[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain this to me? I feel like there's a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: funny games bag over the head.png (1 MB, 1366x739) Image search: [Google]
funny games bag over the head.png
1 MB, 1366x739
Can someone explain this to me? I feel like there's a lot more visual metaphors like this but I can't put my finger on it, What does the bag over the head supposed to symbolise?

Also general Funny Games discussion.
>>
>general Funny Games discussion
/thread
>>
why do people on /tv/ never wanna discuss masterpieces like this?
>>
>>
>>70347031
if you have to ask, it is always rape
>>
>>70347031

Its basically a movie setting up cliche's that normal horror/suspense movies have then ultimately laughing at you for thinking it was gonna turn out that way.

Ex: Setting up the knife on the boat
The brother saying he doesn't know how to swim
>>
>>70349860
>>70349902
But I meant the bag over the kid's head - doesn't that symbolise something? Like the blood splattered on the TV?
>>
>>70350106
This. Someone needs to explain.
>>
>>70350106
most characters in horror movies act like they have a bag over their head, they do stupid shit that they can clearly see but choose to ignore it. LIKE having a bag over your head.
>>
This film was legitimately just shit and people just say "Just too deep for you"

Probably the worst experience I've had watching films was watching this shit.
>>
>>70350106
It's supposed to symbolize a bag over the head. Or maybe how the parents cover their kids eyes during inappropriate and violent scenes while we hypocritically revel in our degeneracy watching it.
>>
>>70347031
Lots of metaphors. In fact the whole thing reminded me a little of the Shining, the fact that it's Haneke's only US movie, the car tracking shot at the beginning, and the overall sense of doom and symbolism.

Eggs, the number 4, golf balls, "seeing" vs "not-seeing", eyeballs, those are areas Haneke seems to have wanted the viewer to notice. Maybe also the huge amount of television, TV remotes and whatnot, and the fact that NASCAR is playing at a certain critical moment of the film, literally the most deadly and distinctly American televised event.
>>
>>70351209
I think Michael Pitt literally says, "To preserve moral decency." It's pretty phenomenal.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.