[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is best LOTR character and why is it Her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1419831842910.png (982 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1419831842910.png
982 KB, 1920x800
Who is best LOTR character and why is it Her?
>>
>>70398382
Sam is the patrician's choice.
>>
>posts a hobbit image
>>
>>70398382
That's neither Sam of Faramir though
>>
>>70398450
That would be Gollum.
He's the most complex and many layered character in the trilogy.
>>
>>70398382
>she is supposed to be super fucking strong
>just sits her ass in Rivendell doing jack shit while a bunch of midgets go through hell to save the world
>>
>>70398382

Galadriel in the book is a stunning beauty without compare in all Middle Earth.

so why pick an old hag and have to use CGi and soft focus to make her look passable?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (159 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
159 KB, 1440x1080
>>
Let's do some power rankings boys. List at least 9 characters.

Aragon> Sam> Theoden> Faramir> Boromir> Gandalf(grey)> Frodo> Smeagol> Elrond
>>
File: mad frog.png (48 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
mad frog.png
48 KB, 858x725
>>70398943
fuck you
>>
>>70398845
I would be accepting of that, although I still think Sam has the most valuable and interesting role. He really seemed to represent the viewer or common man.
>>
>>70398382
Pippin is best
>>
Boromir of course. The only one who is reliable and deeply flawed but redeemed himself in the end.
>>
>>70399081

Treebeard is memeteir
>>
>>70398943
Cunnyscum detected
>>
>>70398925

>She's the oldest, most powerful living being of the three races in middle earth
>Spent time in the company of the Valar
>Learned sorcery and magic at the feet of Melian
>Close family with the greatest warriors and spell casters of history
>Has watched everyone she loves die/suffer for ten thousand plus years

>doesn't seize the ring from Frodo for revenge/to right the wrongs of the world

Seriously, If she had taken the ring, it would have been fixed instantly and she would have brought the essence of Sauron to be laid at the Valar's feet.
>>
>>70399734
Okay Sam.
>>
I sympathize and relate to Boromir the most. I'm still pissed off after all these years that he died.

Plus his sword, shield, and costume was the absolute coolest.
>>
>>70398845
Gollum can be explained.

Samwise can only be THEORIZED.
>>
would marry and start a family with Desu
>>
>>70398943
If they got some 20 year old nordic 10/10 to do the part the acting would probably suck, unfortunately.
>>
>>70399883
>Not Gimli
>>
>>70398382

The Gimli/Legolas friendship being fleshed out is literally the best part of the series
>>
>>70398382
Gladriel is the best thanks to Kate Blanchett.

Personally I like Faramir, but he was almost completely ignored in RotK thanks to being nearly dead within the first 30 minutes.
>>
>>70398382
Terrible casting, the most beautiful bitch in the world, she's like a 6/10, wtf.

The best character is Aragorn
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.