[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people get so mad over the Ghostbusters reboot? It was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 26
File: gb2423.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
gb2423.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
Why do people get so mad over the Ghostbusters reboot?

It was just a silly, simple, blockbuster and harmless comedy film
I like the original, it's a good film but it's not a masterpiece

Films get remade all the time, I don't know why THIS is the one to get so many people so riled up
>>
>>70349484
because it looks bad and the other one was good.
>>
File: ghostbusters_leslie_jones.jpg (640 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters_leslie_jones.jpg
640 KB, 1280x720
>>
1st one was shit.

Tge fact that they made 2nd offebded my sensibilities

This thrid o e is like why bother I'm not even curious about tgis third one the 1st one was mediocre at best
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 553x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 553x351
>>70349484
It's just butthurts latching on to anything they can channel their frustration with life into.

Simple really.

Think you summed it up fine OP. Was a fun old flick that I won't be going to cinema to see. But at the same time the fact it's all women means nothing. It'll either be good or not but no one will know till they've seen it.
>>
>>70349527
It depends where you're drawing the line, I think it looks like an average modern comedy
Not worth seeing

"bad" is too speculative and an overreaction

>>70349579
The other SNL girl is pretty shit too
>>
because of this
>>
I love the first movie alot
and it drives me crazy that people go "Well, the special effects look goofy and the jokes in the trailer were pretty lackluste-"
"YOU JUST HATE IT BECAUSE IT HAS WOMEN IN IT! YOU DIE NOW!"
its just pure insanity at this point
>>
>>70349662
It was being heavily meme' dwell before that pic came out. It just added fuel to the fire
>>
>>70349484
Because landwhale feminists sperging out over people saying it's shit
>>
Originally I didn't want to see it because it looks like a shitty comedy.

Now I also don't want to see it because of how butthurt the film-makers are acting because I don't want to see their shitty comedy film. There's a shit ton of awful comedies released every year and for some reason this particular one is mandatory watching? No, fuck you, Sony. Fuck you, Paul Feig. Fuck you, Melissa McCarthy. Fuck you all. Suck my fucking cock.
>>
Because now everybody can watch a movie's trailer and see how other people comment on it. In this case, the general opinion is the movie looks like a trainwreck as a first impression.
>>
>>70349662
I don't know what that pic is supposed to be showing
>>
>>70349484
Because they're taking something that was good and using a bad reboot as a vehicle to shove their political message down our throats.
If it was just supposed to be a goofy remake no one would care but the director gets assblasted when people call it shit after the first trailer was absolute shit and says you're not allowed a negative opinion or you're a misogynist.
>>
>>70349579
isnt that the gorilla that just got killed in the zoo
RIP
>>
>>70349648
>"bad" is too speculative and an overreaction
most big budget films show the best parts in the trailers so me thinking it looks bad is a fair assumption.
>>
>>70349686
>the jokes in the trailer were pretty lackluste-"
Trailers are only suitable for certain kinds of jokes, physical comedy/oneliners
>>
Generally speaking, when a remake comes out people say "It's shit, I don't like things being remade" and move on.

But this movie combined it with ideology so anyone who say it's shit is bombarded with insane accusations.
>>
>>70349720
>I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, isn't it obvious I care loads, I don't care, I don't care, I'm totally autistic

Ok lad
>>
>>70349775
>most big budget films show the best parts in the trailers
Action films
>>
Wrong cast
Wrong decade
>>
>>70349792
He never said he didn't care tho.
>>
>>70349784
it was just an example
>>
>>70349788
>>70349771
People don't make $100m films to push agendas/messages
>>
>>70349884
>he, he

Ok you didn't say the actual words but your post implied you didn't care then went on to show you cared massively with obvious agendas. Keep on trolling any thread you can. Sums up your existence.
>>
>>70349918
They don't push agenda, that's silly. But they use it as a shield. Really, I think women deserve better.
>>
>>70349918

They do if they are using a popular franchise who everybody love and has a huge fandom because of nostalgia goggles in today full liberal Hollywood... But yeah only happend with Ghostbusters, right?
>>
>>70349484
>Why do people get so mad over the Ghostbusters reboot?

