[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come there's a board for television/movies and fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3
File: 1455201566420.jpg (69 KB, 775x837) Image search: [Google]
1455201566420.jpg
69 KB, 775x837
How come there's a board for television/movies and fucking books but not one to discuss radio content? A place to discuss favorite radio shows, hosts etc. So many great talk shows but no where to discuss it all. A place for people to discuss their different methods of listening to content, and introduce new shows to others.

And before any of you nigger mods remove my shit for off topic, tell me, where the fuck am I to go?
>>
there are stern and o&a and "i miss patrice man i'm so sad ;_;" threads here once in a while lurk more pls newfriend
>>
I'd say it's too obscure, but fucking /po/ exists. I'd like it. I do voiceover for a living, so it'd be nice to have a place to talk about that kind of stuff.
>>
>>70406915
Just because I want a place to discuss my favorite form of media doesn't make me a new friend. This is /tv/, not /tv&r/. I want somewhere to talk to others with common interests, not be berated with "WHATS THE BEST STERNKINO" or "WHOS THE BIGGEST GUY ON RADIO FOR YOU XD XD". Fuck you.
>>
How autistic would you have to be to discuss fucking RADIO?
>>
>>70406986
Yeah, exactly. It could be a broader board about all voice work.
>>
Goon Show
American Prairie? With Garrison Keillor?, it's on public radio

Both are all I've listened to in my life
Used to listen to horror stories but I don't remember the name, they were pretty great
>>
>>70407063
You tell me, you bonedigglers sit here parroting the same shit about fucking nothing 24/7.
>>
>>70407063
It's seeing a pretty good resurgence right now with online projects like welcome to nightvale
>>
i wish there was a /dn/ - dance, mu is ridiculous
why are you complaining? aren't you enjoying your brand-new board /aco/?
>>
>>70407128
I may not understand your plight, as I assumed dancing and music went hand in hand. Care to elaborate, friend?
>>
>>70407079
I'm of the opinion that horror is the best genre for radio, since you have so much control over the scene. Inner Sanctum is the best, I think.
>>
>>70407212
basicaly and rudely, you don't need music to dance and it feels more like a sport, physically, i would even say it's closer to performing arts than music
yet you can't find room for in in /sp/ /asp/ /fit/ or /mu/

but i honestly don't hope for new creative boards, the website is dying anyway
>>
>>70407426
Thank goodness, maybe we can get back to pre-2010 size.
>>
>>70407426
Ah I see, so I guess it is somewhat similar to my struggle with radio. Who knows, maybe if there was a purge, they could make some room for the two. God knows we don't need shit like /aco/ when half the shit ends up on /d/ anyways. And what's the point of /vr/? It makes no sense.
>>
>>70407105
>Night Vale
Speaking of which, has anyone listened to Alice isn't dead yet? Good stuff.
>>
>>70407610
What's it about?
>>
Music on the radio is shit, old people fake laughing on the radio is even shittier.
>>
>>70407610
I've had it recommended to me, but haven't touched it yet. If someone tells me it isn't actively progressive I'm probably more likely to try it.
>>
The only radio shows worth talking about are paranormal shows like Clyde Lewis (who's a meh at best) and C2CAM. Try talking about spooky radio on /x/
>>
How come there's a board for fucking PAPERCRAFT and not one for VIDEO EDITION?
>>
>>70407711
What if I want to talk about producing audio?
>>
>>70407643
I agree about music, which is why in my OP I mentioned nothing about it. I'm primarily talking about AM (look it up, because I doubt you know what the fuck I'm talking about) or some of the quality FM guys. Casey and Taka in Hawaii, Jim Rome, etc.
>>
>>70407711
>/x/
DON'T
if you think /b/ is newfag underage hell, wait until you see /x/
>>
>>70407633
Trucker goes out to find her wife, hunted by a creepy guy that may or may not be human. Creepy shit happening in multiple towns across the USA. It's less random than WTNV, but still maintains that vague aura of creepiness.

>>70407650
It's not actively progressive beyond the MC being a girl trying to find her wife. It never harps on her being lesbian, nothing about le stronk wimmyn or anyhing like that. It actually feels natural and balanced.

Also the MC isn't a "strong" woman, but she's a really strong, well-developed character.
>>
>>70407063
You will never understand the superiority of the radio medium you turbopleb
>>
>>70407855
I used "creepy" way too many times in this post.
>>
>>70407872
Yeah I love listening to ad's every 5 minutes.
Just like television! Only 50x more annoying
>>
File: 1464923438998.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1464923438998.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
Anyone listen to Coast to Coast? Whats it about
>>
>>70407783
>look it up, because I doubt you know what the fuck I'm talking about

