[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And time for the last one. Watched all the others this week.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: new_nightmare.jpg (192 KB, 580x850) Image search: [Google]
new_nightmare.jpg
192 KB, 580x850
And time for the last one. Watched all the others this week. Starting New Nightmare right now.

Freddy's Dead felt really weird. The town turning crazy was a cool idea but way too silly. The deaths were somewhat fun to watch but the acting was so atrocious that it made them look worse.

At least Freddy's was more of a "showman" this time, but it felt like it was some kind of parody of Nightmare on Elm Street.
>>
File: ill-just-whatever.jpg (19 KB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
ill-just-whatever.jpg
19 KB, 300x164
>>70517781
I want to like New Nightmare, but it derps the ball here and there: Freddy just doesn't play by his own rules (and not in a good way) when it's convenient for the writing
>>
>>70517866
Well that's the case for all movies outside of 1.
2 had him interact with reality all the time.
3-4 were much better for that, but it was still interacting with reality on a normal basis.
5 had nobody sleeping at all
6 tried, but it was still the same. Random things happened to people awake all the time.
>>
>And time for the last one.
I'm sorry? Are we supposed to know who you are or give a shit about your film marathons? Have you mistaken this board for your personal blog or are you really this big of a fucking douchebag?
>>
>>70518469
You seem mad about literally nothing right now.
>>
File: fredward.jpg (23 KB, 720x384) Image search: [Google]
fredward.jpg
23 KB, 720x384
>>70518395
Yeah but did he kill random people surrounding the stalkee just to fuck around with him/her?

(I'm actually asking, I don't really remember about the others but he does in NN)
>>
>>70518720
In 2 he literally show up at a pool party boiling the water and making walls of flames so that people could not run away. That was a weird one. Usually he tries to stay "subtle"
>>
>>70517866
thats the point. it's not an *old* nightmare, it's a new one
>>
I just realized they did the 7 movies in 10 years. Nightmare on Elm Street was in 84 and New Nightmare was in 94. They really milked the franchise.
>>
Boys, how would you rank the series? Personally I'd rank it 1>3>7>4>2>5>6
>>
>>70519476
3>1>7>4>5>2>6
>>
>>70519027
they did 8 friday the 13th movies in 9 years but not gonna lie I probably would have seen them all if I was around back then
>>
>>70519870
I dont get why they milk horror movies like that. I think the worst one is the 8 Saw movies in 8 years.
>>
>>70519980
Because they made money. Keep churning 'em out until they don't make a profit.
>>
>>70519980
>I dont get why they milk horror movies like that.

They're cheap, the formula is easy to repeat, and people buy tickets to see them. You just need to find some no-name 'actors' wandering around the streets of LA and buy sixteen gallons of fake blood and you've got yourself a horror movie.
>>
>make this thread on Englund's birthday

Nice
>>
>>70518469
Kek what a fag
>>
>>70517781

I also just did this recently. While I watch the first one on a regular basis, I hadn't seen 4,5,6 since their original showing in the theater. I was surprised at how much I liked 4, and the quality drop in 5. Didn't like New Nightmare upon originally seeing it, but after 20 years, I seemed to have grown on my.
>>
What are your thoughts on FvsJ and the remake? I feel FvsJ was still fun enough to consider it in line with the originals (as well as a good high note for Englund to end on), and while I didn't mind Rorschach as Freddy as much as most did, I felt the reboot was pretty unnecessary
>>
>>70521104
The remake is pretty terrible, as most are
>>
>>70521104
FvsJ is pretty okay as far as crossovers go. It captures both universes pretty well.
>>
>>70521104
The remake had one really good scene and the rest was only just.
>>
New Nightmare is probably the softest Slasher ever.
2 Deaths. That's it. And 1 is off camera and the second is a remake from the ceiling death of the first movie.
4 Deaths if you count the 2 from the beginning that we discover are real off screen.
>>
>>70518469
>There's always that one faggot who is literally offended because people want to share their movie viewing on a board about movies

Go back to posting fucking maymays and ruining the board.
>>
>>70521928
>New Nightmare is probably the softest Slasher ever.
that's because it was never meant to be a slasher film. New Nightmare is by far the most psychological of them.
>>
After watching all 7 movies this week, I found that the movies are pretty overhyped. They are for the most part good or okay, but people act and still act like they are Nightmare inducing. As a guy with Living Nightmares (I continue to dream for sometimes after waking up and I mix dream and reality), I found those movies to be a lot less scary than everybody claim.

