[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY?????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124 KB, 257x380
Why do people hate the film Ive never heard a good reason?? I loved this film yeah there are problems but not 28 percent on rotten tomatoes bad?
>>
I don't know?????
>>
>>70486374

so what if they do, if you enjoyed it, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>70486374

They just don't like Zack Snyder. They go in looking for things to criticize and don't give the movie a chance.
>>
>>70486394
they never have any good reasons and civil wars ending was a let down in my opinion?
>>
Maybe problems with the structure????? Poor causality joining the events depicted??????? Plotholes galore???????? Poor characterization????????? Trying to build a cinematic universe interrupting the fucking movie to play trailers?????????? I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
>>
>>70486374
Because it's capeshit.
>>
This movie makes children cry

But maybe that's what Zack was going for
>>
File: 1448384747503.jpg (50 KB, 629x529) Image search: [Google]
1448384747503.jpg
50 KB, 629x529
>>70486481
>I need 30 movies just to understand more than one character
>>
>>70486481
literally none of that bothered me don't know if its dc bias but i think he was so true to the characters i was cool with that?? but i did notice it
>>
>>70486580
>>70486580
actually kekd
>>
>>70486481
Point out the plot holes plz
>>
File: resdefualt.jpg (234 KB, 1518x840) Image search: [Google]
resdefualt.jpg
234 KB, 1518x840
>>
From a writing point of view, it's riddled (no pun intended) with problems, such as character motivations, pacing, and grating tonal shifts. Zack Snyder also has a very emotionally disconnected approach to directing, usually prioritizing whatever is "cool" or "dark" over what makes for a good film.

If you can enjoy the film, excellent. Don't give a fuck what others think. Visually, it's amazing, I don't think anyone can knock it for that. But if you're learning about filmmaking, then you should be readily able to tear this film to pieces for all of its flaws.

Essentially, it should and could have been a lot better. Hopefully, the Batfleck solo film will be a humongous improvement.
>>
Describe Clark Kent/Superman, Lois Lane, Alfred, and Lex Luthor, without saying what he looked like or what his profession or role in the movie was.
Describe him as if you were describing him to a person with no comic book knowledge whatsoever.
>>
>>70486696
That really doesn't work here. Lois Lane is probably the only one out of all those that it really applies to.
>>
>>70486683

you know, this image pisses me off but not with BvS 27% score but the fact that posters in here use RT as their basis if something is good or not which as a matter of fact RT was generally hated and dismissed with its scoring and flawed system before BvS
>>
>>70486696
Clark is lost and unsure what his place on the earth is due to the ramped hate he gets in the media

Lois is unsure about how a relationship with a hero will work and is trying to find her self worth

alfred witty mate to aflek

Lex is a genius who hate that superman has more power than him however he is becoming unraveled by the start of the movie
>>
>>70486641
How did Lois know they'd need the spear again?
How did Superman know where Lois was in the Middle East?
How did he know she was in danger?
How could he find Lois and not his mother?
Why would anyone believe that Superman shot people in the Middle East?
How did Luthor find out who Batman and Superman were?
How did Superman figure out who Batman was?
How did batman NOT figure out who Superman was? Was his prep time spent exclusively lifting?
Why didn't Clark say "my mother" instead of Martha?
Why did Luthor ask for access to Zod's body after he shows a video of experiments he had performed on zod's body?
>>
File: _1449504274.jpg (24 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
_1449504274.jpg
24 KB, 600x300
Can someone explain to me batmans vision in the desert? It was cool as fuck but I had no idea why I saw it, why he seen it?

Was that suppose to be visualization of his fear?
>>
>>70486846
pretty much exactly that
>>
>>70486846
its probably flash coming back in time to tell him about darkseid the big bad of dc however it is meant to have multiple connotations
>>
File: Zack Snyder.jpg (263 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
Zack Snyder.jpg
263 KB, 670x377
so let's take into context what Snyder's task are. He is given a task to create a movie that:

1) an origin movie for Justice League
a) this will include scenes and character development for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman
b) have the 3 team up to serve as a basis for Justice League - obviously this has to be a super villain since how can any human stand against 3 superheroes?
c) have that super villain be engineered by human to serve its origin and for connecting with the human personas of Superman and Batman

2. have a continuity to Superman's actions after the Man of Steel - this includes the political aspects of having an uncontrollable god exist in the presence of humans and its spiritual implications as well

3. Introduce Batman and relate him to Superman

4. Be distincly different from Marvel movies - tackle the serious side of having heroes among us

Given this ginormous task, its amazing how Snyder was able to make it all work in his film. To cover all this points would take about 4 - 4 1/2 hours and I feel that if given the freedom Snyder would have done it so. A task of this magnitude would have failed Kubrick but Snyder has done it, although we admit this is not his best work but I would have loved to see what he could have done in a 4 hour epic Director's cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ™.

I'm excited to see more of Snyder's work. I'm not trolling I really do. Even his adapation of The Fountainhead, but I really really wish I could see it in Snyder's intended form. Not getting cut down to what the studio wants. A 4 hour Fountainhead and Justice League and see it in Snyder's vision would be amazing to see.
>>
>>70486692
>it's riddled (no pun intended) with problems
do you know what a pun or a riddle is?
>>
>>70486912
A cartoon did all that in 40 minutes.
>>
>>70486846

I was told that it was the future where Superman mom's was killed which in turn made Superman go bad / got controlled by Darkseid.

