn't mean shit like Warcraft is good. Instead of screaming "CRITICS NEED TO BE MORE OPEN MINDED!" you should be screaming "CRITICS NEED TO BE MORE CRITICAL!"
>>
>all these out of touch posts

Most of the movies in OP have little to no cinematic value. I doubt anyone will remember Civil War.
>>
>>70547045
>>70547708
Also you seem to be championing conformity because not conforming = "crippling loneliness and disconnect from society"
Sad I hope one day you can be comfortable with yourself.
>>
>>70547177
What is that image supposed to prove? Most of them aren't particularly engaging shots, and adding a grey filter over ruins or showing the bat symbol in the dark isn't exactly groundbreaking
>>
File: Zootopia.png (482 KB, 719x679) Image search: [Google]
Zootopia.png
482 KB, 719x679
>>70547526
Fuck off JIDF shill
>>
>>70547750
The worst part is the dumbasses who want to seem "legit" so they bring up the Mario Brothers movie, which as far as comparisons go is fucking retarded - if you're going to compare it to anything, compare it to other fantasy movies

the retard critics go into it with the mindset of "oh hey it's a video game movie therefore it's shit" and can't even be slightly objective

it's not a great movie by any stretch, but it's easily above average. I could understand a 50% rating, but fucking less than 25%? No fucking way.

RT really needs to start a fucking cull
>>
>>70547177
>women on flooded house reaching toward Superman as he just hovers

I dont why this triggers me show much
>>
>>70547978
RT doesn't review movies, critics do.
>>
>>70548032
Yes, and RT needs to cull the shitty critics from their site
>>
>>70547464

everything you said is wrong.
>poorly shot
I dont hink you even know what you are trying to say here
>>
>>70541206
Everyone is SICK and TIRED of being SICK and TIRED of paying their hard earned monies on the lousiest fuckin script shit movies that make everyone myopic with overdone CG. it's fake, it's hollow, it's a waste of everyone's money. and people are literally just staying home instead of going to the show, because there's only so much of this they can take. Film as an art has gone through a dead fuckin era for this generation - and the fact that we can be entertained by the heaping piles of shit that comes out of this industry does NOT mean that it's good. anymore, reading a fuckin book on the pot is more stimulating than actually going to the show for a silver screen experience -- an industry that once had a lot of creativity and RESPECT!!
>>
>>70548065
well they already kicked off Armond White.
>>
>>70548095
and all I gotta say is fuckin GHOSTBUSTERS. and all you FOOLS will probably still go PAY to see that garbage. PAY!! your money -- your hard earned money! it's an insult. fuckin GHOSTBUSTERS man... *drops mic*
>>
File: loving every laugh.jpg (138 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
loving every laugh.jpg
138 KB, 980x1040
>>70548168
>implying anyone on /tv/ will pay money to see the new Ghostbusters
Have you been on /tv/ for less than two days? This board hates the new Ghostbusters with a burning passion.
>>
>>70541206
> (Turtles deserve a 40-49).
do you not understand how RottenTomatoes works or are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>70548083

Civil War had no style at all. It wasn't poorly shot. It was just shot as blandly as possible.
>>
>>70547943
Wait, there's a site that tells you how jewish stuff is? You got a link there senpai?
>>
>>70548083
He is right about the cinematography. The only time it was good was during Panther and Zemo conversation.
>>
>>70544618
>war craft fan boys
>12 years old
most of them are like 30
>>
>>70548219
This board might hate the new Ghostbusters-- but it sticks up my crawl to think people might give it a chance. FUCK it!!! how dare they. I swear to GOD if they make any money back -- I will fuckin SCREAM!!!
>>
>>70547045

Omg this is fucking brilliant hahaha
>>
>>70546746
>>70546797
>what is plausible deniability
You can't be too obvious and bump every single movie and show you make, only a select few. Then your shills can post images like this and say ''see, they can't be cheating if all these movies didn't do so well''.

