[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Things the films improved on the books Faramir being a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
ITT: Things the films improved on the books

Faramir being a danger to Frodo and not being like "a ring which no human can resist? nah, i don't want that lol"

Elves at Helms Deep honoring the old alliance

Frodo and Sam not being together during Shelob
>>
>>70398036
Jesus being white.
>>
No Scouring of the Shire

No Tom Bombadil
>>
>>70398036
I don't know if there are many things it necessarily improved on, but there are lots of things I'm glad that they did differently.

Many of the Frodo/Sam scenes held emotional weight that I didn't feel in the books. I love them both so I can't pick a favorite, but it's nice that they both exist so I can appreciate both of them.
>>
Eye of Sauron being an actual thing
>>
File: 27.png (261 KB, 596x544) Image search: [Google]
27.png
261 KB, 596x544
no scouring of the shire.

I like the idea that the Shire just carried on as if nothing happened at all.
>>
>>70398036
You mean Boromir right? I don't remember Faramir being a danger to Frodo but Boromir was in the books as well.
>>
>>70398302
Faramir in the books didn't have any desire for the ring and let Frodo go on his merry way. They changed it in the movie so that he was initially drawn to it and eventually resists
>>
>>70398036
Skipping Tom Bombadil, because he doesn't make sense, and if you try to make him fit all of the other characters don't make sense.
>>
>>70398459
I feel like he makes sense and is a cool character, but trying to explain who he is, what he is, and why he doesn't do anything in a tiny part of the first movie would be next to impossible
>>
>>70398518
Because there is no reasonable way to explain these.
>>
>>70398459

^this

tom bombadil is just fucking weird. the whole scene is jsut gay as fuck, adds nothing to the plot of the book other than
"oh yeah theres a weird forest and some weird super happy guy with a woman in it, anyways on with the story"
>>
>>70398036

toning down the homoerotic relationships between the hobbits.

seriouslly i get the whole "different times back when he wrote it" but its so gay the way frodo and sam talk to each other. in the books sam talks to frodo like he's in deep love with him. theres friendship love and theres gay love and sam was gay for frodo, him marrying rosie was just him denying his lustful thoughts.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.