My understanding from that it was Bruce's fear that Superman will (and already is) be hailed as a god and humans will eventually bow to him. after all, what can mere mortals do against Superman?
>>
>>70486916
oh shit dude I think you might be retarded sorry you had to find out this way
>>
>>70486912
>Given this ginormous task, its amazing how Snyder was able to make it all work in his film

Except it didn't
>>
>>70486957

wrong. the cartoon only fulfilled 1
>>
because it was complete shit and everyone knows it
fucking contrarians
>>
>>70486965
Yeah I've read that theory what it says is that flash came back in time to tell Bruce but was too early and that's why he says I'm too early find us it's because batman will thinks he's talking about the imidiate effects not the future.
>>
>>70486844

To be fair the US govt found out about a spacecraft in Kansas in MoS. That's a near plot hole in itself
>>
>>70486481
its okay dude ur in luck i heard the ultimate cut fixes those things.

the UC shows superman smiling 24/7 while saving people in gory destruction and they even CGI robots in for batmans scenes so he isn't murdering actual people!!

also added narration to help people understand scenes and character motives better
>>
>>70486844
lois thought pattern "hmm monster from ship hmmm coming back here hmmm yeah that spear will probably sic em"
superman was keeping tabs on her. he knew where she was and was keeping tabs should he intervene
he knew she was in danger because he heard bullets. maybe, i don't know what the reasonable expectation is here
he wasn't expecting his mother to be in danger and she was gagged in a city full of crime, he only saved lois out of luck
how did luthor find out identities? how stupid must you be to list this as a plothole?
superman can see through shit. and was aware of bruce's actions at lex's party
batman didn't give a shit who superman was
save some third person being held hostage. he wasn't trying let batman know about his relationship to her, only that there's some person who's in danger
>luthor ask access
watch more movies
>>
File: 1458525315165.jpg (87 KB, 600x666) Image search: [Google]
1458525315165.jpg
87 KB, 600x666
People don't realize that the main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character say that "the world's too big�. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a structural constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the �abyss� of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.
>>
File: 14610854142037.jpg (760 KB, 1650x1275) Image search: [Google]
14610854142037.jpg
760 KB, 1650x1275
>>70486374
You know why.
>>
>>70487139
>all this shit I'm assuming and isn't established makes me smart and you dumb
Do you enjoy writing fanfiction too?
>>
>>70487200
no thats why i asked are you thick or something??
>>
>>70487015

that's just like your opinion man.
>>
>>70486374
Same as warcraft, not made or funded by disney
>>
>>70486696
clark is a person trying use his occupation as a reporter to affect change in the world for those who are powerless while using his natural gifts to help as many people as he can. he is torn over the reception he gets, because people not only don't like him but they think he is evil. as the movie goes on he struggles with his place in the world wondering if he has one.

lois lane is a person who wants truth while struggling with her relationship to someone with immense potential. she wonders if she holds him back but really is the comfort that enables him to be himself
alfred is an old rational figure who challenges bruce while wanting the best for him. taken aback by bruce's choices and actions because of involvement in what had been their mission against crime for the sake of those who can't defend themselves
lex luthor is an eccentric and intelligent rich boi who is a friend of libraries everywhere. he covets knowledge because through knowledge he finds the means to shape the world in ways he sees fit. everything in his world is a means to a self serving end
>>
>>70487212
>implying shit that isn't implied by my post
i'm describing things that are represented visually in the movie
the only one that can be considered a reach is the scene in which lois goes for the scene only because there is no dialogue or visual representation of her thought process

the way that scene plays out is that all the shit is happening and then we get a shot of her listening to a roar getting nearer in the distance. we see her look down in a pensive glance and then run inside

you're being facetious, as most of what i said is easily explained by the movie
>>
>>70486846
yes and maybe something else too
>>
>>70487632
I saw the thing twice, actually took notes the second time, you're full of shit like all the memers that pretend to enjoy this shit, none of those things are ever stated in-dialogue or shown in any way.
>>
>>70487745
>needing to be this spoonfed

do you ever watch real movies
>>
>>70487845
Fuck off with your tryhard pseudo intellectual shit, you're talking about a comic book movie, a conveyor belt produced toy catalogue.
>>
>>70487745
everything i said is there. perhaps when its available someone will break it down moment by moment and explain

i'm not even trying to convince you to like the movie, i never even said anything about my thoughts on it

your mind is too engrossed in /tv/
>>
>>70487944

> conveyor belt produced toy catalogue.

that's marvel though. you're so used to generic popcorn flicks that when a movie that doesn't spoonfeed you about the plot you go anal about it. pathetic
>>
>>70488155
Spoonfeed? We're talking things that are never established, literal plotholes, just because you can assume a lot of bullshit about the movie because you spent your childhood years reading comic books doesn't mean they're less of a plothole.
>>
>>70486481
>characterization

In a movie.. about Batman.. and Superman..

If you don't know who Batman and Superman are by now then you're literally a child.
>>
>>70488301
>depending on external media to tell a story
This is why Snyder is a hack.
>>
>>70488332
He didn't depend on it to tell the story. He depended on it for the characters. Because, you know, it's Batman and Superman.

You're mad though I can tell.
>>
>>70488436
>a movie about batman and superman can't assert its own importance internally
>this is somehow a good thing for Snyder drones
>>
>>70486481
Literally none of that implies... Did you fuckers actually pay attention
>>
>>70488487
snyder had clear characters with clear motivations and internal processes
not even a fan of snyder
>>
>>70486374
It's too long and has too much unnecessary shit(wonder woman) added in.
>>
>>70486374
this movie had so many great moment and ones were I was like a kid again. 8/10 at least.
>>
>>70488597

as much as it pains you, she has to be included in the movie since its a JL origin movie
>>
>>70488577
>lying
>>
>>70488866
>still mad
>>
>>70486580
BvS had a character in it? You sure? Describe Batman: Gritty, angsty, dark. And Superman? Gritty, angsty, dark.
>>
>>70486374
Shit sandwich.
>>
>>70488894
see
>>70487493
>>
File: High Ground Younglings.png (566 KB, 792x508) Image search: [Google]
High Ground Younglings.png
566 KB, 792x508
>ITT Snyder sympathizers fill plotholes with speculation/headcannon & yell "B-but Civil War" every 5 posts

Neat
>>
>>70488894
Batman: unsure of his identity, desperate to make a difference and believes he's made none in 20 years. Cynical and more psychotic as a result

Superman: torn between what he should do and the way people look upto him as a God each time he does. Trying to find a place in the world
>>
I understand your pain and confusion. This short video might shed some light on the audience's (and, indeed, critics') few issues that kept it from being sheer perfection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
>>
>>70488894
You forgot
>both mass murdering psychopaths
>>
>>70489017
yours is the second post out of 63 to mention that movie
>>
>>70488894
>Superman? Gritty, angsty, dark.

