[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in the mood for something highly entertaining like Oldboy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: oldboy2003.jpg (139 KB, 1117x648) Image search: [Google]
oldboy2003.jpg
139 KB, 1117x648
I'm in the mood for something highly entertaining like Oldboy or Raid. I think I've seen pretty much every decent Korean flick that fits that category though. Give me some recommendations.
>>
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
>>
Lawrence of Arabia
>>
>Raid
>Korean
>>
>>70471173
say please
>>
>>70471234

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance
>>
>>70471173
The Chaser
The Divine Move
A Hard Day
A Bittersweet Life
The Man From Nowhere
>>
>>70471173
I mean, what specifically are you looking for

I could give you some decent b-grade modern martial arts movies but they won't be as technically competent in terms of filmmaking

You're probably going to end up watching HK films if you want things in a similar style.
>>
File: Snowpiercer.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1038) Image search: [Google]
Snowpiercer.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1038
>>
>>70471173
>I've seen every decent Korean flick

such as?
>>
Now watch actual good korean flicks and not /b/ tier trash
Poetry
Crossroads of Youth
Tale of Cinema / Night and Day
Timeless Bottomless Bad Movie
Address Unknown
Peppermint Candy
3-Iron
Strokes of Fire
Oasis
Secret Sunshine
Why Has Bodhi-Dharma Left for the East?
Breathless (Yang Ik-Joon)
Take Care of My Cat
Bedevilled
>>
>>70471173

Ichi the Killer
>>
>>70471173
>oldboy
Only good upon first viewing during high school.
It's not a good movie.
>>
>>70471478
not OP but thanks for this... of that list I've only seen Bedevilled and Breathless but both were phenomenal
>>
have you seen Raid 2?
>>
>>70471173
Watch I Saw the Devil. Dude that plays Oldboy is some sick freak who rapes/kills broads and sells their bodies to some outfit that uses the corpses for meat or some shit. Some Ching-chong cop who's chick got murked by Oldboy somehow attaches a tracker to him. So everytime Oldboy goes to fuck a bitch up, Ching-chong pops up and beats the living fuck out of him.

It's a lot more cat and mouse than that simplistic explanation, but it's intenseas fuxk and well worth a watch.

Google up "I Saw the Devil" taxi scene, and thank me later. Movie is badass.
>>
>>70473138
I Saw the Devil is one of the worst movies ever made.
>>
>>70473213
Fuck you, troll.

>>70473138
This scene?
https://youtu.be/LJAUOJDM88o
>>
>>70471234
Sympathy For Lady Vengeance is garbage
>>
>>70471618
You are wrong
>>
>>70471478
changdong a shit
>>
>>70471618
nah, still holds up. FOR ME
Others flicks were a one and done.
>>
>>70473138
>that ending
Fucking brutal
>>
>>70471258
Go fuck yourself
>>
suzuki's work
>>70473213
true
>>
>>70471478

>Oasis
>Breathless (Yang Ik-Joon)
>Take Care of My Cat

MUH NIGGAH!
>>
>>70473345
>>70473213
Obvious troll is obvious
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.