[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
B R A V O D U N C A N K I N O C O N F I R M E D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: BRAVODUNCAN.jpg (24 KB, 635x122) Image search: [Google]
BRAVODUNCAN.jpg
24 KB, 635x122
B R A V O
D U N C A N
K I N O
C O N F I R M E D
>>
i've actually seen the movie (already out in russia for two weeks)
believe it or not, it's actually worse than BvS
>>
File: 1280278791447.jpg (34 KB, 506x623) Image search: [Google]
1280278791447.jpg
34 KB, 506x623
>>70427212
>...watching Warcraft bend over backwards to set up a sequel is like watching a desperate paramedic apply CPR to someone who's clearly been dead for hours.
>>
Yep, it's a 0/10 flick alright
>>
>>70427225
this
>>
>>70427212

I watched the movie 3 days ago in the UK and it's actually pretty good. Better than BvS
>>
>>70427308
>it's actually pretty good
what's good about it?

>script is bad
>acting is beyond bad, everyone is horrible
>cgi is mediocre at best, even avatar looked better
>soundtrack is meh
>last battle is shit
>>
File: 1300821482844.png (13 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
1300821482844.png
13 KB, 679x427
>>70427225
>believe it or not, it's actually worse than BvS

>>70427308
>it's actually pretty good. Better than BvS
>>
>>70427390
dont listen to stupid chav, listen to less stupid slav
>>
seen the movie already, it's worse than a fucking hobbit
figure out the rest yourself
>>
>>70427368
>that worldbuilding
no wonder you plebs think SW:E1 is shit
>>
>>70427481
MUH LORE
MUH BLIZZARD

back to /v/ you fucking underage faggot
>>
>>70427212
hes pretty retarded to think the movie wouldn't be set up for a 2nd and protip a 3rd will be coming aswell. people want to see Illidan and The lich King on screen which can't happen in the first movie.
>>
why did duncan agree to do it anyway? was he a fan of warcraft for some reason? as far as i can tell there is nothing genuine about the film, just a pathetic cash grab in cgi. never thought he'd do something for money alone.
>>
I'm still going to take the wife to see this and upload my ticket stubs to trigger retarded autists into giving me a million (You)'s
>>
>>70427225
Can confirm. It is awful. Cliched script, dumb characters with zero motivation, constant forced exposition... oh and the big "fuck you" instead of an ending.

Only people who enjoyed it were Warcraft fanboys, and they basically liked seeing the characters on the big screen.

CGI is ok though (except for the last scene), not sure why people are shitting on it.
>>
File: asian.png (675 KB, 675x540) Image search: [Google]
asian.png
675 KB, 675x540
>first visit
and many more to come, if they want to squeeze out as many dollars as they can from the china market.
>>
dunkaccino?
>>
>>70427572
>as far as i can tell there is nothing genuine about the film

As far as you can tell from what? Looking a trailers and shitposting on /tv/ all day? You obviously havn't watched it.
>>
>>70427581

What about her son?

Dadposters are the fucking worst on /tv/
>>
>>70427581
You can call me a retarded autist all you want, but seriously, lower your expectations. It is not good by any means.
>>
File: 1463582303514.jpg (128 KB, 1235x486) Image search: [Google]
1463582303514.jpg
128 KB, 1235x486
>David Elrich
>David
A jewish name
>Elrich
A jewish name
>>
>>70427585
>CGI is ok though (except for the last scene), not sure why people are shitting on it.

Must be while in motion. Literally every still I've seen in looks like PS2 graphics.
>>
>>70427368

Great
>Cgi
>Worldbuilding
>Depiction of magic
>Fight scenes
>Villian
>Ben Foster/Medivh

Disliked
>Pacing
>Some of the script

Never played the games btw but found it a pretty enjoyable movie. I liked BvS also
>>
>>70427267
>>70427368
Don't listen to these dumb trolls who haven't even seen it. It's actually a decent popcorn flick, pretty entertaining and well worth the money. I recommend going to see it if you're at all into the fantasy type genre.
>>
>>70427812
it's even worse in motion
>>
>>70427225
If you didn't like BvS your argument is actually convincing me to watch Warcraft.
>>
>>70427863
>>70427887
my fucking sides, shills are in full force today
>>
>>70427545
I've never mentioned either of those things you cunt, visually speaking the movie is stunning despite (and also because of) the shitty cgi
>>
>>70427863
>>70427887
>>70427908
>>70427481
>>70427308
I've seen the movie. I've played wow 6 years, played all warcraft rts in their prime. And let me tell you i definitely did not love the movie.

The reports are correct, Guldan and the orcs overall is the good bit as the vfx are very well done, but the alliance actors are bad, the editing is clumsy, and the storytelling flow is weird to say the least.