Marvpleb please leave
>>
>>70489043
>audience's issues
Good to know WB is blaming their consumer base for their failures, I'll reconsider watching anything by them ever again.
>>
File: ok.jpg (10 KB, 215x276) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
10 KB, 215x276
>>70488894
Did you watch the movie mate? Or can you not understand multi-layered characters?
>>
>>70486374

Disney shills were paid to go on full attack

They can't risk other studios to take the capeshit market away from them
>>
>>70489037
Two problems. One, the description of Batman also applies to Superman. Second, Superman has already had MOS to confront his issues. The upbeat guy at the end is gone here to increduosly advance the plot.
>>
>>70489134
>multi-layered
Do contrarian snyderkino memesters know no shame?
>>
>>70489117
damn.
religion does that shit too
thanks for making it click for me
>>
>>70489043
Ok that video was pretty fucking funny. Well done Marvelcuck
>>
>>70487493
>>70488965
This reads like it came from the Ayn Rand School of Characterization; not sure why you're defending it.
>>
>>70489147

>confront his issues

sure. how about the issues and implications of the destruction that happened after MoS and the implication of a literal god living among humans? can't just leave it to quips right? or just gloss it over like how in marvel a fucking city gets destroyed and on the next movie its as if nothing happens?
>>
4K torrent when?

Director's cut when?

sequel when?
>>
File: b8m8.jpg (25 KB, 419x141) Image search: [Google]
b8m8.jpg
25 KB, 419x141
>>70489181
>Making fun of memes by using memes...

Wot?

Would love to hear why you didnt like it ese. Unless of course all you know is memespeak
>>
>>70489059
Aw, heck, that goes without saying. Heroism is a fickle friend, indeed, Harry.
>>
>>70489147
> One, the description of Batman also applies to Superman.
No it doesn't. Superman isn't a psychopath nor is he cynical

>Second, Superman has already had MOS to confront his issues. The upbeat guy at the end is gone here to increduosly advance the plot.

Not really, mos was just the start of his story. The superman in bvs is concerned with the god worshipping he receives and is reluctant to save as a result. He's also struggling with his father's sentiments as regards to what he should be
>>
>>70486844
literally every superhero movie ever made has a list of minor plot holes about this big, still does not explain why critics pissed their pants over this movie except for the fact that Snyder's name was attached to it
>>
>>70489059

i don't have a problem with Batman killing people. in fact he should be killing people to make a statement. the no kill rule is retarded
>>
>>70489231
don't know anything about rand other than her being hated by people for reasons

and this is a whole other topic anway
seems to me to be adequately portrayed personalites
>>
>>70489418
Maybe Snyder should focus on a tighter screenplay before jerking off to his inane symbolism in every frame, maybe critics would like him better then.
>>
>>70486844
Literally can all be explained by watching the movie again. Come back soon.
>>
>>70489486

read >>70486912. there's too many things for snyder to do in his movie. studio has to cut the movie for adhd kids like you.
>>
>>70489503
I'm beginning to think either people were literally to retarded to understand the movie or they simply weren't paying attention
>>
>>70486641
Why would Lex use his own personal bullets while trying to secretly frame someone when normal bullets have been killing people just fine for ages?
>>
>>70489534
Did you miss the reply where they BTFO that anon showing that they did the same thing in a 40 minute cartoon without the structure suffering because of it or interrupting the thing to show trailers?
>>
>>70489573
Right?! They should all buy another ticket.
>>
>>70489603
Or just keep thier brains switched on
>>
>>70489587
except that's not true at all
>>
>>70489587

are you really that stupid to see that the cartoon did not fulfill the 4 FUCKING FOUR items that was listed in there? for fuck's sake watch it again
>>
>>70489111
Come on now. Red screaming alien eyes in every poster, living as a God presiding over his pseudo-Nazi cult in the trailers? And angst? Oh lawd, yes, he was looking for comfort from Amy Adams' breast like Kurt Cobain going to Courtney Love for solace.
>>
>>70489134
Maybe you're right. Are these the three tiers:

1. Gritty
2. Angsty
3. Dark
>>
File: 1461531323178.png (63 KB, 249x252) Image search: [Google]
1461531323178.png
63 KB, 249x252
>>70489765
>missing the point this badly
>>
>>70489191
HOLY SHIT CAN SNYDER GET ANY DEEPER?
>>
>>70489137
Ain't gotta pay me to know when I'm eating a shit sandwich.
>>
>>70489765
>a few seconds takes precedence over everything else

just admit you're here to get the thread up in flames
>>
File: Superman - Hype.jpg (368 KB, 1024x1197) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Hype.jpg
368 KB, 1024x1197
>>70486374
Virtually every criticism of this film at least potentially originates from two sources:

1) Editing
2) Too accustomed to having transparent characters and villains

I love this movie and I am HYPE for the director's cut.
>>
>>70486374
its def a fuck you I liked it movie. dont try to reason why you liked it with other people let them hate it enjoy it anon.
>>
>>70489887
You can think bvs was shit, just don't make up bullshit reasons
>>
>>70489304
It fails because that plot line was never intended. Ironically just like the perpetually retconned DC comic universe (the new reboot issue #1s land THIS VERY FUCKING WEEK, by the way), they responded directly to fan complaints of MOS and rebooted the concept to reflect that! It's just hilarious to watch.

You really think I wanted Batman and Superman to fail? I fucking read all the source material Snyder butchered and the cinematic universe will never, NEVER get those stories back. He's cannibalized it and you.
>>
>>70489963
fucking love this poster
that paint tier photoshop is fucking ass tho
>>
>>70490064
So what do you love about that poster?
>>
>>70489191
The BvS crowd are the same guys as the atheist fedora set? Color me surprised...
>>
>>70490030
>It fails because that plot line was never intended.
Wtf do you mean?

>Ironically just like the perpetually retconned DC comic universe (the new reboot issue #1s land THIS VERY FUCKING WEEK, by the way), they responded directly to fan complaints of MOS and rebooted the concept to reflect that! It's just hilarious to watch.
Isn't that a good thing? They address fan issues also they did the same thing for civil war. again, Why is this a bad thing?

>You really think I wanted Batman and Superman to fail? I fucking read all the source material Snyder butchered and the cinematic universe will never, NEVER get those stories back. He's cannibalized it and you.

You sound like a reactionary faggot tbhwyfam
>>
>>70490220
Atheist, but no hats.