one word: NERDS!

i mean, who the fuck has the time to be pissed off at comedies? kids and nerds do. any adult who puts any thought or emotion into a Ghostbusters film is either supremely deluded or a ... NERD!
>>
>>70349918
Whether they are or not, responding to any criticism of the move by screaming "MYSOGONY" over and over like it's a counterpoint isn't exactly winning the New Ghostbusters staff any points.
>>
>>70350069
>NERDS

Yo oldfag the 90s called and it wants its insult back.
>>
>>70350111
>Yo oldfag the 90s called and it wants its insult back.

90s??? 80s, motherfucker!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 244x207) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 244x207
>>70350111
Trips of truth
>>
File: tard.jpg (52 KB, 1266x249) Image search: [Google]
tard.jpg
52 KB, 1266x249
>>70349981
Yes,
>he, he

Yeah, stop trying to analyze 4chan posts and detect samefags, you're obviously shit at it.

All he said was that he wasn't going to see it and he explained why. He never pretended he did not care, which is what got you all riled up for some reason.
>>
>>70349981
>your post implied you didn't care
It really didn't, generally saying fuck you to someone and telling them to such your cock implies that you do care, this isn't really rocket science, at least if you don't have autism which you obviously do.
>>
>>70350339
I bet he believes you with pic related because it's impossible to fake anon.
>>
It's misogyny, plain and simple
>>
>>70349788
That's not what happened though. People were already saying things like "women aren't funny" and such before the trailer even came out. No other bad remake has gotten this much hate.
>>
>>70350558
>muh soggy knee XD

Tumblr is thattaway bub
>>
>>70349484
>Why do people get so mad over the Ghostbusters reboot?
the Ghostbusters remake formed from the ashes of the sequel, which was teased to fans on and off for years and years.
>>
>>70350537
Yeah well, too bad for him then.
Or maybe he could just use common sense (even though that's apparently not his strong suit) and realize there was not even a valid reason to samefag...
>>
>>70350558
This. It's funny reading the autists trying to justify their misogyny as something else.
>>
>>70349826
Even ID4 2 looks good in comparison. Ghostbusters is a comedy and across 4 trailers it made me chuckle once. That's not a good sign compared to how many times it made me groan.
>>
>>70350666
Bait me harder Satan.
>>
>>70350691
>compared to how many times it made me groan.

Why were you masterbation to it anon?
>>
>>70349484
why are you such a boring worthless cunt who thinks saying the same shit every day is funny?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 248x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 248x267
>>70350737
>mfw auto correct ruins what was already a weak joke
>>
>>70349484
People hate remakes.
People especially hate unnecessary remakes.
People really hate gimmicky remakes.
Ghostbusters is all three.
>>
>>70350737
You've never groaned when something g is bad, painful, miserable or otherwise unpleasant?
>>
>>70349484
see midnight's edge documentary series about it and you'll understand why.
or you can see avgn discussion about it.
(both on youtube)

either way you'll probably cry misogany/wah wah manchild/etc..
>>
>>70349484

I didn't really care but the drama stirred up by web journalists and hipster trash made me decide to not spend a penny on this movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 1024x512
L M A O
>>
>>70349762
>be 8
>terminal brain cancer
>make a wish ask me what my dream is
>I want to meet my favourite ghostbuster
>big day comes
>can’t wait to meet Bill Murray
>"We managed to get all four of them to come anon, isn’t that great?"
>4? But Harold Ramis is dead.
>The door opens and I hear shrill laughter and mumbled ebonics
>Four women shamble in to the room wearing cheap cosplay outfits.
>The largest, a barely human looking sheboon swaggers over to me looking like she thinks she’s made my day
>"Who ya gun call lil guy?"
>The rest of them roar with laughter
>I hear a voice screaming “Ay gurls, lemme holla at ya”
>A strange negro runs in to my room and starts whooping.
>The 4 women begin to whoop along with him and chant “PHOTO OP, PHOTO OP”
>A camera flashes as I drift in to the abyss
>>
>>70349484
because we're told that we are not allowed to get mad over the new ghostbusters. honest criticism can get people labeled racist or sexist.
>>
File: 1464025957743.gif (1 MB, 296x235) Image search: [Google]
1464025957743.gif
1 MB, 296x235
>>70350666

