[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even though he's a cold-blooded killer, I honestly sympathize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: Boyd.jpg (463 KB, 1600x1206) Image search: [Google]
Boyd.jpg
463 KB, 1600x1206
Even though he's a cold-blooded killer, I honestly sympathize more with Boyd than Raylan or anyone else on the show.

He goes through so much shit to get ahead, and every time success is at his fingertips, something catastrophic goes wrong and fucks everything up.

I wanted him to win so bad and he always falls short at the very end after beating all the odds. Fucking Raylan.
>>
>>70374072

"I'm an outlaw, son."
>>
File: Babby.jpg (43 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
43 KB, 600x394
>>70374072
>sympathize with somebody who murders people
>sympathize with somebody who ends the life of others
>those people will never again be able to hope, dream, find redemption, love or be loved

Whew. How's it feel to be this fucking edgy, son? I'm sweating in terror from being cut!
>>
>>70374109
go to bed Raylan
>>
>>70374109
Watching Boyd fail is like watching Tom from Tom and Jerry fail, or Wile. E Coyote fail, or Pinkie and the Brain fail. They always get so close and then fuck it all up, and eventually you sympathize with their plight and just want them to win one time. I know I always feel for the "bad guy" in those old slapstick shows
>>
>>70374072
I really miss this show.
>>
File: Aaron.jpg (35 KB, 442x493) Image search: [Google]
Aaron.jpg
35 KB, 442x493
>>70374263
>be a cunt
>fail
>continue being a cunt
>fail
>somehow, some cunt still admires you

Well then, guess I know what I'll be doing from here on out. Being a cunt.
>>
>>70374361
>we dug coal together
>>
Yeah but he was a huge cuck.
>>
>>70374366
"admire" is a poor choice of word. More like "pity."

Get that stick out of your ass.
>>
File: Clint.jpg (433 KB, 1245x1217) Image search: [Google]
Clint.jpg
433 KB, 1245x1217
>>70374482
>having any emotion other than disgust, towards a cunt

Lawdy, lawdy. Aren't you just a machine of death?
>>
>>70374590
That's a very black and white way to view the world anon. You live your life demanding perfection from everyone and everything, you're going to be disappointed when you realize nobody is perfect.
>>
File: IMG_20150723_143041.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150723_143041.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>tfw you have the actual jacket Boyd wore
>>
File: Jim.jpg (148 KB, 761x757) Image search: [Google]
Jim.jpg
148 KB, 761x757
>>70374666
I agree that nobody's perfect, Satan. Everyone has the capacity to be a saint or a cunt. Take the digits at the end of your post, for example. However, if at the end of the day you don't strive to be someone who wants to help the human species instead of being detrimental to it, if at the end of the day you side with the asshole who fucks up and in doing so, fucks the day of OTHER people up...

... then you are a cunt. Here endeth the lesson.
>>
File: 1411892638874.jpg (23 KB, 402x391) Image search: [Google]
1411892638874.jpg
23 KB, 402x391
>>70374708
the black one?
post pics faggot

fuck i miss this show
>>
File: Shooting.gif (2 MB, 350x220) Image search: [Google]
Shooting.gif
2 MB, 350x220
>>
>>70374752
>altruism

not even once.
>>
>>70374708
Post a pic of it
>>
>>70374072
Eyebraham
>>
>>70374072
Man people wanted it to end with Boyd and Rayland killing each other and were disappointed but "we dug coal together" was great
>>
>>70374072
I know people on here often don't care for Tarantino but after hearing him in this I thought he'd be great for delivering QT dialouge and then got stoked when he was cast in Django, to bad Django turned out sucking and Shane / Boyd was barely in it, shit he was way better in that piece of shit Diablo
>>
>>70377396
his acting in the hateful 8 is pretty top-tier m8

>ABRAHAM LINCOLN??!
>>
>>70377448
Person you replied to here, no doubt I mean look at that cast of Oscars noms and veteran actors and he's a comparative unknown and he outshines all of them IMO. That was the best thing to come out of Django was Tarantino realizing that he would be great. But that being said he just wasn't given anything to really do in Django but look and Jamie Fox's nuts and big black dingus
>>
>>70374072
>He goes through so much shit to get ahead, and every time success is at his fingertips, something catastrophic goes wrong and fucks everything up.
that's literally the point of the show
hard work is tantamount, but if you end up falling for the temptation of a quicker path to riches and take the shady route you're going to lose what it is you seek every time, like Tantalus.

He's a pathetic character, and easy to have sympathy for, but it's no mistake that religious iconography plays such a large role in his arc.
>>
>>70377525
yeah django meandered a bit too much for my liking (and I'm someone who hasn't found a tarantino movie to hate yet). It had a bunch of truly great scenes but taken as a whole just didn't come together for me.
>>
>>70377795
Whilst i was ok with the ending the third act was very stop-start aswell IMO
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.