You're right, I don't. Because who the fuck listens to FM let along AM any more?
>>
>>70407897
American, i suppose?
>>
GIVE HIM CAPITALISM OR GIVE HIM DEATH!
>>
>>70407931
People who grew up with it, or enjoy listening to it on their commute to work/school, or like using their imagination, or prefer listening stimulating conversation as opposed to watching some bullshit television show about niggers wang jangling all over the screen while rap music blares in the background. Fuck you. Why do you enjoy your shitty memes so much? Same fucking thing. Different people, different interests. Maybe once you're no longer underage you'll get a gist of what the fuck I'm talking about.
>>
File: ....png (20 KB, 131x131) Image search: [Google]
....png
20 KB, 131x131
>>70407936
Have you paid for your Radio Liscense yet jeeves?

they're gonna get you!
>>
>>70407737
Wait you're asking about where to have an actual discussion? On 2016 4chan?
>>
>>70407897
It's every 15, just like your picture box, faggot.
>>
>>70408047

Hang on, are you saying people even listen to the radio outside of their cars where it's either listen to some douche voice his opinions, or sit in silence?
>>
>>70408093
>It's every 15, just like your picture box, faggot.

t. someone who has never watched television
>>
>>70408134
What country are you from? There's one at the top of the hour, the bottom, and one in between. If anything, it's worse than radio, because there's sometimes those bullshit teasers where some nigger comes on and says "more to come, stay tuned" and then it's like another minute of commercials.
>>
>>70407905
Joorch Noory asks guests about basic economics and what their favorite kinds of miracles are. Listen to older Art Bell shows, Mel's Hole and any Montauk/Philadelphia Project stuff is delicious.
>>
>>70408047
That got really racist really fast

Why are racists always talking about black people's penises
>>
>>70408082
I have a good discussion about something on some board every day. It's what keeps me coming back.
>>
>>70408073
How do they even find you if you don't pay your license?

>>70408122
Did you know phone manufacturers purposely disable FM receiver from US-market smartphones so you pay the Phone Company Jews money to "stream" your canned entertainment?
>>
>>70408122
This just shows how closed minded you are. Not everything has to be political. NPR got me through 4 years worth the 12 hour shifts when I was stationed in Hawaii. Now back on the mainland I usually listen to Jim Rome from 11 to 2pm and whatever else is on AM the rest of the day. It's entertaining, and fucking free. Just try it some time, find something you find interesting and just do something while listening to it.
>>
/vo/ - Vocaroo & Podcasts
>>
>>70408255

Yes I knew that I was paying thew "phone company jews" to have "nigger wang jangling" music. Oh wait, no I don't.
>>
>>70408255
>How do they even find you if you don't pay your license?

The Nose knows
>>
>>70408292

You can stream whatever you want, even on Navy ships these days, anon.
>>
>>70407213
but how do you make jumpscares with audio only? screamers and ear rape are shitty
>>
>>70408365
Jumpscares are shit.
>>
>>70408317
Just a heads up, your two quotes are from two separate people. I'm "wang jangling" guy, not the one you're responding to. Just wanted to clear that up, in case you thought otherwise.
>>
>>70407970
THE PROGNOSTICATOR OF PROGNOSTICATORS
btw, no ads at all
>>
>>70408352
I was air force. We didn't get radios because we worked in a secure building, so I had to nigger rig a waterfall display to find the signal for the local radio station, highlight about 6 hours at a time and just play it back. Good times though.
>>
>>70407905
Garbage conspiracy crap with radio's own version of Droopy the Dog, George Noory.
>>
>>70408467
>nigger rig
kek thanks
>>
Are you stuck on 1950? If you want to discuss it so much create a /rd/ - Radio General Thread
>>
>>70409224
Generals are cancer and should be discouraged at all times.
>>
>>70409247
This. How dare you.
>>
>>70409247
Well, then don't fucking complain about not having a board
>>
>>70409295
>you don't want this thing? well then don't complain about not having a completely different thing!
>>
>>70406822
I've been thinking for a while now that /pod/ wouldn't be a bad idea.
>>
>>70409323
The fact is you are never getting a board, no one cares about fucking radio other than to listen to music, no fucking one. So do something yourself you entitled fuck.
>>
>>70409373
/po/ exists
>>
>>70409373
/tv/ is a complete fucking shit heap.
>>
/po/ is actually creative and fun, while the radio is listening to some jerkoff talk because you have nothing better to do in your car.
>>
>>70409934
>i like thing so its good
>dont like other thing so its bad
>>
>>70410025

Like that's not the exact thing people shitting on /po/ are doing.
>>
>>70410064
Nobody's shitting on /po/, just noting that it is small and extremely slow, but still beloved.
>>
>>70410064
Nobody's shitting on /po/. But way more people regularly listen to podcasts than do fucking origami. That's the point.
>>
>>70410064
/po/ is like that boring friend you had in highschool. It does almost nothing, but when you ever you check in on them they are always pretty happy
>>
>>70406822
>>>/q/
Go ask Hiro for /radio/ if you want it so bad
>>
>>70410226
Shit I meant
>>>/qa/
>>
>>70410083
t.b.h the best boards are the slow ones. at least for actual content. /tv/ is good for a quick laugh but when you want something more in depth than "big guy 4 me" then /tv/ doesnt really cut it.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.