>Endorsed by Satan
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 816x816
>>70350666
Whooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
File: into the abyss.jpg (294 KB, 1160x979) Image search: [Google]
into the abyss.jpg
294 KB, 1160x979
>>70350936

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMCaxL7YRj0
>>
>>70349662
Wiig knows this is fucked up
>>
>>70350666
Satans trips of truth.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (6 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6 KB, 201x199
>>70350999

Whoa yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x433
>>70350999
>>
>>70349702
It turned the meme campfire into a forest one.
The trailer was the fire destroying entire towns like in Canada.
>>
>>70349484
Silverback Trailer, where?
>>
>>70349484
The problem I have with the new Ghostbusters movie is that it didn't really have a reason to exist. Answer me this was taking an established cast and switching their genders really necessary? Did it add anything new or give anymore insight into the characters? No instead of repeated the same sequences as the former making it completely pointless to watch. Therefore I won't give any of my money to go see something that reuses old concepts and refuses to add anything new besides characters with vaginas
>>
just wait till the week of the release all sony properties (tv/media) are going to shove this movie down our throats saying 'women power, great film, women together, fantastic movie....AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T SEE IT IS A MANCHILD MISOGYNY RAPE!!!!'
>>
>>70349484
it's not the movie, it's all the "take THAT, men!/lol only bitter misogynerds will have a problem with this" articles that went with it, you cant shit on an entire gender and not expect any pushback
>>
>>70351101
>The problem I have with the new Ghostbusters movie is that it didn't really have a reason to exist.
all franchises have continuous sequels

>Answer me this was taking an established cast and switching their genders really necessary?
they're new characters, why keep the genders the same?
>>
File: 1453387335708.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1453387335708.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>70351140

>they're new characters, why keep the genders the same?
>>
>>70351140
Yes but if you're going to put in these new characters with different genders I expect something unique to be done with that concept from the trailers we've seen the movie will be mostly identical to the first one with one small changes none of which have to do with the new all female cast.
>>
>>70351140
>Sequel
This is a reboot dummy.
>>
>>70351225
>different genders I expect something unique to be done with that concept
why?
>>
>>70351140
>they're new characters, why keep the genders the same?
they why keep the ghostbusters title at all, why not make a new story for these new characters? they aren't new, they are the same characters with a gimmick
>>
>>70351250
Because with any films made today especially reboots you should ask yourself the question of whether or not it needs to be made. Ask if anyone was really calling out for a Ghostbusters reboot with an all female cast. The answer would be no, which you can then come to the conclusion that this is an attempt of a cheap cash grab through nostalgia.
>>
>>70349484
People have always hated reboots, this is just getting double the hate because it's a reboot AND it's blatant SJW pandering, and people really hate pandering (especially to non fans)
>>
>>70351267
>they why keep the ghostbusters title at all
$$$
>>
>>70351267
I'd have been perfectly happy if this was just called the wacky adventures of the Exorsisters.
>>
>>70351225
Still don't get why having an all female cadet in a reboot really matters unless you hate women ofc.

It's like you're saying because they are female they have to jump through hoops that males wouldn't have to.
>>
>>70349484

yet if Fight Club gets remade feat Rebel Wilson and Melissa Mccarthy you'd be raging foaming at the mouth. nigger please.
>>
>>70349484
Because there aren't enough penises.

What /tv/ really loved about the first one is the ghostbuster's penises.
>>
>>70351361
This is obvious bait so this will be my last (you) I give. But it's not that the cast are women, but instead that this unnecessary reboot is taking place and while there is an entirely new cast, which happens to be female, they are neglecting to make this movie appealing beyond the means of "it's just like the original Ghostbusters"
>>
>>70351446
I was more interested in Egon's epididymis.
>>
>>70351552
I'm guessing you've seen it already to be so butt hurt about it?
>>
to be fair, the producers and cast relying so heavily on the girl-power angle in promoting the movie has kind of invited the backlash. They're going all-out with this gimmick like it actually means something when really it's a cheap attempt at attention.