This movie doesn't even spend a single minute trying to present and explain draenor, azeroth, the kingdoms or the clans. Not a minute. They don't even explain what the guardian is besides this cheesy line: 'I am the Guardian, I will protect Azeroth". The movie doesn't explain Medivh's corruption.

Dominic Cooper was incredibly bad, he had nothing kingly about him and delivered 90% of his cheesy lines like a soulless robot. Patton was apparently competing with him as to decide who was the most terrible actor. Foster was very hit or miss. Khadgar and Lothar were the only 2 characters somewhat well adapted/acted on the alliance side.

The romance plot line between Lothar and Garona was utter shit, borderline cringe. The plotline about Lothar and his son was completely skippable, it did not matter in any meaningful way at all.

The cinematography was all over the place. You have great camera work and you have pissing poor camera work. You have amazingly well lit scenes and you have horribly lit scenes (act 3 karazhan stands out as incredibly bad).
The music was ok but very forgettable, too little from the games and only one theme truly stands out. Also I can't remember the last time I saw the title screen used twice in a movie. That felt so fucking weird and completely out of place.

This movie stinks of meddling from several parties. The universal execs, the blizzard execs, the legendary execs, and ofc Duncan Jones. I would be very curious to see a longer cut and get a better feel of what Jones's vision was. We've ended up with a flawed adaptation IMO.
>>
>>70427585

Confirmed for not actually watching the movie. There is a distinct lack of exposition which is probably why so many critics were turned off
>>
>>70427936
The best part is they aren't even paid shills. In fact, THEY pay BLIZZARD $15 a month to play their shitty game, and then shill the terrible by-products in their spare time.
>>
>>70427724
of course i haven't watched it, it looks awful. but from what i can tell from every single review about it.
>>
>>70427988
true
>>
>>70427863
>great
>worldbuilding
>dipiction of magic
>villain
>ben foster
i'm dying from laughter, end yourself
>>
>>70427863
>Never played the games btw
Why do you feel the need to lie anonymously on an anonymous imageboard when in a discussion with other anonymous posters?
>>
>>70427863
>Great
>>Cgi
It's ok at best.
>>Worldbuilding
Nothing original or interesting abouth the world created in the film.
>>Depiction of magic
Ok, some scenes were quite creative.
>>Villian
Probably the single worst part of the movie. Generic and uncharismatic.
>>Ben Foster/Medivh
Good acting, very feeble character with unclear motivations
>>
>>70427225
>it's actually worse than BvS
What isn't?
>>
warcraft is an epitome of fedora-core shit
the same level as Watchmen/BvS
critics & people who appreciate cinema above level of your average blockbuster didn't like it/hated it and manchildren basement dwellers praise as the second coming
>>
>>70428139
spot on
>>
>/v/ trash convince themselves long before the movie comes out that it's "kino"
>actually comes out, everyone says it's shit
>/v/ loudly and angrily proclaims that it's still "kino" and that everyone is lying or didn't get it
>>
>>70427212
Person is only dead when pronounced dead. The point of CPR is to resuscitate, even after ventilation and cardiac activity ceased.
>>
>>70427977
Maybe exposition is the wrong word, but characters literally appear in the film saying who they are and what their role in the script is, plus several plot points are repeatedly explained (such as how the portal works) after we've already seen them in action
>>
>>70428084

Why do you not accept that some people might enjoy it? Even some that don't know Warcraft lore

Im a big fantasy buff and grew up on DnD and Warhammer so I'm probably the most likely type outside of the gamers who would like this movie.

Sure it's not a brilliant movie but it's not the stinking pile critics and people who havent actually watched it claim it to be
>>
>>70427545
>MUH BLIZZARD
>underage
>>
>>70427964
This is spot on. The only thing I'd disagree with is Guldan being good, but I know nothing about the games.
>>
>>70428337
>and people who havent actually watched it

Let me ask you something. Once the movie gets released worldwide and it undoubtedly will still receive so many bad reviews, will you still be this delusional and claim that only people who haven't watched it say it's shit?
>>
I've never played Warcraft because I'm not an obese manchild, but isn't it a game where you basically fight other nerds with your made up elf characters and whoever kills the most "wins"? How the fuck is there a story there? I tried watching the trailer and I couldn't finish it, it felt incredibly dull and unbearable, like a Russell Crowe movie with awful CGI
>>
File: cheat me.jpg (35 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
cheat me.jpg
35 KB, 299x288
>>70427964
>The romance plot line between Lothar and Garona

wait....WHAT
>>
>>70427585
>Cliched script, dumb characters with zero motivation, constant forced exposition

These sound like pleb criticisms.
>>
>>70428107
This guy gets it.
>>
>>70428763
You can't have a blockbuster without a shoehorned romance plot in it.
Blame women that eat that shit up like candy.
>>
>>70428856
As opposed to what? LE CGI IS BAD meme?

Pleb or not, they are valid in regards to that movie.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.