[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the best scene in the entire LOTR trilogy was cut out of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: c0003915_1938133[1][1].jpg (89 KB, 852x359) Image search: [Google]
c0003915_1938133[1][1].jpg
89 KB, 852x359
>the best scene in the entire LOTR trilogy was cut out of the theatrical release

JUST

why the fuck would hackson do this?
>>
because in retrospect he was a shit director who was lucky to have a brilliant team around him whose work he could take credit for

like lucas, his bullshit starts to creep into the 3rd movie and ruins it, they cut that scene to add more onto hacksons shitty ending
>>
>>70515939
In Fellowship was the Balrog in the bridge
In TwoTowers was the Ent march
In Return was either your pic or when you see the whole orc army in front of Minas Tirith

Even today every time I watch them give me the chills
>>
>>70515939

it's not really necessary and is pretty much fluff, though it does explain what happened to Gandalf's staff and why he had to take the spear from that one soldier during Faramir's burnening
>>
>>70516027
Post youtube links to all scenes pls
>>
>>70516019
He started ok though, the producers wanted 1 or 2 movies, he said it needed to be 3. Producers wanted Arwen in the fellowship, he said no, and a lot of shit. I think that, like any ringbearer, he got more and more corrupt the more he was leading these movies, pretty ironic.
>>
>Not posting the Mouth of Sauron scene

Cutting that was the real crime
>>
>hurr durr only battle scenes are the best scenes

I think the best ROTK scene is Gandalf talking to Pippin about the afterlife when they think they are about to die
>>
>>70516019

Are people still giving him grief because of the Hobbit movies? That shit's not his fault entirely, blame the execs and Del Toro slinking out.
>>
>>70515939
>>the best scene in the entire LOTR trilogy
Not even fucking close. In fact, I'd say it'd hit rock bottom in a LotR scene ranking
>>
>>70516100
It would have been good if not for the Aragorn spergout. It was totally out of character and not even in the books, Aragorn is meant to be a king, not some savage who just murders an emissary.
>>
>>70515939
They took it out because they felt too much magic would alienate the audience.

Just like Saruman's death after he cast fireball for 3d6 damage.
>>
>>70516144
Get got salty over the Mouths banter. It made sense for him to temporarily lose his shit after getting egged on and just before another battle, tensions were high.
>>
>>70516123

the 3rd lord of the rings isnt that good, massive pacing issues and the battle scene with the army of the dead is retarded

just like return of the jedi, at the time everyone gave it a pass because the other two were good and it was mostly fine, but then the director keeps pumping out more shit and you can see it as the start of them taking total creative control
>>
I don't like the scene because it makes no sense for the Witchking to not finish off Gandalf just because Rohan show up.

The theatrical version of RotK is better than the extended. I prefer extended of Fellowship and TT.
>>
>>70516192
It was completely out of character for Aragorn.
>>
Anyone post link to OP's scene please?
>>
>>70516584

>gandalf witchking youtube

SO FUCKING HARD
>>
File: mYypPRA.jpg?1.jpg (8 KB, 255x229) Image search: [Google]
mYypPRA.jpg?1.jpg
8 KB, 255x229
>>70516620
So post the clip, if you're so great.
>>
>>70516466
The movie is only good in length when you're thinking "fuck I forgot this was so long and I'm only halfway through"
>>
These movies are honestly pretty garbage if you don't have nostalgia for them. GoT pretty unsurpassed them in every way.
>>
>Eowyn singing
Thank god they cut that out
>>
>>70516100
They were going to have aragorn fight sauron instead of the troll in the last battle, if it wasn't for viggo saying to remove it it would have ruined the last film IMO
based viggo
>>
>>70516100
>cut Mouth scene
>you can still see his blood on Aragorns blade during his speech
woah..
>>
>>70516742

They aren't as good as I remembered as a kid but they're still pretty good, CGI aged like milk though
>>
>>70518621
Golum still look surprisingly decent
>>
>>70516100
no because showing aragorn committing war crimes makes him look bad and we all know he was good
>>
>>70515939
>the best scene
>nothing happens

pick one
>>
>>70518828
Aragorn was a patsy whose rise to the throne was brutally engineered by Gandalf and the Elves.

There was nothing special or more kingly about him than any other dunedain or man of gondor. He claim was really, really weak.
>>
>>70519186
dude isildur was his uncle's buddy or something.
>>
>>70516074
Jesus Christ. KYS Casual.
>>
>>70516027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pis3veqKl8k

Wrong, this is the correct one
>>
>>70519640

>Fire at Will!

Which one was Will?
>>
>>70519880
xd
>>
File: image.png (479 KB, 1055x808) Image search: [Google]
image.png
479 KB, 1055x808
>>70516742
>>
>>70519640
>all white characters
and they say racism doesnt exist
>>
>>70519640
You now realise none of the soldiers would actually hear a word of Theoden's speech.
>>
Best scene coming through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0
>>
>>70520838
My... My fucking heart....
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.