That said it's /tv/ which was in uproar over 3 seconds of a nigger in the background of The Hobbit and gets baited every 5 seconds by threads claiming Idris Elba is the new Bond or other race shit. Any Ghostbuster 3 that didn't involve the cast fighting off Lenin's ghost while proving the holocaust didn't happen would have been written off as liberal propaganda
>>
>>70349484
I would have preferred Extreme Ghostbusters. Not only was it more varied and diverse a cast but it was also a passing of the torch and had more interesting characters.
>>
>>70351552
Bro you're making all the accusations about it and no fucker has even seen it yet? Why does it make you this mad? Honestly why would anyone care this much about a film they haven't even seen yet?

I'm not acussing you of being misogynistiv because I've never met you but you sure do sound like you've got some sort of weird agenda going on.
>>
>>70349484
All indications show it will be an extremely awful remake.
So shitposting about it is a really fun activity.
>>
>>70351436
kek, that'd be amazing, because just imagine that shitstorm, all this shit for ghostbusters, imagine the anger for that masterpiece of edginess.

but seriously tho, why should anyone care. If Rebel Wilson was the new tyler durden, that does not in any way diminish the original, nor does it erase it from the minds of those who have seen it and loved it. It's a movie being added, not subtracted. This makes no sense. No film is sacred. Fucking crybabies.
>>
File: ghostbusted.jpg (274 KB, 1164x698) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusted.jpg
274 KB, 1164x698
>>70349484
Challenge: Find the attractive one!
>>
>>70351794
Wiig, done thanks was fun
>>
>>70349628

This.
>>
I actually had a story outlined for GB3 that I wanted to send to Dan, but then this shit fest happened. It would have tied all the movies together and provided the true nature of Zuul & Vigo's return.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 720x709) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 720x709
>>70351862
>coulda, woulda, shoulda but ultimately didn't
>>
>>70349792
>this reading comprehension
You need a re-run of elementary school, buddy. Get to it.
>>
>>70349628
Could not have said it better myself, not going to see the movie but to get butthurt over it prerelease is retarded
>>
File: ghostbusters girl power.jpg (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters girl power.jpg
106 KB, 600x600
>>70349484
>>
>>70349484
I hold no personal attachment towards the original, and I was somewhat supportive of the movie until the trailer. That was when we all knew it clearly looked like dogshit and everybody said so, and then suddenly the creators involved with the movie, as well as journalists, began slamming fans and calling them sexist.

Honestly, outside of 4chan, I hardly see the female cast brought up as a criticism. I heard it often before the trailer, but as soon as the movie gave us real reasons to hat it, most people stopped being silly and complained about the real reasons it looks like dogshit. They're angry that it looks bad and they're angry that they've made it a sexism issue.
>>
>>70350601
People were pointing out how it's obviously made to pander to women rather than strive for quality and originality. The outrage was NOTHING compared to when the actual trailer came out, you know.
>>
>>70349484
I know right

Let the womenchildren who want dumb cult comedies about blasting ghosts have them! They always cry about not having petty shit like this so let the baby have its bottle.
>>
>>70352036
>stop calling it the female ghostbusters
>>
>>70351552
that isn't a justification for the foaming-in-the-mouth rage of redditors
>>
>>70351765

>Crybabies

Sorry but no one gets to throw that term around when we're all neck up in this bullshit. Both sides have endlessly cried over fucking opinions of all things, just because you say it shouldn't matter doesn't absolve you of the block text of trying to convince us why we shouldn't think the way we do. You're just as much a "crybaby" as any of us
>>
>>70351605
>>70351692
We've seen the leaked script months ago which was confirmed by the later trailers. It even nailed down Dan Aykroyd's came role and the exact line he spouts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gedEQr9HFZI
>>
File: 1446510812491.png (190 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
1446510812491.png
190 KB, 500x504
>>70349484
Because it's le ebin 80s reference meme movie that redditors love and in order to be cool you have to pretend that this simplistic shit was "omg so cool" and how it defines your personality.

