[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I autistic for actually thinking the Purge movie series is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Purge.jpg (572 KB, 1048x1660) Image search: [Google]
Purge.jpg
572 KB, 1048x1660
Am I autistic for actually thinking the Purge movie series is legitimately something to be afraid of? They are coming out with a new one on July 6th two days after Independence Day, I actually think these movies are sending the wrong message and idea to people. There have actually been documented cases of criminals saying they were imitating "The Purge". One man shot like 4 random people and cited "The Purge" movie as his inspiration, I know it's a popular horror series but it just terrifies me that people are taking it seriously. They honestly believe we should have a real life purge every year, I know it's my autism I guess or some shit acting up but damn these movies scare me.

I was never a horror movie fan anyway, but when people start imitating "The Purge" and citing it as inspiration, well, that just frightens me. What if people go see it and decide "Oh man, we should all just start murdering people we don't like and shit" I wouldn't want to go see that movie during a midnight screening, who knows what kind of nutjobs you'd be in the theater with. Someone would probably bring a gun or some shit and murder everyone in the theater and claim they were "Purging"
>>
Crazy people will always find something to lean on.
>>
>>70459477
>Am I autistic for actually thinking the Purge movie series is legitimately something to be afraid of?
yes
>>
File: the-purge.jpg (30 KB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
the-purge.jpg
30 KB, 856x482
You should purge yourself.
>>
>>70459516
That was more of a rhetorical question, but thanks for your input.

In my defense though, unlike other horror movies that are pretty fictitious, this one is somewhat more realistic only in the sense that people are actually mimicking it and it's giving them the wrong messages and ideas. Though maybe the people who are taking this movie too seriously have schizophrenia or some mental disorder that makes them think it should be a real thing, either way I just don't like the premise or concept of the movie and I'm entitled to my opinion so, take it with a grain of salt.

>>70459588
>Being this offended that someone expressed their OPINION on a horror movie.

I already said I wasn't a horror fan, just don't have the stomach for it and frankly I don't find the fascination with them. I guess some people like seeing excessive blood, gore, violence and what not for two hours straight. I can't really judge those people, it's no different than people who enjoy other genres of movies that others don't like. But with horror it's usually cut and dry, either you like it or you don't. I just don't like it, of course people will call me a "pussy" but like I said not everyone is into that shit. I'd rather spend two hours watching a comedy, you know? Something that makes me laugh rather then spending two hours watching death, gore, murder and mayhem that is just pure violence and gore.

The horror genre was probably always in the bottom tier for me in terms of movie genres, but once again I can't knock people who like horror, it's obviously a billion dollar genre. I've met people who have seen just about every horror movie ever made, they can't get enough of the stuff.
>>
Home invasion and small time murder is the wrong focus.

I want the movie to focus on the literal wars that would erupt as huge companies fight eachother for "hostile takeovers".

Or, hell, just a successful bank robbery where the robber steals all the money in the bank, including the savings of every customer.
>>
It will be a long hot summer of racial violence and the media won't report on half of it, I'll let you guess which half.

The purge has nothing to do with it. There is literally going to be two 2 week long riots this summer at the conventions.
>>
>>70459701
Well I know in the new purge movie coming out in July it focuses on everyone basically trying to kill a female senator who is advocating against doing away with the purge and everyone goes apeshit, and basically her bodyguard has to keep her safe for the next 12 hours. That's the entire plot of the movie, the entire country has been brainwashed into thinking the purge is necessary and nobody wants her to do away with it, I also noticed in the previews that cults seem to form during the purge, like you have different cults represented by different masks and what not.

>at the conventions.

Sorry I'm retarded, what convention are you talking about? Or do you mean the Democratic Convention in July? I figured there will be riots at that, but don't people riot all the time over politics? Especially presidential elections? I know this presidential election is different because you have Trump and Hilary, both are horrible candidates and you'll have to pick the one who will do the least amount of harm. It's basically pick your poison, I still see way more support for Trump than I do Hilary but I can't help but think Hilary is going to win. It'll be strange having a female as president, we've never had one and it'll be a historical event for the United States if Hilary does become president, she'll be the first female president the country has ever had.

I honestly see equal hate for both Trump and Hilary, people want Hilary in jail and everyone against Trump thinks he is racist, a pig, overall disgusting, and just tells the public what they want to hear.
>>
https://www.rt.com/news/345456-swiss-referendum-basic-income/

The group claims it would encourage innovation as there would be more demand for technology to do the “dirty work” in life. Authorities would save money the ease of making a standard payment rather than a complex myriad of subsidies.

“The basic income strengthens the trend to automate such tasks. It creates the possibility for innovation,” the campaign claims.

>step one
>create universal income in small countries
>use these countries as testing grounds
>implement technology that eliminates the need for workers
>no one will fight it since they're getting money regardless
>once technology is perfected, push it everywhere else
>job market is eradicated
>everyone depends on the government now
>they fucking control you
>they say jump and you better be ready to break your fucking legs
>anyone who fights them gets purged by the masses for being ungrateful to the blessed saint government
>>
>>70459860

Shut the fuck up, luddite. You wanna know why basic income is being tested in Finland soon?

It's because if you're poor as fuck and living on benefits, you take all the work you get, right? Except this means that those benefits you collected either stop entirely or you actually have to PAY THEM BACK.
Even if the job is like a shitty part time shit wiper gig.

