[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men Apocalypse BTFO by every other capeshit in existence!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2016_06_04_09.47.25-1.jpg (96 KB, 453x723) Image search: [Google]
2016_06_04_09.47.25-1.jpg
96 KB, 453x723
Why does this movie suck soo hard?

Why is it performing so shit-like?
>>
>>70419446
no wolverine on the poster
>>
>>70419456
They need to phase Hugh Jackman out eventually, and replace him with a new Wolverine.

Thw Xmen continuity is already shitty enough, but it has to be done
>>
>>70419446
The death of capeshit is nigh
>>
The reason it did comparatively well on Monday is because of the Memorial Day.

I think Apocalypse will get about 180 million domestically and about 420 million worldwide.

A pretty big disappointment. It will probably barely get into the green.
>>
>>70419523
Fox is doing fine, Deadpool essentially paid for itself and the failure of Fox's X-men Apocalypse.

Marvel has a license to print money

DC made their money back and then some too.

I think Capeshit will be around for a few more years. Maybe even a decade or two before it dies down.
>>
Audiences have grown tired of the "super villain that wants to destroy the world" formula. Audiences know that the heroes will end up saving the world from total destruction, so they won't bother wasting their money to see it. It's a formula that's been beaten to death. Audiences now want more "grounded" superheroes that they can relate to.
>>
>>70419446
compared to the firm featured two iconic DC superheroes fighting in the big screen for the first time
and the firm featured most of the Avengers fighting in the big screen for the first time
and the firm featured a meme R-rated hero telling meta jokes in the big screen for the first time

did X-men Apocalypse have any "in the big screen for the first time" that can get the audience hype?
>>
>>70419523

Doctor Strange and Suicide Squad are in post-production, Guardians 2, Wonder Woman, and Justice League Part 1 are filming, and Spiderman, Thor 3, and Avengers 3 start filming this year.

You uninformed retard.
>>
>>70420327
It underperformed by a 100 million in the opening week.

You seem to be forgetting DoFP had the same problems but did quite well. It opened with another 25 million + Apocalypse will probably have a much bigger drop off because it's simply a worse movie
>>
>>70421049
Btw I'm not saying that it needes 160 mil to be successful, but if it opened with a ~ 100 like DoFP and retained the audience it would have been a good profitable movie.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.