It's just like those people who wear fake glasses and go around claiming how much of an EBIN GAYMURR they are and how they love zelda so much even though the last time they played anything was mario on a SNES.

Like pretty much everything else, it's just a bunch of posers craving desperately for attention and a sense of identity.
>>
>>70349918
Are you really that naive?
>>
>>70352383
The answer you're looking for is 'no, no I haven't seen it'.
>>
>>70352398
Ghostbusters gets constant reruns all the time on TV, even on Cartoon Network, everyone knows about it and can see how it holds up even today. And everyone can see how abysmal the new GB movie is in comparison based on the trailers and leaked script.
>>
>>70349484
I have the balls to say it. Fuck those bitches. I'm mysogynistic as fuck when it comes to this. Get the fuck outta my ghostbusters you decidedly unfunny cunts. You already fucked up royally, why not go full fucking retard? Like recasting the gorrilla with Amy Schumer for maximum laffs!?

Fuck everything. This is fucking shit. We were promised Ben Stiller in a lead role for a sequel years ago. I don't even like that faggot but he would fit better into the world even if he was busting cheap-ass cgi all by himself.

This doesn't even begin to express how angry I am. Ordinarily, I wouldn't give a fuck. But this was something special in my childhood. It has been violated by new wave social agenda. And fuck yes I am upset.

Why don't we put tits on Turtles next?
There aren't enough gender fluid Transformers.

Or fuck it, lets see a full rework of the Barbie range - with nothing but male dolls. No females. I want this fucking equality to be equal.

Phew.

Someone tell me when I can begin my actual rant.
>>
>>70350666
So what.
Women are cancer.
Women are not funny.
What if I despise women? Are you going to cry on your little blog about how mean the world is to you?
Lemme tell you something nigger, every stereotype or hate movement comes from a statistical truth.
In this case: women are not fucking funny and they ruin everything they touch.
>>
>>70352446
>I'm just gonna ignore what you said
Classic.
>>
>>70352342
lol this is literally the first time posting in any ghostbusters related topic. i just don't understand all the vitriol. It's a movie, that will probably be bad. We've gotten plenty of those. The problem is both sides attach ideologies to the movie, and use it to champion their own agendas by proxy. I'm just saying it's just a movie. It's real easy to just not watch it and not give them any money. But instead people who online and spend hours and hours bickering back and forth about something they have no intention of watching to begin with. It's frankly like self flagellation. The end game is just to bicker it seems.
>>
>>70352477
They'd ruin you in one left hook you basement dwelling fucking autist.

>oh why don't women ever give me good attention. Just pointing and name calling. I HATE ALL WOMEN.
>>
>>70352538
Im actually in a relationship for 3 years now you kissless betamale but alright.
Keep crying about muh social justice you faggot, no one gives a shit.
>>
>>70352478
I'm not ignoring shit anon, especially the fact that you're so butthurt over a film you haven't even seen yet. I'm aware there was a script leak and there have been trailers. It means shit.
>>
File: 1364443233072.gif (925 KB, 212x176) Image search: [Google]
1364443233072.gif
925 KB, 212x176
Why are people so utterly afraid of just saying "yeah the cast is shit, women are not funny"?
Has society really devolved into this circlejerk of search for seccondary arguments where the main problem is actually in everybody's nose?
>>
>>70352575
I bet she's a right looker too Kek fucking autist.
>>
File: 1422480459573.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1422480459573.png
208 KB, 361x691
>>70352636
>actually being a virgin
>trying to school other people around the internet
>"a-autist!"

Sit down fellow underage anon and suck my dick while you're are it.
>>
>>70352605
There's been 5 trailers and a bunch of commercials, we can see how bad it is. The confirmed leaked script confirms that there's absolutely nothing good that will come out of it.

>it means shit
How the hell does knowing everything that happens in the movie as well as knowing how abysmal and unfunny the lead characters are mean nothing?

