[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a cleaner, purer form of kino than Paris, Texas? No,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
Is there a cleaner, purer form of kino than Paris, Texas? No, I don't think there is.
>>
Memes aside, Paris Texas is great barebones storytelling.
>>
Overrated shit in my opinion.
>>
File: 1326768913360.jpg (46 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1326768913360.jpg
46 KB, 400x320
>>70532222
>>
That protagonist reminds me of myself.
>>
How come all the normies flock to Herzog when Wenders is the better filmmaker?
>>
>>70534073
Probably because Wenders has about 2 worthwhile movies
>>
>its about a romance
D R O P P E D
>>
>>70534073
They are equal in my eyes.

>Herzog
>normies

Nah, casual movie goers can't stand his kind of stuff. Wings of Desire is much more famous among the average audience than any Herzog film
>>
>>70534140
Wrong.
>>
>>70534140
You just revealed that you don't know shit about the new german cinema.
>>
>>70532123
I'm seeing this on the 18th in Amsterdam. I've seen it before on DVD, but they're having it projected at EYE (Amsterdam film museum) as part of a Robby Muller exhibition and Muller's assistant on the film is dropping by afterwards to tell some stories about the production.
>>
>>70534140
not him but i've seen alice in the cities, kings of the road, paris, texas and wings of desire and they were all pretty great, especially kings of the road and paris, texas. how many have you seen and which 2 are the worthwhile ones?
>>
>>70534368
his docs are also very good, although I don't think he's Herzog-level there. Love his BVSC and Ozu docs, gf loves Pina
>>
>>70534368
He is probably refering to P,T and Wings of Desire.

I'm glad you like Wenders. Watch "The State of Things".
>>
>>70534073
Wenders' later career revealed him to be a hack who made a couple of good movies accidentally.
>>
>>70534414
>>70534419
thanks, been meaning to explore him more for a while, might just do that now
>>
File: 57-face-reflection.png (842 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
57-face-reflection.png
842 KB, 1024x576
deep
>>
>>70532123
One of my favorites. About due for a rewatch. That scene where he finally talks to her is perfect in every way.
>>
>>70532123
This is the whole film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STpTfcPSPbs

ending btw

the rest is slow and boring

the first 10 ish minutes are good

you could cut it down to about 1/2 hour and not miss anything
>>
File: 11.png (102 KB, 327x455) Image search: [Google]
11.png
102 KB, 327x455
>>70532123
>it's an "I just saw my 100th movie" OP
>>
>>70534073
how come nobody remembers Fassbinder though
he was the most important neue deutsche welle kinographistè
>>
>>70534365
underrated post

Sounds interesting.
>>
>>70541216
Inconsistent filmography.
>>
>>70532123
>played No More Heroes
>learned that this movie inspired part of the game
>go to watch
>was not disappointed

Pretty good stuff senpai. Used it for part of my communications class project when he goes in to the club because I loved the lighting.
>>
File: paristexas.jpg (54 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
paristexas.jpg
54 KB, 1280x800
>"I love you more than my life"
>>
>>70541365
Literally every director mentioned itt is as inconsistent but less interesting
>>
>>70541551
how are you going to call herzog less interesting?
>>
>>70541580
I just did
Fassbinder is way wierder in a good way
>>
>>70534073

Well Herzog is just such an entertaining personality in himself, and his documentaries have gotten him some mainstream appeal.

I prefer his narrative films to Wenders, though. Wenders is very good but he can't match Herzog's ambition. With Herzog, every element of production, performance and narrative is reaching for madness
>>
>>70541621
What did fassbinder do that'smore interesting than ballad of the little solider or La Soufrière?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.