[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the age of vidyakino on its way, will we have a movie worthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 270148-duke_nukem_004_1_.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
270148-duke_nukem_004_1_.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
With the age of vidyakino on its way, will we have a movie worthy enough for him?
>>
>>70439903
Who would play him ..... in the inevitable biopic, tv?
>>
>>70439903

You do realize duke Nukem is like several movies mashed together right? All his quotes are stolen
>>
a duke nukem movie would've been ideal for the golden age of dumbass action movies that was the mid 80s. but he didn't even exist til 91, when that kind of movie was breathing its dying breaths. so, yeah, i doubt it'll ever happen.
>>
I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEELLLL
>>
>>70439903

Douk is too masculine for modern movies and his games are too sexist. He would need to be shown up by a supporting strong female character at least once or twice to emasculate him to acceptable levels.
>>
>>70439903
BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!
>>
>>
>>70439903
>With the age of vidyakino on its way, will we have a movie worthy enough for him?
No because the only director who gets the joke is Uwe Boll.
>>
>>70440552
why do you do that? that greentext? why
>>
>>70440552
Paul Verhoeven could do it big budget and still camp it up.
>>
Rock was going to play the Duke back in the day.

The problem is the character really doesn't mesh with today's culture at all. The last game got trashed to hell.
>>
>>70440672
I have the memory of dried trout. If I'm not looking at the question, my response will be from some other thread. In fact I have a problem answering you right now without quoting you.
>>
>>70440800
Deadpool kinda worked. I don't see why Quip Nukem shouldn't.
>>
>>70440814
wonderful, that's your call to stop posting
>>
>>70440023
This. It's the same reason a Metal Gear Solid film wouldn't work. As a video game, it's homage. As a movie, it would feel like straight-up plagiarism.
>>
>>70440861
the problem is that all of Duke's iconic quips are directly stolen from other sources. lots of his lines are lifted from Bruce Campbell's Evil Dead trilogy, for example. it worked as a parody of the late 80s/early 90s action genre, but trying to make it into its own major franchise isn't going to work because it has no original material and was never meant to
>>
>>70440861
Deadpool's canon pansexual in the comics and his problematic jokes are usually put in check by his side characters. In the film, they kind of did this with the Negasonic Teenage Warhead character.

Duke Nukem is in your face misogyny and over the top machismo. Maybe in a couple of years but the character is pretty much dead.
>>
>>70439903
Unlike video games cinema can only go through so much development hell nowadays.
>>
>>70440016
>tv
reddit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.