Why are you defending shameless Hollywood remake #298219?
>>
>>70352605
>you're not allowed to not be interested in a film from the trailers even though it's their responsability to draw you in
>>
>>70349484
but the original IS a masterpiece though
>>
>>70352627
>yeah the cast is shit, women are not funny
But everyone is saying that, have you not seen at the 5 squintillion youtube comments from the trailers or any /tv/ threads regarding GB?
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 236x354
>>70352696
Actually I'm a proper old fag whos had enough sex to last a lifetime and also has enough emotional intellect to see how autistic you butthurt at life fags are.
>>
>>70352627
This. You are all gutless faggots.

These unfunny bitches have ruined a movie I have been hoping for for the past what, 20 fucking years?

It the one two combo of utterly shiful cast and modern social agendas.

I just wanted to see another fun movie with science and ghosts. Once, that was a just boy thing. But we aren't allowed to have boy things anymore because you are a bunch of transitioning tranny faggots.

I fucking hate you cunts.
>>
>>70352398
This is a good post
>>
>>70352821
> You are all gutless faggots
You're saying /tv/ doesn't mock women constantly and haven't said billions of times how this movie is women pandering and how the cast is unfunny? Are you serious?
>>
>>70349484
>Why do people get so mad over reboots?
Fixed that for you. The answer is, they're unnecessary, overproduced, and soulless easy cash-ins.
>>
File: 1462293338870.png (420 KB, 595x622) Image search: [Google]
1462293338870.png
420 KB, 595x622
>>70352472
>I have the balls to say it. Fuck those bitches. I'm mysogynistic as fuck when it comes to this. Get the fuck outta my ghostbusters you decidedly unfunny cunts. You already fucked up royally, why not go full fucking retard? Like recasting the gorrilla with Amy Schumer for maximum laffs!?
>
>Fuck everything. This is fucking shit. We were promised Ben Stiller in a lead role for a sequel years ago. I don't even like that faggot but he would fit better into the world even if he was busting cheap-ass cgi all by himself.
>
>This doesn't even begin to express how angry I am. Ordinarily, I wouldn't give a fuck. But this was something special in my childhood. It has been violated by new wave social agenda. And fuck yes I am upset.
>
>Why don't we put tits on Turtles next?
>There aren't enough gender fluid Transformers.
>
>Or fuck it, lets see a full rework of the Barbie range - with nothing but male dolls. No females. I want this fucking equality to be equal.
>
>Phew.
>
>Someone tell me when I can begin my actual rant.
>>
>>70352775
>old fag
Trying hard to fit in by using the terms that you've seen the other ''cool'' kids use?
>>
File: fred.png (486 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
fred.png
486 KB, 640x629
>>70349484
>>
No one is 'mad' or 'riled up' about it; it's the feminists and the nu males who are butthurt.
>>
>>70352893
What are you even on about anon?

honestly man the fucking levels of autism in some of /tv/s posters these days..... Nothing much changed then kek
>>
>>70352947
>autism
Look, more terms you don't know and are just using because you've seen other people here do and want to fit in.
>>
File: image.png (147 KB, 317x304) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147 KB, 317x304
>>70352980
Ok bro you caught me. Bet you feel proper smug now right.

>genuine fucking retard alert
>>
>>70352930
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
>>
>>70352775
>old fag
>sex to last a lifetime
you can stop trying to impress anonymous people on the internet whenever you want
>>
>>70352980
Getting this rattled kekkekkek
>>
It was about to happen with all those reboots taking a shit on "classics" but this one took another step and pulled the gender/misogyny right from the get go and people are fed up

doesnt help that women/"minorities" have first world problem syndrome all over the West which makes things even worse
>>
>>70353051
I'm not. What impressive about those facts? If I was trying to be impressive I'd say I've fucked Billy Piper and have an 8-9inch fully erect penis.
>>
>>70353129
Being a non-virgin is already something to brag about in this site, you'd know that if you were really an ''old fag''.
>>
>>70349918

They do when the people in control of what gets made aren't spending their own money.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 640x360
>>70353172
Yeah that's right because I judge everything in my life by what happens on 4chan not what actually happens in real life.