But we're on 4chan, so we both lose
>>
>>70489137

let marvel have their capeshit. people are getting tired of their generic popcorn filth anyway. hell someone made a guide on how to make a marvel movie in 7 steps

http://www.hypable.com/how-to-write-every-marvel-movie-ever/

i really think they should release Infinity sooner since capeshit genre is getting tired already.
>>
>>70490030

>the plot line was never intended

wtf? the MoS destruction directly ties to Batman since its one of his buildings got destroyed
>>
>>70489321
1. Superman isn't Superman. He is a cold, overpowered alien that, for all the people its implied he saves, he isn't a hero. He is at best a bully.
2. Batman too is a bully; hitting Superman with a kitchen sink was anathema to me.
3. Wonder Woman. The only upbeat thing in the flick was her deus ex machina endgame appearance and a PS4-grade guitar lick. Not since Yoda pulled out a lightsaber from this pair of Depends have I seen such a cheap, unearned dish of shit sandwich fan service.

So, yeah, damn right I mad!
>>
>>70486692
The riddler wasnt even in the film you fucking autist
>>
>>70489399
Not buying it.
>>
>>70489452
Those aren't personalities, those are conflicts.
>>
>>70489311
Director's cut Bluray is scheduled for July 19th, last I heard.
>>
>>70489851
It's not Superman. It does not work. It's pseudo-intellectualism at best. No one wants it.
>>
>>70490490
>1. Superman isn't Superman. He is a cold, overpowered alien that, for all the people its implied he saves, he isn't a hero. He is at best a bully.
nigger please.
how come a guy from kansas can be prepared for becoming next messiah?

>2. Batman too is a bully; hitting Superman with a kitchen sink was anathema to me.
batman is a bully
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfsAK3fIQo
>>
>>70489897
MOS was the origin story. Superman truly appears at the end. The pressure is on to create a cinematic universe, and they go back to square 1. He isn't a god, he's just powerful.
>>
File: saving lives 2.png (1 MB, 1250x734) Image search: [Google]
saving lives 2.png
1 MB, 1250x734
>>70490490
>He is a cold, overpowered alien that, for all the people its implied he saves, he isn't a hero.
>>
>>70489585
Those personal bullets were absolutely untraceable. If Swanwick hadn't suffered from an attack of the guilts, Lois would have hit a brick wall in her investigation.

Having watched some of the world-building in MoS's special features, I'm now aware that LexCorp had access to k-tech salvaged during the cleanup in Metropolis as well as at least some access to the dropship Zod left behind in the Arctic. It's looking increasingly likely that those bullets were being field-tested for their effectiveness against Superman himself. I and other fans are hoping the extended Nairomi battle sheds more light on their purpose.
>>
>>70486683
Thats ben affleck for ya
>>
>>70489994
That comment was addressing the people that think Disney is paying people to think it was shit. People think that free of charge.

If you keep supporting it, you'll either get nothing or you'll get more of the same. Hold them accountable for pissing on years of great source material.
>>
>>70490755
So you're only argument is

>it's not Superman I grew up with

>It does not work. It's pseudo-intellectualism at best. No one wants it

All pre conceived notions based on your aforementioned bias. Gotchu senpai
>>
>>70490127
There are three things about it that move me.

1. Gritty
2. Angsty
3. Dark

If I were to add a 4th, probably I'd go with 4. Mature.
>>
>>70490127
the color, the placement center frame, the sort of standing up posture and of course the red glow in the eyes

probably some golden ratio shit going on that makes it aesthetically satisfying regardless of it being superman ™
>>
>>70490323
Ha!
>>
>>70490064
Yeah, the shoop's pretty bad, but I liked the sentiment.
>>
>>70490250
When Snyder and Goyer or whatshisname released that shit, they didn't expect the backlash on the destruction; I believe they used that backlash as the premise of the extended universe--forced to, not by choice.

I think it's terrible to continually reboot. It's a position of weakness, not strength. DC continually does either origin stories or epic crossovers. It just sucks, man.

Ha, I might be reactionary, but Snyder has taken all the best setpieces from years of great material. Whether it's perfect or not, Daredevil has done amazing translations of the Miller years, but Snyder just raped the Batman Miller stuff for a visual payoff. Those stories won't make it to the big screen, and its a shame.
>>
>>70491042
oh.
>>
>>70490220
I love these movies and I'm sort of an unaffiliated Christian.
>>
>>70490395
WB and the production team did not expect the massive fan backlash on the destruction. It forced their hand, they pivoted, and 3 years and 3 hours later Batman hits Superman over the head with a kitchen sink. Asinine.
>>
>>70486453
Civil war ending
>haha I wasnt going to release these super strong people who have been hyped up for half the movie! no no no, my plan along was to make you do the very thing you've been doing the entire time !!! arent I of being an evol genious!!
>>
>>70490768
Please address me as nigga, not nigger.

Superman is no messiah, he's just powerful. Messiah's are about the afterlife, Mr Snyder, not intergalactic space bullies who don't understand collateral damage.

Ha, you're right about Bats, I'm with you there.
>>
>>70490220
a few things
>that post in in response to a post about wb blaming consumer base
>the post you replied to connects that to something
>both obviously antisnyder
so you're already blatantly wrong, but furthermore
>obviously not a fedora post as fedora is vastly in reference to christianity, my post was making light about a superficial tendency in religions

i'm not going to say you're stupid all the time, but at least here, for just this moment, you've unequivocally been shows to be jumping to unfounded conclusions opposite of what is implied by the post
>>
>>70491383
With all due respect, that's headcanon of its own. I respect your right to your opinion, but by taking that stance, it weakens any criticisms you might have of what other people are calling the fans' headcanon of things actually presented in the films as well as the prequel comics and special features, all essentially still actual in-universe canon unless or until contradicted by the films themselves.
>>
>>70490910
you don't need to watch MoS special features to know about lex and kryptonian tech

his introductory scene where he talks about kryptonite with the senator has him talking about his crews picking stuff up
>>
>>70490853
Bud, you can tell me to watch End of Evangelion, and I might fall for that. But if at the end of it I'm not shown a damn thing and all the action is implied, did it really happen? Was it really there? Snyder needs to EARN TRUST, and he just can't do it. These pics might as well have been from the Supergirl tv show, how the hell would I know without pausing a movie that hasn't hit Blu Ray yet?
>>
>>70491235
?
>>
>>70491233
that's not a continuity reboot, because nothing in the continuity changed

the only thing that could possibly be afterthought is the connection to bruce, that's it
>>
File: Superman Flood Rescue.jpg (40 KB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
Superman Flood Rescue.jpg
40 KB, 1280x533
>>70491545
He's not a messiah. That's the point. He's just a hero that is so powerful that normal people keep trying to make a god out of him. Fun fact: he's not just presented as a savior deity like Jesus, but as a solar deity and to a lesser extent, a sky deity and a storm deity, Lex even mentions two other light/sun gods in association with Clark during his fake-out monologue on the tower.