None of the movies made me scare and the only part I did not look at the movie was where he break the arms of the athletic girl to transform her into a cockroach in 4. Mostly because I have a bone breaking "phobia".

When I see 30-35 guys still claiming that they are the best movies ever, I wonder if it's only nostalgia and that they never seen it after the original screening.
>>
>>70522769
The first was definitely scary, but after Freddy's Revenge the rest were almost horror comedies with only the basic plot being taken completely seriously, while all the death scenes became absurdly over-the-top.

In general though, almost no horror franchises really have any lasting power in the respect of successfully scaring newer audiences anyways.
>>
>>70521104
J > F
>>
>>70522769
>As a guy with Living Nightmares (I continue to dream for sometimes after waking up and I mix dream and reality)
Learn lucid dreaming and live in the dream world with your waifu forever.
>>
>>70523395
The problem is not sleeping. It's waking up. I mix reality with dreams. I had a door frame tried to stab me once. I have masks floating toward me.
Old people watching me sleep from my the door of my room.

Sleeping is easy, waking up is the scary part.
>>
>>70523484
>Old people watching me sleep from my the door of my room
Fuck man, that's too real.
>>
>>70523553
Yeah, and for some time I'm still "in the dream" so I stand up, look around the house and realize it's a dream.

One of the funniest one is where for some reason I had to throw my tablet away because of dream reasons. But it kept coming back. So I wake up and I throw my tablet against the door of my room. Then I really wake up and realize what I just did. At least it was not broken, thanks to my cover.
>>
>>70523684
I used to shit myself (figuratively) when I had dreams that were almost entirely within the realm of possibility.

Not because they were that scary but because that particular mental state of experiencing night terrors is just overwhelming, specially when combined with sleep paralysis.
>>
>>70523684
Nice, the MK-Ultra program is really starting to show fascinating results in the general population.
>>
>>70523952
Yeah, those are the scariest. Weird dreams are known to be dreams, but when you dream that there is somebody in your house with a knife and the last thing you did is get in your bed and then you wake up, well you kinda think he's really there.
>>
Time to watch Mulholland Dr
>>
File: 1457127291760.png (114 KB, 427x348) Image search: [Google]
1457127291760.png
114 KB, 427x348
>>70517866
Are you retarded or did you just not pay attention? That isn't Freddy, it's an ancient demon pretending to be Freddy, so no shit he doesn't play by the same rules
>>
>>70525048
>That isn't Freddy, it's an ancient demon pretending to be Freddy
W-what?
>>
>>70525231
>>70517866
>I don't understand/remember the plot
>but I'm going to bitch about it

never change, teevee
>>
>>70525231
There is a scene where Heather and Wes Craven discuss the script he's working on, which is the screenplay for the New Nightmare, and that an ancient evil being takes on different forms depending on what is considered frightening in the public consciousness.

Because of the popularity/success of the Nightmare films, this being has shapen himself in the likeness of Freddy Krueger, grown to love this form and doesn't want to give it up, and is trying to cross over into our reality.

Didn't you wonder why the final battle took place in an ancient Greco-Roman structure instead of the boiler room?
>>
>>70525429
I'm not that guy, I just watched this movie years ago and don't remember any of that shit.

Suddenly it became a lot more interesting though.
>>
>>70525600
>>70525231
Wes explain that there are demons that can be captured by stories and that a demon was captured by Nightmare on Elm street, but since th movies are worst and worst and then the movies ended, it was released. The demon was used to be freddy for 10 years and so he wanted to go to our reality and to do so he had to kill Nancy.
>>
>>70525556
>Didn't you wonder why the final battle took place in an ancient Greco-Roman structure instead of the boiler room?
Nah, I thought it looked cool but didn't think about it because I was a teenager and only wanted to watch it for the gore.
>>
I can only pray that this practice of blogging yourself watching a film on /tv/ doesn't become a trend. And there's not only the retard himself, but a bunch of white-knights of this disgusting behavior too.
But considering how this board is plagued by more tourists all the time, and gets worse by the day, this has a chance of catching up. Always being more facebook-friendly! Yay
>>
>>70525692
So what happened to the original Freddy? Or was ever an original Freddy that fucked people in their dreams?
>>
>>70525802
Yeah, how dare people suggest a topic of movie and movie franchise they actually watched!

