[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these the only villains that could "sell" a movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Are these the only villains that could "sell" a movie?

I would say lecter is the other choice but he hasn't bern relevant for a while
>>
>>70488078
Does suicide squat look like a box office hit to you?
>>
>>70488236
Fact is most people will see it for joker
>>
>>70488290
I think most people won't see it. Or are you talking about the villains being the selling point? Then that's a whole bunch of garbage horror movies, like friday the thirteenth.
>>
>>70488422
The hype surrounding it would suggest other wise. I meant villains that are afforded hero status/ loved as if not more than the protagonist
>>
>>70488078
Alot of people like loki too so i would add him.
>>
>>70488549
Loki is I guess but he seems more of an anti hero
>>
>>70488641
No he has killed hes a straight up villian despite how the actor feels about him.
>>
File: Dracula AD 1972.jpg (94 KB, 450x245) Image search: [Google]
Dracula AD 1972.jpg
94 KB, 450x245
>>70488078
Did you just forget horror movies exist or are you just baiting for the sake of discussion?
>>
>>70489023
Other than The ice giants? I don't remember him killing anyone
>>
>>70488078
joker didn't "sell" anything about that shit movie the selling was done by Ledger offing himself
>>
>>70489161
Umm, in assemble, pretty sure he killed a load of people in new york when he let the aliens in dude.
>>
>>70489339
Edgy opinion to be contrarion. Ledger's acting was undoubtedly god-tier, just because the movie is popular doesn't mean you have to not like it.
>>
>>70488078
Magneto would be, if Wolverine hadn't been promoted to the X-men main character in the films
>>
>>70489161
Phil Coulson temporarily. He also ripped out that German dude's eye, and are we supposed to assume that he killed Odin in Thor 2?
>>
File: 1235348-doom.jpg (51 KB, 500x744) Image search: [Google]
1235348-doom.jpg
51 KB, 500x744
DOOM movie when

or just let Marvel buy him back for the next Avengers series. they could use his help defeating Thanos.
>>
>>70488549
Thor 2 says otherwise.
>>
>>70489123
I think OP is referring to movies that are ostensibly about a certain good guy protagonist, but the antagonist is a stronger cultural force that has more to do with putting people in seats at the theater. Horror movies are unabashedly all about the villain.
>>
>>70491618
Really, how? he wasnt a major part of it, apparently people were pissed his cameo in ultron didnt come about. I am perplexed to why loki has so many fangirls.
>>
File: smug mal.png (624 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
smug mal.png
624 KB, 500x650
I don't know about anyone else, but Maleficent was easily the single character that carried "Sleeping Beauty" for me. Same with Chernabog in Fantasia.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.