Pic related.
>>
>>70486692
>it's riddled (no pun intended) with problems
I cringed really badly at this
>>
>>70491006
I understand. And if it worked, I would applaud it. It doesnt' work. It is reboot culture. There may be some symbolism in BvS, but there is no story. Why else do the supporters throw the word kino around? Story is implied.

All DC can seem to do in either print or moving pictures is to reboot and retell the same story with edgier and edgier filters.

Why reinvent the wheel? Who doesn't want to be inspired by Superman? What you bet even Cavill secretly wishes he could hero it out after 5 hours of cinematic footage.
>>
>>70491661
That's true. I just assumed he was talking specifically about that shard of kryptonite they found.
>>
>>70491545
go and watch Batman The Dark Knight Returns part 1 and 2
>>
>>70491545
>Messiah's are about the afterlife
not necessarily
in and outside of judaism and christianity there have been many figures who somehow liberate or save a certain group of people.
superman fulfills that archetype, which is the point, superman and other characters and these stories all have archetypal elements to them, snyder just doesn't obscure these archetypes
>>
>>70491604
>actual in-universe canon unless or until contradicted by the films themselves.
>contradicted by the films
which has not happened yet
>>
>>70486641
what the fuck was Lex gonna do with doomsday if he killed superman and batman?
It's not like he can control him. Fuck man Doomsday tried killing Lex AT BIRTH, what the fuck was Lex gonna do after Doomday won?
>>
>>70491980
Exactly right, meaning that all the extended content is still valid world-building.
>>
File: image.jpg (643 KB, 2325x1584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
643 KB, 2325x1584
>>70486683
>>70486820
>>
>people go out to watch the Nolan Batman movies in droves
>Green Lantern is an enormous flop
>DC gets the idea that, by all accounts, dark and serious movies are ideal
>they make a dark Superman, like what they thought everyone wanted
>people start saying "NOT MUH SUPERMAN" despite them never having read a comic book in their life

The average movie goer is awful.
>>
>>70491846
kino is just some meme people throw around

as far as inspiration? i found the story to be pretty inspirational. going forward in the face of doubt, no one person should have all our hopes and dreams, we're all in it together and so on

and despite the shitposting, i think the movie is anti theist. we shouldn't look to the sky for savior to fix everything for us, hope should be an internal impetus by and for every one of us
>>
>>70486912
He might have done a great job considering the stupid shit he was trying to cram in, the point is it's a film crammed full of stupid shit.

Look at how the MCU was built up. They started with a cosplaying billionaire inventor. Then they moved into normies that gained powers via science, then getting more crazy with Norse gods, then talking trees in space, next it's magic and shit. By the time By the time Infinity War hits it will seem perfectly natural to have a raccoon and a secret agent being thrown by a giant at a god with a power glove.

DC went from super strong alien to a whole bunch of stupid sounding shit in one step.

Nope.
>>
>>70486586
A lot of the characterizations are just flat out wrong, mainly because Snyder wants them to
>>
>>70487745
I've seen the movie 4 times, but I picked all of the answers to your questions on the first viewing. You're whole viewing experience will be nothing but trite if you seriously don't get some appreciation for context clues and visual cues and dialogue. Like really, this is embarrassing.
>>
>>70492223
this

i'm seriously curious what will they do to the flash...
because to be absolutely honest quicksilver scene in new xmen is gold
>>
File: The Gospel of Snyder.jpg (3 MB, 3943x3174) Image search: [Google]
The Gospel of Snyder.jpg
3 MB, 3943x3174
>>70492065
There's a lot of evidence that he only released him when he did because he realized his goose was cooked as soon as Bruce was on the other end of that phone call.

Read these numbered posts if you're interested in hearing a fan's take on how Lex really expected things to go. I think it drops the ball somewhat in explaining how Lex thought he knew Supes would deliver, but otherwise, it's pretty much exactly what I think.

I don't agree with every last little thing in this cap, but a lot of it is at least interesting.
>>
File: 1483402039348.jpg (3 KB, 201x77) Image search: [Google]
1483402039348.jpg
3 KB, 201x77
For some reason the people that hated it are really loud. At this point a better way to assess the public's reception is with youtube as ridiculous as that sounds. Pic related, Ultimate Cut trailer that came out 3 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AO19XY2rqc

80% approval sounds about right.
Compare it with the Ghostbusters trailers to see what practically universal disapproval looks like.
>>
>>70492372
>lying to force a meme
Seek help
I actually mean it, seek help.
>>
Is liking BvS the continuation of the prequels meme?

I don't understand how anyone other than a contrarian would enjoy this clusterfuck of a film
>>
so let's take into context what the Russo's task are. He is given a task to create a movie that:

1) an origin movie for Spider-Man AND Black Panther
a) this will include scenes and character development for Black Panther, Peter Parker, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, Wanda Maximoff, Vision, Zemo, Natasha Romanoff, and James Rhodes
b) have the entire group of established heroes fight - obviously this has to be an internal conflict since they've already fought and united against two threats before
c) have the only villain be a direct result of the Avenger's recklessness, creating a personal demon with very compelling and unorthodox plans to defeat the heroes

2. have a continuity to Bucky's actions after the Winter Soldier - this includes the political aspects of having an uncontrollable assassin exist in the presence of humans and whether or not he can really be held accountable for his actions

3. Introduce Black Panther and relate him to the Winter Soldier

4. Be distincly different from DC movies - tackle the serious side of having heroes suffering consequences while still being fun and easy to understand

Given this ginormous task, its amazing how the Russos were able to make it all work in his film. To cover all this points would take about 4 - 4 1/2 hours and yet they did in in 2 hours and thirty minutes. A task of this magnitude would have failed Kubrick but the Russos have done it.