It's like you've never actually watched any of those political spy thrillers that you claim WS and CW were such great examples of.
>>
>>70543881
(You)
>>
>>70544618

While Warcraft fans are going to be the core of the viewing audience, they are far too jaded to rely on for a good review. Blizz just released the worst Warcraft game (and possibly worst Blizzard game) of all time. It would probably get much more support and love had it been released right during Cataclysm.
>>
>>70548360
Hate to say it, but they'll make bank. Older generation will seemit for nostalgia without really being aware of the online hate, because pop media will hype it up. Most profit though from feminists and cucked boyfriends. Most we can hope for is a critical panning, but even then SJWs will defend the shit out of it.

The only good thing that will come out of it is a fresh critic 'ignore' list for anyone giving it positive reviews
>>
>>70543413
Johnny Depp has been box office poison for a awhile now. You pretty much know what you're gonna get when you go to see a Tim Burton Johnny Depp Helena Bonham Carter fuckfest. Same old orgy of bullshit prentensery and make believery and made up randomocity with a dash of hot topic endorsing angsty teen familial impaired suburban bedroom dwellers. lazy writers. lets wow them with dark wonders!
>>
>>70547405
>i must attack a faceless multinational corporation that makes the same movie over and over again

really?
>>
>>70548533
You are right -- but they will make all the money from international ticket sales, at the very least that will help them break even. domestic tickets won't sell as much, but i guarantee it will be pirated, and even that bothers me because it means free exposure
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 400x300
>>70548392
>>
File: 1462474881000.jpg (591 KB, 1024x1817) Image search: [Google]
1462474881000.jpg
591 KB, 1024x1817
>>70548666
>all those cancerous buzzwords
>those digits
>>
File: jewontheroof.png (234 KB, 635x356) Image search: [Google]
jewontheroof.png
234 KB, 635x356
>>70547943

Fuck that misinfomation site website, degenerate.
>>
>>70548868
The Joyish presence is strong here
>>
File: G98.jpg (69 KB, 775x387) Image search: [Google]
G98.jpg
69 KB, 775x387
>>70541206
>Warcraft 17%
Warcraft only needs 1% less to attain the kino purity of Roland Emmerich's Godzilla
>>
I'm not sure if they're really being paid, but I feel like there's a certain cultural thing with film critics (the new type that run blogs and fart around in Twitter) where they just prefer the sort of style of movie that these Marvel-Disney cape films follow.

Lighthearted. 'Quippy'. Don't take themselves seriously.

They're basically easily digestible, and in turn, the reviews kind of write themselves. Ut's getting to the point though where they seem to be actively going against movies that don't follow this trend. We've all seen the quotes from reviewers talking about how movies they don't like need more jokes.
>>
>>70543855
Lol...umm ok
>>
>>70547599
I may be a paid shill, but BvS is still shit and you cant do anything about it
>>
Studios need to embrace the fact that quipkino is the new meta for critical success. Suicide Squad was completely rewritten from a semi-serious movie to a 5 quip per minute verbal sparring session and the people who have seen the latest cuts say it's incredible.
>>
>>70548533
Ghostbusters is easily going to cross $750 million and will likely cross a billion. Paul Feig has never made a bad movie and consistently writes solid stories and quips for women. The movie will be great.
>>
>>70549635
a bunch of one-liners... witty zing bang gotcha comments... fabulous. just like the expendables -- just fabulous.
>>
>>70543435
>So they turn up their nose on mass entertainment.

Yet they love Disney capeshit, the most calculated mass appeal entertainment there is.
>>
>>70549635
The trailers already made it seem awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlqGvf4dYNY
>>
>>70549796
It's wonderful -- all the writing is already been done years ago -- just copy paste copy paste, draft, boom done. now we can fly with our favorite superheroes
>>
>>70549572

Except it isn't shit. And theres nothing you can do about it except lie.
>>
>>70546746

All this "proves" is that they don't bother with irrelevant films.
>>
>>70549924
it was terrible mate and your opinion is just trash, let it go.
>>
>>70543699
>they want something new, well filmed

Like... Batman V Superman?
>>
>>70550110
You let it go. You're the one shittalking it.
>>
>>70550152
let

it

go
>>
File: Ethanballsacks.png (10 KB, 347x167) Image search: [Google]
Ethanballsacks.png
10 KB, 347x167
>>70541206
Because we're having critics like this review our movies.

