[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow this movie was surprisingly good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 184x274
Wow this movie was surprisingly good
>>
Were you in the found footage thread last night?
>>
>>70342736
Fuck off Max.
>>
>>70342981

Nah, did /tv/ recommend it?
>>
>>70342736
Go to bed, Max.
>>
>>70342736
Really makes you think.
>>
>>70342736
>literally Akira
>>
>>70343066
>>70343066

LOts of hollywood movies are inspired by Akira.

Good deal of Hollywood movies are copied from Asian movies.

It's all fun.
>>
>>70342736
>I'm the Apex predator

what did he mean by this
>>
It is, I remember thinking this Max Landis guy must be pretty talented after watching it. Turns out a stopped clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>70343090
Fuck off, Max.
>>
>>70343066

Also literally ripped from an X-Files episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuiKzZZh4rc
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 284x178
>>70343099
A nod to Landis' love of sweaty man drama.
>>
>whole movie rips of akira
>last scenes is LITERALLY the ending to akira

max is fucking lazy
>>
>>70343145
xfiles episode dpo too. Much better than this shitty movie
>>
>>70343016
Just curious. It was in there. I agree with you though, it was pretty good.
>>
>>70343211
>>70343066
AKIRA is riddled with post-war commentary and satirization n' shit. I mean geez you may as well call Carrie an AKIRA ripoff, or Chronicle a Carrie ripoff. In fact that comparison would hold more water.
>>
>>70343295
except Trank admitted to using Akira for inspiration where Carrie did not.
>>
>>70343398
Inspiration isn't a ripoff man, especially when Chronicle and AKIRA do completely different things. I don't remember a gigantic explosion in Chronicle that leveled the entirety of Tokyo.
>>
>>70342736
Saw it in the cinema, not bad.
>>
>>70342736
Yeah man, I had the exact same response. Pretty enjoyable overall.
>>
>>70344272
Ditto. Saw it with my cousins, who I hadn't been able to see for Xmas the previous year,
>>
>>70342736
I like that the main character ends up becoming everyone's villain. He was kinda hopeless from the get-go

I also like that the star jock is completely aware that he already has a leg up on everyone in high school, give him super powers, he talks about wanting to make the world a better place because he has all these advantages: popular, handsome, athletic, booksmart, AND super powers. Talks about running for office to make life better for people.

I like that the only guy who survives is just a regular bro. Not an unrelatable dudebro, but just a bro to his bros who keeps championing their brodom after their deaths.
>>
I wanted the cuck to win
>>
>>70344789
>dude to
Stereotype that does not exist IRL
>>
>>70344877
Lmao fucking autocorrect

Meant
>dudebro
>>
Good plot wasted with all that found footage meme.

But something tells me if it were a regular movie they wouldn't have been so subtle and this would be just another example of capeshit.
>>
Primo Landis
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.