I'm excited to see more of the Russo's work. I'm not trolling I really do.
>>
>>70492223
>laughably cartoonish or grimdark are the only two options
>>
>>70492444
Man that's how they should've marketed it in the first place.
>>
>>70492484
Contrarians. Same reason people here shit on Daniel Craig's bond.
>>
>>70492492
DCucks BTFO
>>
>>70492444
delete this shit, you're not doing your 'argument' any favors
>>
File: Superman - Jonathan.jpg (476 KB, 1527x1367) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Jonathan.jpg
476 KB, 1527x1367
>>70492223
You know what I find interesting about that?

I think maybe Snyder and his team accurately read the public and(while probably not in the studio's best interest) used the cultural footprint of characters like Superman and Pa Kent to do something sort of remarkable.

Think of how efficiently Jonathan's little bit of screentime is used to evoke these emotional responses and how they're totally in-line with a "birth" story about Superman.
>>
>>70492484
It pretty much is a meme to like bvs. Just people who hyped themselves up too much. They're still trying to convince themselves it's a good movie. Its Phantom Menace syndrome. They'll come to thier senses in a year or so
>>
>>70492289

from the perspective of Warner, they have to do it.

Marvel was first in the capeshit, so of course they set the standards. They've taken a huge huge lead in their universe having 2 Avenger movies plus Civil War. Warner is forced to play catch up, and the only way they could do that is try to get their universe not that far lagging behind to have some semblance of catcthing up. let's face it, people are getting tired of capeshit, sooner or later the well is gonna run dry so Warner has to finish their universe at the same time as Marvel does to have their piece of the pie. Tying in MoS with JL had to be done, sure it was a bit sloppy but it was a corporate decision
>>
>>70486374

> Why do people hate this film ?

Hmm I don't know... maybe because it is fucking terrible ?
>>
I've seen the movie as little as 3 times but I am an expert of it and understand every aspect of it!

It's a sophisticated and complex film!
>>
>>70492648
It's pretty much WBs fault. There were flash movies and WW movies in development throughout the 2000s but the higher ups didn't give enough of a shit. So they let those projects die. Now it's come to bite them in the ass. They have to rush out all these characters and they fumbled hard because of it
>>
>>70492800
>how do you know it's shit? You just bit it once!
>finish, then eat another ten of those and maybe then you can say it's shit
DC truly stands for Damage Control
>>
>>70492492
>The 12th movie in a series balances elements more gracefully than the 2nd in a series

Thanks for writing all that out I guess tho
>>
>>70492456
I'm another guy who's watched it multiple times, and it seems I'm still finding stuff that I missed on previous viewings.
>>
>>70492886
You sure do, anon, everyone should see this movie at least ten times! Also ten cents have just been deposited to your paypal account!
>>
File: 1458850749985.jpg (557 KB, 1552x979) Image search: [Google]
1458850749985.jpg
557 KB, 1552x979
I bet Marvel taught you that quips mean something, that you're here for laughs. Snyder taught me a different lesson, dying in the rotten ratings for no reason at all. He taught me that the kino only makes sense if you force it to.
>>
>>70486683
I wish i could send this image back in time to about a month before the movie released
>>
>>70492484
I love MoS and BvS, but think the prequels were a flaming toilet on a garbage heap. Not a huge fan of TFA, either, but still appreciate it more than the prequels.
>>
File: 1464411696819.jpg (118 KB, 631x638) Image search: [Google]
1464411696819.jpg
118 KB, 631x638
>>70486374
>>
File: FnFgoLs.jpg (134 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
FnFgoLs.jpg
134 KB, 778x1018
>>70492977
>I love MoS and BvS
>>
File: 1459018839521.jpg (40 KB, 274x260) Image search: [Google]
1459018839521.jpg
40 KB, 274x260
>>70492977
>I think the prequels were a flaming toilet on a garbage
>>
>>70486481
BACK THE FUCK OFF???
>>
File: Superman - Bulletproof.jpg (58 KB, 582x317) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Bulletproof.jpg
58 KB, 582x317
>>70492954
If you can hate it for free, I can love it for free. Deal?
>>
>>70493110
Deal, you're not getting paid.
I still think the movie is shit though.
>>
>>70493205
And on that note, we can agree to disagree.
>>
File: BatsWins.jpg (132 KB, 1080x771) Image search: [Google]
BatsWins.jpg
132 KB, 1080x771
>>70492957
Let me ask you. Do you find it at all odd that there's actually someone out there so devoted in their hate for a franchise that they take time to make images like that?

Hate is not the opposite of love. Indifference is.
>>
this'll probably get ridiculed by this sentiment doesn't get expressed enough on this website in general

i don't say what i say about the movie to front or otherwise protect some emotional stake. i saw on it on a whim and was into it because it played things more or less straight while also acknowledging and making use of these characters' archetypal aspects all while giving things a sort of operatic grand majestic vibe

i'm not trying to bullshit anyone on anything. this movie touched on an aesthetic satisfaction that fantasy movies haven't clicked for me in a long time

don't misconstrue what i'm saying. all i'm saying is that the movie is a work of art/media/culture that gets my interest because of the things under the specific ip being used
>>
>>70493473
>make images like that
5 screenshots thrown together in Paint? What kind of kino do you think it is?
>>
>>70493565
Only that they searched down specific moments that convey facial expressions that make the subjects appear downcast, probably frame-advanced to get precisely what they were looking for, screencapped it, and shopped them all together. It's not exactly herculean effort, but it's more time than I'd devote to trashing something I didn't like.
>>
>>70493817
It's a joke Ben, please don't bomb anything.
>>
>>70487072
And Pa Kent taking the material to a...jeweler I think it was, who told him the stuff was one of a kind, unlike anything on earth, then apparently developed amnesia right afterwards since never told anyone.
>>
>>70493883

die infidel
>>
>>70493999
metallurgist at kansas state
that not being revealed in a big socially relevant way is not amnesia
>>
>>70494300
Either way it's still pretty dumb. That's basically the biggest find of the century Pa Kent walks in with and apparently not a single person ever mentioned it again.

Fuck, make that be how Lex finds out his secret identity. He was digging up any info he can on Superman when he finds some old post on a metallurgy forum or something about a magic space metal one of his coworkers apparently saw in Smallville, and he traces the leads back to Pa Kent.
>>
>>70495142
that shit happens in comics all the time
unless you want a scene where that's played out and the guy acquiesces to jonathan's requests to keep it secret

i don't see how these things *have* to be explicitly shown
>>
>>70495142
I defend the DCEU pretty hard, but I agree this scene was pretty dumb.
The movie was all about "How will the world react to superman" and the first chance they get to really show someone reacting (albeit indirectly) they completely blow it. Kinda took me out of it for a little bit, granted not too long though.
>>
>>70490910
>Those personal bullets were absolutely untraceable. If Swanwick hadn't suffered from an attack of the guilts, Lois would have hit a brick wall in her investigation.