>This movie is different from others in it's genre, so it's bad

Batman V Superman wasn't even that great of a movie but it's reviews by critics were way too harsh. People are just out to shit on movies I guess.
>>
>>70550210
I'm not even the same guy. You let it go.
>>
>>70550276
letitgo
>>
>>70550319
see >>70550319
>>
>>70550231
The New York Daily News is a fucking rag.

RT really is the worst thing to happen to film in years. People don't even look at the reviews, they just see a number, yer half the time, the people writing are talking completely out of their ass.
>>
>>70550359
see
>>70550319
>>
>>70550443
see>>70550443
>>
>>70550436
Exactly. They should take away the fresh/rotten scoring and just let people post their reviews only. This way people can actually judge whether they'd enjoy the movie or not from the review rather than looking at a number.
>>
Am I the only person that's sane in this thread? The only person with a triple digit IQ?
OP is promoting his fucking agenda and you all took the bait.
>Civil War, conveniently, is the only movie positive on his image
>BvS, conveniently, is one of the negative ones
How
Fucking
Convenient

Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>70548264
Not being Very stylistically distinct =/= bad

There are plenty of directors without a "style". And anyways, the argument isn't that its a masterpiece. Just that it is good / decent.
>>
Rotten Tomatoes was a horrible, horrible mistake

Notice that special little thing about the review "aggregate". They always feel the need to include their smug little paragraph 'summing up' all the reviews

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!

No one asked for what they think! That they have the arrogance as a review collector to offer their own input is so fucking disgusting
>>
>>70543435
> So they turn up their nose on mass entertainment.
>>70549796
> the most calculated mass appeal entertainment there is.

You do realise that it's you sound like a pair of hipster faggots when producing comments like these? There eventually comes a point when even the most fervent apologist has to look in the mirror and realise, "Holy fuck, Imma wrong. All those people's opinions do outweigh my own understanding of film, pathetic as it is. I'm such a cuck."

There's very little that's ever been good about Snyder's movies - he's not a coherent storyteller, being more a music video level of director: nice visuals and no story required is more his thing. Singer went overboard with AoA and couldn't reign himself in let alone the overblown story. In both cases the studios knew they hadn't got a good thing, a film with legs, and thus they load it up with an advertising blitz and hope for a big first weekend before word of mouth finally filters through and they sink. Learn to recognise the fucking signs for this.

Marvel's more committed to not making those mistakes and has raised the lower end of acceptability with their films - the MCU films are average at worst. People now go in knowing they're not going to see pile of fucking unwatchable rubbish for a start, and more probably it's going to be great fun.
>>
File: 123432.png (522 KB, 607x607) Image search: [Google]
123432.png
522 KB, 607x607
>>70541206
>3 capeshit movies
>2 videogame movies
>1 baybuster
What a sad world we live in
>>
>>70543544

>avg rating on RT for civil war 7.6/10
>rating on metacritic 75

learn the real scores on RT you fucking retard
>>
>>70553227
>advertising blitz
Are you implying that companies other than disney have advertising campaigns with noticably higher outlay and penetration than disney, the kings of cross platform marketing? Surely not.
>>
>>70542288
i wouldn't call X-men a flop... also 48% is okay, not a disaster
>>
File: 1465245753509.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1465245753509.png
1 MB, 800x800
>>70549635
>to a 5 quip per minute verbal sparring session

This made me laugh, senpai.
>>
File: 1462912812104.jpg (217 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1462912812104.jpg
217 KB, 770x711
>>70553874
>also 48% is okay, not a disaster
>>
>>70549635
This guy gets it. Suicide Squad, Thor Ragnarok, and Rogue One have all been rewritten to be campy quipfests
>>
>>70553954
>campy quipfests
yes please, much better than Snyder's take on 'dark and gritty'
>>
>>70553987
I actually prefer dark and gritty in films when it suits. Marvel's universe is so lame.
>>
>>70553987
I know man

>Does anyone have any orange slices?

I was rolling on the floor laughing with my wife's son
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 299x168
>>70554064
>wife

now I know you're lying
>>
Hollywood is dying

Spielberg already predicated this

Movie studios put all their stakes in expensive as fuck movies, sometimes they'll pay off and then sometimes its a financial failure. Thus Hollywood is forced to keep making the same shit THEY KNOW will make profit.
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.