[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
blu ray collection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_4992.jpg (668 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4992.jpg
668 KB, 1632x1224
hey /tv/
I recently started collecting these lil guys
let's see what /tv/ has!
also give me recs and tell me I'm a pleb and shit!
>>
>>70351759
>the dirties
my nigga OP
>>
>>70351759
I don't buy physical media. I download HD rips and stream that shit to my TV. Who wants a pile of boxes when you can just view what you want when you want it?
>>
>>70351854
fair enough, but some shit is a hassle to acquire and I also just enjoy physically collecting stuff I care about, especially in the best format possible.
>>
Nice collection, I have that Tenenbaums signed by Wes and Schwartzman. I imagine "In the Mood," 'The Master," and more look great. "Ali" is one of cinema's best, most heart wrenching love stories. Literally just got my first BR's with the Whit Stillman collection. A lot of fun, the commentary's like sitting on the couch watching em w Whit and Based Eigeman. Eagerly anticipating the next Criterion sale.
>>
>>70351759

I like your collection (especially My Own Private Idaho and Gentlemen Broncos).

I collect, but mainly old horror. Got a pretty nice Giallo thing going on.

For you, I would recommend Herzog.
>>
>>70351932
I've been meaning to get into Herzog more after seeing Grizzly Man, what would you recommend?

>>70351922
Shit, jealous of the Wes and Schwartzman sigs. What would you recommend for Whit Stillman's stuff? Haven't checked him out yet.

Also stoked to see someone who loves Ali as much as I do!
>>
>>70352004

There's only a handful of Stillman films. I'd start w/ the (loose-essentially in name only) trilogy, 'Metropolitan,' 'Barcelona,' and 'The Last Days of Disco.' Amazing dialogue, his writing is impeccable. If you like Wes you'd probably dig him.

Yeah, 'Ali' is wonderful. If you haven't already seen, i'd rec the way ahead of it's time sci-fi film from Fass, 'World on a Wire,' or his 8 1/2 of sorts, 'Beware a Holy Whore.' 'The Bitter tears of Petra Von Kant' is also harrowing like 'Ali.'
>>
>>70352004
Not that anon but as far as Herzog you gotta hit the Aguirre/Fitzcaraldo one-two punch, then maybe Nosferatu. Most of his docs are great too. Cave of Forgotten Dreams is really interesting. Bad Lieutenant is a fun noir fever dream.
>>
>>70352151
>>70352189
Will definitely add these to my list, thanks a bunch!

If any of you have pictures of your collection feel free to post them!
>>
>2016
>buying films
i'm laffin
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.