[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick, answer this question without looking it up, and only if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 2000px-Seinfeld_logo.svg.png (165 KB, 2000x864) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Seinfeld_logo.svg.png
165 KB, 2000x864
Quick, answer this question without looking it up, and only if you haven't watched the show in a while.

Did Seinfeld have a laugh track?
>>
It had an audience that laughed, and they used some laugh tracks to mask using different takes for scenes
>>
>>70498409
>"So that'll be one tuck, and one non-tuck"
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Yes
>>
No, the laughter was a manifestation of Jerry's madness
>>
>>70498409
I am surprised how the laugh track never bothers me with Seinfeld. It feels like it isn't even there sometimes...

NOW when I watch Big Bang Theory: that laugh track fucking soars every second over their voices and interrupts them with almost every single sentence. It is such a pain to listen to.
>>
Live studio audience, my dude.
>>
laugh track has always been weird to me. dick van dyke show 60 years ago has better test audience reaction with fake laughter added in and it becomes a tv staple up until basically 2010
>>
>>70498713
And even then, that's mostly because that whole style of sitcom has been gradually fading.
>>
>>70498713
I've never been a fan of them either.

Have comedy movies had them them?
>>
>>70498848
Only as a joke, since movies were traditionally seen in theaters with an actual real life audience.
>>
>>70498929
but even shows like cheers had a studio audience but still used a laugh track to shape the flow of the episodes if the audience laughter wasnt right. they called it 'sweetening'
>>
>>70498929
Good point, guess I forgot that now DVD and streaming are the norm.

Adam Sandler's next Netflix exclusive movie will have a laugh track embedded and no one will really notice it
>>
>>70498409
i've never watched the show and I know that the answer is yes.
>>
>>70498409
Of course, do you have early onset dementia?
>>
>implying laugh tracks aren't GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZjP_IoxCHU
>>
File: why larry.png (314 KB, 325x504) Image search: [Google]
why larry.png
314 KB, 325x504
>season 4/5
>kramer appears
>audience applauds for 3 minutes straight

At one point they were fucking up everyone's timing so bad that fucking Larry had to get up before tapings and tell them to stop it
>>
>>70499285
I do a ndie a mo
>>
Frome the viewer's standpoint, what difference is there between a "laugh track" and a "live studio audience" with an applause sign? Shit sounds the same and it just as irritating.
>>
>>70500397
The satisfaction that 40-50 random people were tortured for my entertainment.
>>
>>70498568
This Tbh
>>
>>70498568
It's because you actually feel like laughing yourself, hence laughing track being 'invisible'.
>>
>>70498568
Fun fact: TBBT has a studio audience. Yes, people are actually laughing every time they mention a video game/scientist/electronic device/movie
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.