Let's just post more waifus threads.
>>
>>70525814
Freddy is a movie. The demon was simply captured by the "quality of the story" and got trapped. And now it was released once the movies went out and the newer movies were worst.

Freddy is just a movie in New Nightmare. You see the actor of freddy get the nightmares too and be scared of "real" freddy.
>>
>>70525861
You don't watch a film and post on /tv/ while doing so.
It's at best cretinous to defend that as fueling le epic film discussion.
>>
>>70525814
There's no oiginal Freddy in New Nightmare, it takes place in "our world" where the previous movies were just movies.
>>
>>70525814
New Nightmare takes place in a different reality, one in which the Nightmare films are just that, films. Freddy is a fictional character
>>
>>70525919
>>70525934
>>70525949
Mind fucking blown, gon watch it later.
>>
>>70525930
Where is that rule?
"/tv/ - Television & Film
Content should pertain to television shows, movies, actors/actresses, film equipment, etc.
All actress and actor discussion should pertain directly to their roles and careers. Off-topic discussion will be deleted.
Global Rule 13 applies—all images of actresses should be accompanied by relevant discussion.
Please make use of the spoiler image checkbox and spoiler tags. Purposeful spoiling of a series or movie is not allowed."
>>
>>70525991
Oh shit so wait a second, if that's not Freddy but an ancient demon, and this is the last movie of the franchise, then who was Freddy in FvsJ?
>>
>>70526054
FVJ takes place in the classic continuity, NN is outside of it.
>>
>>70526054
Technically, the canon of New Nightmare and the other movies is different. FvsJ is a movie and so, would probably be a movie inside New Nightmare universe.
>>
>>70526042
>le rules of the 4chan
Is this bait or are you simply stupid?
>>
>>70526094
>>70526129
What a waste, could have Greco-Roman demon possessing Jason's body and taking Manhattan for good this time.
>>
>>70526154
"You don't watch a film and post on /tv/ while doing so. "

You are the one making shit up. If you dont like the thread, then just go on another.
>>
>>70526219
I'm not making shi up, you fucking mongoloid. It's a fucking obvious principle: you watch the film, without stops, without shitposting on your favorite so cool internet forum. No blogging.
To tolerate this kind of behavior, to accept this disrespect, and 'innocent' shitposting is to further keep throwing waste in this sewer.
Not that you would know about it, tourist.
>>
>>70526511
>disrespect
haha

Dude, it's a movie. People go in group to see movies and discuss about it while stopping the movie all the time.

Get over yourself.
>>
>>70526624
You're the kind of person who posts on /tv/ right now. Yeah, that's enough.
>>
>>70526809
You are also the kind of person who posts on /tv/ right now.
>>
File: Captain Picard's Erotic Cakes.jpg (27 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
Captain Picard's Erotic Cakes.jpg
27 KB, 384x288
>>70526856
I am also the kind of person who posts on /tv/ right now.
>>
>>70526856
Not enough of (Me)s allows the existence of so many of (You)s. And that explains why the board is what it is.
>>
File: brent rambo.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
brent rambo.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>70519476

1 >= 3 > NN > 4 > 2 > FvJ > 5 > 6 > Remake
>>
>>70519476
1>4>3>NN>2>FVJ>6>5>R
>>
>>70521104

The remake is abysmal. I could write a multipage essay about all of the things it got wrong and the potential it squandered.

Nightmare on Elm Street is one of the few horror franchises I feel could actually benefit from an update if done correctly, what with advances in both special effects and what we actually know about the science of sleep/dreams these days. It's such a fucking shame the property will never land in the hands of someone who'd actually do something new and interesting with it, and instead we'll probably get another Platinum Dunes turd shat out now that Craven is dead to capitalize on there being a brief period of time where the IP was on people's mind's recently.
>>
>>70519476
NN>1>3>4>FvJ>5>6>>>>>2>>>>>2010 remake
>>
>>70527463
>I could write a multipage essay about all of the things it got wrong and the potential it squandered
1. No Robert Englund
2. No Monica Keena's tits that set the gold standard for good slashers
3. ???
4. Not campy enough
>>
>>70519476
3>1>FvJ>4>6>5>2>NN>Remake
>>
>>70519476
1>3>2>7>4>5>6
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.