The new system lets citizens actually live while also motivating them to take the shitty part time shit wiper gigs, because they won't affect their status of living.

And guess what? 90% of jobs nowadays are shitty part time shit wiper gigs.
>>
>>70459588
I just think the guy pictured here has the most punchable face.

He looks like one of those spoiled rich kids who get everything in life handed to them and who never experience major hardships. And still his not satisfied, still he has to take his friends and go make some random family's life a living hell.

The idea that what's keepin the people from killing each other is just the law, and these pieces of shits are allowed to run a muck once a year is a disgusting idea.

I have never been interested in seeing this piece of shit movie, and I probably never will.
>>
>>70459993
Well, at least someone agrees with me. I know I'm taking a fictitious movie a bit too literally/seriously, I'm just stating that I disagree with the premise of the film and the overall concept. I just find it to be disturbing and immoral, of course it can't be worse than paranormal activity.

Good lord I heard those were some of the worst horror movies ever, and yet there are like 6 of them lol
>>
File: 42136.gif (62 KB, 321x241) Image search: [Google]
42136.gif
62 KB, 321x241
>>70459676
You didn't like the movie and you're scared of the ideas it presented. Why did you even start this thread? Why don't you just fuck off back to where ever you came from
>>
>>70459993
It was great casting. He was perfect for the part.
>>
>>70460042
How old are you? You come off like a home-schooled 14 year old
>>
>>70460090
>you didn't like the movie and you're scared of the ideas it presented. Why did you even start this thread?

Because I'm allowed to make the thread and express my opinion? Does that bother you? I know I didn't HAVE to make the thread, I just felt like expressing my distaste for the movie. You don't have to agree with me, and sure, you can even think I'm overly paranoid and moronic for making the thread in the first place, but It was just more to open up discussion about the movie's premise in general.

If that bothers you then I suggest you grow a thicker skin, it's the internet.
>>
>>70460120
That I agree on.
>>
>>70460151
I'm actually a 23 year old college graduate, I am curious however as to how you reached the whole "home-schooled 14 year old" conclusion, are you just implying that I seem sheltered? I will admit that I don't have any friends, I'm basically a shut-in, and extremely lonely. I don't considered myself sheltered however, I keep up with current events, news, politics, etc. I like to keep informed of what is going on in the world, especially big stories and I like to think I'm educated more so than a lot of other people I see in public. Of course that's not to say that I consider myself a genius or anything, I just see a lot of uneducated people in public, well in my city to be specific.
>>
>>70459477
>when people start imitating "The Purge" and citing it as inspiration
Threaten to use their inspiration against them.
Fuck the rules of the purge, no police and no emergency services? Time to coordinate some serious 9/11 style terrorist acts to throw the nation on its knees.
>>
>>70459477
This looks like a L4D poster t b h famalam.
>>
>>70460251
Yes, you seem very sheltered. were you raised by a single mother?
>>
>>70460251
>I'm actually a 23 year old college graduate
>14 year old home schooled kid
Doesn't really seem like too much of a difference these days.
>>
>>70460482
Nope, two great parents who have been married for about 36 years or so. I love my parents to death, wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

>>70460491
Besides the obvious gap in social skills, maturity, education, and life skills, but those aren't important though so who cares.
>>
>>70460517
What life skills do you have?
>>
>>70459477
The Purge is taking something that is already present in the real world and giving it an articulated form. You shouldn't be worried about the film series, you should be worried that people in real life are looking for excuses to commit acts of violence.

>>70459860
All the material resources are controlled by states and corporations, you are born into being dependent on them and cannot escape that position. The current structure of entrepreneurship and employment as means of self-sufficiency are hollow formalities that exist to fool you.
>>
>>70460548
The one's that I doubt most 14 year old's actually possess, but maybe I'm looking down on 14 year old's too much. I don't want to generalize that all 14 year old's are retarded morons, obviously some of them are quite mature for their age and pretty smart.
>>
>>70460663
>14 year old's are retarded morons, obviously some of them are quite mature for their age and pretty smart
That's something a retarded 14 year old would definitely say. Or a retarded 23 year old fucking a retarded 14 year old.
>>
>>70460705
And you base this on?
>>
>>70460745
Life experience.
>>
>>70460765
That's subjective as hell though, your life experience is obviously different from my life experience and everyone else's life experience.
>>
>all crime is legal for a night
>people decide to kill eachother instead of robbing stores
>>
Good goy, beware the Purge, ignore Sharia :^)
>>
>>70460805
You'd be surprised. People are alike all over, anon.
>>
>>70460823
The ranking of crimes committed by sheer numbers would be more like

1. pedophilia/rape
2. drug trade
3. robbery
4. everything else not listed
5. le epic deathmatches
>>
>>70461206
Maybe during the first purge there would be more killing, but then the survivors would realize it's bad business and it would only decline in the following purges.
>>
Is this garbage the new Saw?
>>
>>70460663
Your isolation probably breeds arrogance.
>>
>>70461388
I'd actually agree with you on that, I do think my isolation from others has caused me to develop arrogance. I've also developed a lot of trust issues as well, so I'm sure I come off cold or cautious around others.
>>
>>70459477

>Am I autistic for actually thinking the Purge movie series is legitimately something to be afraid of?

People have always found inspiration in fiction to do bad things. There were a few cases of people taking after Dexter when it wasn't such a pile of shit.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.