You need to get out more son.
>>
>>70353129
you are beyond help my underage newfriend
>>
>>70352537

I get it, and I usually ignore these threads but the drama is like a vortex on every platform. Im not paying to see the movie because the trailer didn't entice me, this is where the discussion should finish but as you said, there are agendas on both sides and it's hard to have an opinion without contributing to the shitstorm.

All Im gonna say is that it is a movie and it doesn't matter but PR fucked up badly and now people see it as the holy grail of social politics.
>>
>>70353223
This isn't about judging anything in your life, this is about claiming that you're not a virgin and then pretending that it's nothing to brag about _here_.
>>
>>70353325
Why would someone in their 30s be bragging about something they did 20 years ago?

Get a grip son.
>>
>>70352537
>i just don't understand all the vitriol
It's another Hollywood of a beloved movie, people are rightfully voicing their complaints, thing is any negativity gets labeled as misogyny. Doesn't help that the movie is trying their damnest to pass this movie as ''girl power''.
>>
the fact that I'm expected to watch it and like it because of social pressure
>>
>>70353369
I don't know, what does that have to do with anything? The point is you did it anyway.
>>
>>70353386
>Hollywood
reboot
>the *movie is trying
*crew
>>
>>70353440
No I was replying to the retard who's only come back was that I'm underage and a virgin.

But whatever bored of you now.
>>
>>70349484
People don't like it because it's unoriginal, it has an agenda and it's not funny/interesting/clever in any way. It's a shameless cashgrab attempt directed at feminists using a franchise that should have died ages ago.

>Films get remade all the time
They do, that doesn't mean they are necessarily good or deserve praise. If 50+ years have passed then maybe do a remake, but Ghostbusters is a goofy 80's movie and doesn't ever need a remake
>>
>>70352636
>moving those goalposts
do feminists just memorize a book of logical fallacies so they can break everyone during any argument?
>>
>>70349484

Some people are annoyed because it's being "feminist" by having an all-female cast rather than by having a mostly even mix of genders who are all good at their job. That the major male character in it is herp derp dumb and goes evil doesn't help. This doesn't bother me that much but I can understand why it bugs others.

Some are annoyed because it's a blatantly cynical cash-grab, propping up an old and beloved franchise. That it seems to have missed what made the old movies good- things that people still love and want to see today- doesn't help.

Finally you've got the ads for the movie. Ads are supposed to sell you on seeing it, but the first two trailers were just abysmal. I figured I'd wait for the trailers and then decide but the first two completely failed. The third was a lot better and if they'd led with that reception from people who weren't in one of the other groups would have been better.

TL; DR- While no one group is particularly large by itself they pissed people off by being preachy about feminism, making a reboot that looks like it's missed the point, and by having really shitty trailers that make it look like it's going to be an absolute trainwreck.
>>
>>70349484
>Riding on the coat tails of a movie lots of people like
Strike one.
>making a reboot instead of a far more logical sequel
Strike two
>Not being funny in any promotional material
Strike three

Notice how women are not present in any of these issues.
>>
>>70349484
>it's not a masterpiece

And that's why you should be banned from ever procreating.
>>
>>70351862
GB3 was the 2009 game. Had all the original actors (Sigourney excluded) and a new, more or less exciting, but definitely fitting, plotline. Centered around Ivo Shandor, the architect of the Gozer building. Gozer herself got fried and Shandor took over.
>>
Who thought AWWWWWW HEEELL NAAAW? was funny?

Who thought neon blue ghosts were a good idea?

Who thought Rowan turning into a logo ghost was smart?

The director and others saying everyone are a bunch of meany heads because they think the movie suck need to have their noses rubbed in this turd. Make them suffer for their screw up, make them face it like adults.
>>
>>70350936
to think that kid is already dead now
>>
>all this obvious shilling

Go suck a dick Sony
>>
>>70349720
This post is very problematic.
>>
>>70349918
>>
>>70355609
>actors of color

Isn't that in itself a supremely racist statement?
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.