But why would Lex not just use regular bullets if he was going to use them on normal fucking people and not want to get caught?
>>
>>70495720
The quick answer is we don't know. I very strongly suspect that it's detail that was lost on the cutting room floor that the director's cut will restore. Personally, I think they might have been field-testing them to gauge their effectiveness against Superman and just didn't feel the need to swap out ammo.

When I first saw it, I thought maybe Intergang was putting in an appearance, especially having heard the rumors about Darkseid.
>>
>>70492403
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
>>
File: 1574333477120.jpg (19 KB, 375x392) Image search: [Google]
1574333477120.jpg
19 KB, 375x392
>>70486481
ayy
this is the plebbiest post I've seen in months
>>
>>70497245
the only reason the lex bullet becomes a thing is because shrapnel gets caught in lois' journal
otherwise, no evidence at all
also you're forgetting about lois' scenes with swanwick
lex even references this when he asks here "you know something about lexcorp metals don't you miss lane"
"i've proven what you've done"
"wow you're feisty. unfortunately that'll blow away like sand in the desert"
>>
>>70486481
is this a new meme????
>>
>>70486374
HELP ME GUYS... I long believed this movie was the best but recently my mind is telling me it is very mediocre..

PLEASE help me still have faith in it...
>>
>>70497578
Yeah, because Swanwick wouldn't corroborate on record. Without him, Lois's investigation would have dried up completely. Anyone else would have just been left with a bullet that was weird, but no one could tell them where it came from.

That would also be true of normal rounds, I think, but that's also why I think they were testing their effectiveness against Superman, but we didn't get to see it in the theatrical cut.
>>
>>70498468
I'd say it's about a 7/10 as-is. That's one of the reasons I have such high hopes for the director's cut.
>>
>>70486846
>>70486875
>>70486899
>>70486965
>>70487677

I believe that Bruce's dream happened as a side effect of the Flash's time travel, that what he witnessed was basically the events that directly lead to his death in that timeline.

Flash probably wasn't able to physically cross into the past, and if that's the case, it would be a really smart move.
>>
>>70486374
people just waited 3 years and expected the movie to be great
but disappointed with the dumb plot, worst editing, hollow character developments, and more flaws that can pick than other marvel movies
it's not like Fant4stic that people expected to be bad and came out bad
>>
>>70499797
the whole brain timeline meld thing
some comic writer or animated director got hype over it and said something to that affect
>>
>>70497470
>likes radiohead
You were talking about yours? I agree
>>
File: zl66w2.jpg (213 KB, 1220x610) Image search: [Google]
zl66w2.jpg
213 KB, 1220x610
HOLY FUCK!!!

THE SPEAR BATS TRIES TO KILL SUPERMAN WITH....IS ROBINS SPEAR WITH KRYPTONITE AT THE TOP

WHAT COULD THIS NEW REVELATION POSSIBLY MEAN ????

EVERY DAY THERES NO SYMBOLISM BEING REVEALED!!!

THE ULTIMATE KINO
>>
>>70486374
If Zack Snyder know how to firm a 2 hours movie instead a 4 hours movie
it might be good
>>
File: existentialcrisis-compressor.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
existentialcrisis-compressor.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>70486374
>mfw most of these armchair critics on /tv/ will hate anything that is just fun
I am a learned pastry chef but I can still enjoy a cheap Popsicle I bought from a supermarket
>>
>>70500444
trips of truth
>>
File: 14633846362975.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3182) Image search: [Google]
14633846362975.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3182
>>70486374
dunno
looks like kino to me
>>
>>70486374
People don't love their mothers and don't understand that hearing the name of your dead mother while under immense stress could make you re-evaluate things.

Only degenerates dislike the film.
>>
>>70502551
it's a triumph
>>
File: 1436895688859.gif (621 KB, 300x175) Image search: [Google]
1436895688859.gif
621 KB, 300x175
>>70486374
Take it away Meme Blob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKDtoBR-2M
>>
File: 1422656851920.gif (2 MB, 245x360) Image search: [Google]
1422656851920.gif
2 MB, 245x360
>>70505411
Literally 2deep4him
>>
>>70507254
such a swell guy. He's a good (albeit a little lukewarm) Supes trapped under a shit director
>>
>>70507370
I can't wait for his next appearance. He's gonna be full-on Supes at long last, and I believe it's going to be magnificent.
>>
>>70486374
I had a dream a couple of night back that I saw the extended version and thought it was good.
Is this the real life, is this just fantasy?
>>
File: 6kILNHS.gif (2 MB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
6kILNHS.gif
2 MB, 200x300
>>70486481
Marvel movies have literally the same problems, but no one complains about them
>>
>>70487166
i bet you're not even a continental you ivory tower analytic shitposting scum
>>
>>70488301
>If you don't know who Batman and Superman are by now then you're literally a child.

I know who Batman and Superman are. I have no clue who murder-man and mopey-frowny are though.
>>
>>70508999
thought experiments based on the same premise but played straight compared to other manifestations?
>>
>>70488234
but there are no plot holes. A character not explaining their actions is not a plot hole. Why is it so hard to believe that Superman, a being with SUPER HEARING AND SUPER SIGHT, could find Lois when she was in danger? And why is it hard to believe that Lois though the spear might be useful?
>>
Just a passer by with a friendly reminder that if you dislike BvS you are a pleb degenerate

On July 19th when the Ultimate Cut comes out, if you still dislike it, then you will be a deranged pleb degenerate who shits themeselves just as Chris Evans does
>>
File: 1463014160543.jpg (2 MB, 1919x2323) Image search: [Google]
1463014160543.jpg
2 MB, 1919x2323
>>70491666
Superman literally stopped a super virus and shifted tectonic plates to prevent an earthquake. All his heroism was there, dont be made just because you missed it.
>>
>>70509186
because why couldn't he find martha? (even if he had no idea she was in danger until after it was revealed to him)
lol lois threw the spear away when it was totally unnecessary to do so (even if it be appropriate to criticize her logic as an individual and not the script for relaying a certain individual committing to certain actions without knowledge of what is going to happen in a few minutes)
>>
>>70509317
what, Lois threw it away because it was hurting Clark. Then she realized that they might need it and went to get it. Why is that so hard for you to understand. Also what do you mean, who couldn't find Martha? No one had any trouble finding her.
>>
>>70509364
bro read my post again and ask yourself about the meaning of the statements in parentheses
>>
>>70509417
but Lois is smart, she knew that shit was going down at the Kryptonian ship, so it was probably something Kryptonian related. Also again, no one had any trouble finding Martha.
>>
>>70493473
We don't really hate BvS. Its just like any other bad movie just to us with some additional wasted potential.

