[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bocrack shitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
So after hearing how great this serious and how "deep" it is o decided to give it a try.

10 minutes into the first episode and its unwatchable Seth McFarlane tier humor, does it get better?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>70454589
first episode is the worst and the Seth humor goes away
>>
File: 1443313613889.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1443313613889.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>70454589
Yes
The first 4 (or so) episodes are hard to sit through, but after that it's really good, imo.
>>
>>70454589
yes it literally does
>>
It does but don't bother. You made up your mind and I don't want you to have any joy in your life so I don't want you watching it.
>>
>>70454589

The first few episodes fool you into thinking it's just another dumb adult animated sitcom. Then shit get's real.
>>
So suffer through the beginning or skip ahead?
>>
It's never really all that funny, but the Seth humor dies down pretty quickly and it's a good series to watch otherwise

3/5
>>
>>70454826
Just power through.
>>
>>70454826
Suffer through it, I'd say. Doesn't add much to the overall narrative, but you get an introduction to the characters and the premise of the show.
>>
I'm pretty sure the first few episodes were intentionally Family Guy tier to draw viewers in and get the show funded. The show becomes incredible depressing by the end of the season.
>>
the animal puns and jokes get way better along with the drama and character also getting way better.
>>
Fan of the show tend to hail it as one of "the best animated shows ever" because its (usually) their first encounter with a cartoon that incorporates serious & mature themes, most notably depression, but if you go in expecting something spectacular & genius you're going to be bitterly disappointed.

Its attempts at humor are often clumsy or plodding and many times the show comes off as tonally inconsistent with the more 'wacky' elements at odds with the serious ones for airtime. Its drama doesn't live up to live-action TV drama standards, but when you strictly compare it to other cartoons it does a lot of things they don't. An overarching narrative, character driven story-lines instead of plot driven, continuity from episode to episode, social commentary and drama that revolves around 'serious' real-life problems, things that aren't exactly new, but seem ambitious given the dearth of these elements in most Western animation.

All things considered, if Bojack has a legacy I hope its that it opens the door for other more 'serious' adult-animated programming that are allowed to go 'all the way' dramatic, instead of being contorted into this 'half-and-half' situation.
>>
>>70455034
the half and half kinda works in the favor of these types of shows though, not that shows like sopranos and breaking and the wire aren't incredibly impactful, but I feel quite a bit when something serious happens in bojack or rick and morty and I think it's because it's in such opposition to the usual state of the show, and the characters are so developed.
>>
>>70454961
I've felt like this as well.
>>
>>70455086
I strenuously disagree with your opinion. I find that the 'wackier' elements just take the air of the sails of their attempts at drama.

Things like "Vince Adultman" & "Celebrities! What Do They Know...." side by side with lamentations about being unfulfilled and unable to find happiness don't build each other up, they just clash. It comes off as if the showrunners don't know exactly what they want the show to be and try to be a little of everything.
>>
>>70455034
Didn't Life And Times Of Time already open that door?
>>
>>70454589
Who told you it was deep. That was a bold face lie. It does get better though.
>>
>>70454826
I hate to say this meme phrase but it's intentionally shit to draw in the retards and to make you drop your guard. The first episode is steaming pile of shit. The 2nd episode is just shit. Then 3rd episode is ok. Just power through it. It's great to see the changes to the tone and the characters when you contrast it with the later episodes.
>>
I give it a C-

Better off watching reruns of Parks & Rec
>>
Op here, It do get better
The scenes where he fucked his surrogate daughter and also attempted to fuck the cat lady were hot
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>being pissed an alpha male
wants to fuck teen pussy after your cunt dried up
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.