[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ROOTS LIVE THREAD: NIGHT 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Series finale tonight.
>>
File: jumpscare.webm (790 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
jumpscare.webm
790 KB, 480x272
fuck off
>>
I wanted to watch the first episode, but the first words out of Kunta Kinte's Father's mouth was "Allah Akbar" and I had to turn it off.
>>
>>70369458
>I wanted to watch the first episode, but the first words out of Kunta Kinte's Father's mouth was "Allah Akbar" and I had to turn it off.
Imagine being this mad for no reason.
>>
>>70369458
Lol. Really?
>>
>>70369549

Well, perhaps 5 minutes in when he is presenting his son to God, he screams "Allah Akbar, behold the only thing greater than yourself."

Granted I was just joshing with you, newfriends. I wish Kunta reunited with his father and didn't die in America. Makes me feel bad about being white.
>>
>>70369617
>Makes me feel bad about being white.
REEEEEEE stop feeling bad about being white. Nobody wants you to feel bad about being white. Nobody is blaming you for this sins of your ancestors
>>
>>70369675
>Falling for the fabled consecutive bait posts gambit

tch....
>>
>>70369675

>sins of your ancestors
>sins

owning niggers is not a sin, setting them free probably was.
>>
>>70369716
>Look at me I'm edgy
>>
>>70369709
I should have known better
>>
She wants that BBC
>>
>>70369429
This is truly a poignant piece of history that we have undulating with knowledge, dispersing it left and right, raceless, genderless, needing just an open mind to be properly bestowed. And in this we find the eternal theme Roots bestrode, never skipping a beat with contemporary mores and dimly lit tropes of society at large. Is it about the struggle of a 19th century PoC's? It indeed is, but what's more important it goes a step further than the original, showing that these issues still persist today; they are engendered into the fabric of each hashtag, screaming oppression that our social media does so well to juxtapose against the whitewashed landscape of corporate America; and herein lies the undulating metaphor I started this piece with, for the lay of the land can be undone only with taking control of the pot and it is where the majority needs to help. The agency and the wisdom employed by the myriad of well read, well spoken PoC's, unflinching yet brutal only as much as honesty is brutal, the agency that they have so long been denied now most be laid into their outstretched hands and we must look where those hands point, nod and do their bidding. For the roots of equnimity lay in that direction.
>>
Wait why are they shooting at Chicken George and TI?
>>
File: Roots.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Roots.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>70370770
why post this
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.