We just love rubbing your smug, pseudo-intellectual noses in the fact that the movie you settled all of your hopes on was a complete debacle.
>>
>>70509464
you're a moron
>>
>>70509533
good job actually explaining your point bro
>>
>>70486374
Critics are sheep. If 20% hates the movie the rest will follow.
>>
My entire thing is that this could've been separate movies. Make Batman vs Superman the first one because everyone has been literally waiting for two heroes with different ideals fight it out. Then, make the start of the Justice league and call that "Dawn of Justice". Later, they could've done the Doomsday storyline and make it have weight to it, having the entire Justice League be sad of supes' "death". But nope, had to do it in one film.
>>
File: Castanza Future.jpg (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Castanza Future.jpg
62 KB, 640x640
>>70509533
oh i see you were agreeing with me, im sorry, im really tired. I am a moron.
>>
>>70509565
but thats like every superhero movie. The first Cap movie is Cap's origin, and Bucky's origin, and Bucky's death, and the introduction and final battle of Red Skull.

Civil War is Black Panther's intro, Spider-Man's intro, Rhodey being crippled, explores the relationship of Wanda and Vision, is about the political issues surrounding superheroes (lol not really), and about a split between Cap and Tony, as well as the super hero community. Any of these could have been their own movie too, but they weren't
>>
>>70509540
thanks. don't know how much clearer i could've gotten
why didn't he find martha?
>because we had last seen clark out alone, so when we see him again and lois says 'you came back' the reasonable conclusion is that he made it just in time to hear lois in danger falling from a tower in a city, afterwards he's warned against looking for martha so it's also reasonable to think that he didn't try to hard to risk losing her
why did lois throw the spear?
>she wanted to hide it/get rid of it. a more cogent argument would be to ask why didn't she think of another way to hide it, why did she have to dump it in the water when she could have put in the rubble and leveraged herself to put rocks over it to make it hard for anyone other than superman to uncover it. of course, none of this really matters since the scene itself plays out as her just stumbling across the water and throwing it in.
>all of this doesn't matter since she couldn't have known the spear would have been needed in the near future, which she intuits by roar+big monster headed this way+hey earlier there was that weird shit going on at the ship shown by her reacting to the roar by looking down in a pensive processing type of facial expression
>>
>>70486374
Erratic script, dour characters with nonsense motivations, confusing editing and 30 minutes of dull cgi punching at the end
>>
>>70486820
what is flawed about its system?
>>
>>70509628
Difference is that Civil War did those things and still not feel as bloated as BvS. People have be waiting for years for someone to create a movie where these two figures for different ideals battle it out.
>>
File: B^U.jpg (7 KB, 186x213) Image search: [Google]
B^U.jpg
7 KB, 186x213
>>70486912
>A task of this magnitude would have failed Kubrick but Snyder has done it
holy shit
you're not even being ironic are you

DC autists blow my mind
>>
>>70509739
misleading, not necessarily accurate ie agendas/niche groups w irrational praise/shit, the idea of percentage itself is not a barometer of quality not technically and not in itself etc etc etc
>>
>>70509787
I disagree. CW suffered from a fair share of bloat all its own, and while the Panther's introduction was handled well, Spider-Man's felt forced to me, and it had the added disadvantage of making Tony come off as massively hypocritical.
>>
>>70509869
So the system is flawed because you're too retarded to read what the barometer measures?

If anything if mitigates the irrational hate/praise by limiting reviewers to two options, fresh or rotten. You don't have retards who can drop in and spam 10/10 or 0's because of their ideological leanings.

If BvS is a shitty enough movie that 73% of the people who watched it regretted doing so, it says something about the film.
>>
>>70509970
>and it had the added disadvantage of making Tony come off as massively hypocritical.
how so?
>>
>>70510004
i wasn't talking about bvs, yeah i know that's the thread topic
and i explicitly mentioned the limits of the barometer to actually mean anything other than what you stated, which still comes across as a value judgement which again, goes back to who are the people making these reviews, are they people with insight? knowledge we trust and so on
>>
>>70492648
I don't think they need to play catch up. Just release two (maybe three) good films per year that build towards the universe. That's all they'd be doing if a wider universe was in place anyway.

You could say that building the universe is the easier bit. Origin stories and sequels is what Hollywood has done for decades. Films like Avengers or Civil War are a much more difficult proposition. They're really starting to creek onder the weight of all the characters they have to keep in play.
>>
>>70510027
He's all pro-registration because he thinks they need to be put in check, then just as soon as he needs to, he breaks the agreement he himself signed, convinces a 15-year-old minor to leave the country illegally, designs him gear to help further his anonymous, illegal vigilante actions, and has him participate in a "battle" illegally as non-signer of the accords.

I get that it shows him as being conflicted, but it would have been nice to not see him turn his back the instant he finds the accords to be counter to his needs. It comes across in-plot as him being a hypocrite and leaves people in the know with the impression of, "Hey, lets shoehorn Spider-Man since we got the chance."
>>
>>70510276

they need to mate. just look at this - Marvel releases 2 or 3 capeshits a year - thats just for them, so DC releases 2 capes as well, add to that other movies like sci-fi, fantasy, etc, and you're having a movie view fatigue. its not cheap watching movies and seeing caped heroes fight every couple of months gets tiring and repetitive. hell, you might not even watch all of those capeshits and you're getting tired from it just by social media alone
>>
>>70509970
I am not disagreeing that CW isn't bloated, it is, but it is no where near bloated as BvS.
>>
>>70510356
By that logic, lite beer, cigarettes, and fast food are on the way out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.