[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shows that start out great and turn shitty [in this case season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 6 is a 10.jpg (489 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
6 is a 10.jpg
489 KB, 2500x1667
Shows that start out great and turn shitty [in this case season 3] then finish great again. pic related.

inb4 plebs say the wire with season 2 being shit
>>
>>70411446
>Battlestar
>finish great again
Did you also think the end of Evangelion was great?
>>
>>70411686
BSG had a solid af final season but I guess I'll bite seeing as unlike most people here I like to have a discussion and if people present decent evidence I'm willing to change my mind, what did you think was so lousy about it? Also I've never watched an Anime so I wouldn't know about Evangelion
>>
>>70412320
Not him, but this shows major flaw is all the religious shit.
>>
>>70411446
>its another recreating last supper picture

JUST FUCK OFF ALREADY
>>
>>70412320
Like the other guy said, the stupid and inexplicable religious shit. Resurrection? Angels? For a supposedly "harder" sci-fi show, it went in the complete opposite direction with the supernatural angle.
>>
V tv series 2009

Goat first season
Meh second season
Then cancellation.
>>
>>70413787
>>70413475
>confirmed for didn't understand the show
>>
>>70411446
>battlestar
first episode was great, rest was shit.
>>
>>70414149
>valid criticism
>"hurrrrr ya didn't geddit"
>>
>>70413787
they started with that shit and finished with that shit
you only didn't like it because you didn't believe it when they said it was god/ angels
>>
>>70411686
Evangelion ended flawlessly though.
>>
this and got r my favs
>>
>>70414615
Yes. It's a fucking science fiction show. Writing shit that happens by magic is a cop-out.

>>70414638
this is what eva fags actually believe
>>
>>70414149
The fuck is there to understand? The entire show was some stupid religious prophecy bullshit that removed any sense of tension cause a bunch had some "special task" to fulfill, and the only reason it did this is because the writer was a bible thumping nigger.

That being said, it was still a good show despite its faults.
>>
>>70414411
>>70414831
The show spends a lot of time pulling apart the predominant polytheistic religion. Over 4 seasons, it shows us how the scriptures, the gods, everything they believed was designed to facilitate a cycle. The ebb and flow of destruction and rebirth, two sides of the same coin. The show implies that our civilization is the other side of the cycle. This also implies that our predominant monotheistic religion is a part of that design. It is also further evidenced in the very last scene in the show. Six says something about "God's plan", to which "Baltar" responds "you know he doesn't like that name".
>>
>>70414857
I read that shit the first time, anon.
>>
House of Cards currently despite not being over yet.
>>
>>70414898
i know i accidentally a name
>>70414857
Also remember that the original Earth, the one the Final Fiveā„¢ were from, created their own Cylons. As did Kobol. Both those wars were won by the machines. Where did they go? Everything was about the cycle. If I remember correctly, the Mass Effect games played with a similar concept, however simplified.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.