[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"In the dream, they took me into the light" Entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: this isn't cool.png (424 KB, 1920x834) Image search: [Google]
this isn't cool.png
424 KB, 1920x834
>"In the dream, they took me into the light"

Entire theater: "Oh thank god it was just a stupid dream."
>>
>>70335886
>2 months
>still mad
>>
>>70335886
>>70335886

fuck off i liked it

when that scene was playing out i was like "oh fuck yes this is going to be awesome"
>>
>>70335886
I remember seeing that. The movie had a solid 8/10 from me up until fucking bats started lifting Bruce up. It set the tone for the rest of the film: just when you think it's getting good, we drop a fucking bizarre bombshell on you.
>>
>>70335886
anyone else wanna fuck batman's mom?
>>
>>70336089

Snyder always does something you wouldn't naturally expect and it physically hurts to bear witness to the shit he does.
>>
>>70336111
Exactly, I wanted more quips.
>>
>>70335886
These are lines that would be taken out of a later draft of any other screenplay.
>>
>>70336111
>>70336488

Unironically 2deep4u.
Not surprised at this point.
>>
Jesus Christ am I the only one that's watched movies their whole life? It's just a dream sequence. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>70337806
Zach overuses dream sequences to make interesting trailers.
>>
>>70336111
And it's not like subverting expectations is inherently bad, like The Nice Guys was full of bits where things didn't follow convention but they played those off as jokes.

This felt more like an unintentional jokem
>>
>>70335886
You have this shift from Batman falling into despair because 'he let his parents die' to turning that into a positive condition ("I failed him in life, I will not fail him in death").

The bat-symbol is fantastically reinterpreted to stand for a child being pulled from the darkness, from the perspective of someone still in it. (Of course, in the Nolan film this shot is referring to, it was Bruce's father who pulled him out. Snyder replaces the literal father with an ambivalent light, and has Bruce pushed up from beneath).

“In the dream, they took me into the light, a beautiful lie.”

He specifically says that the dream was a beautiful lie because this dream represents the birth of Batman, the bats lifting him show that he found some hope in this bat image, but later became disenchanted after 20 years of fighting crime, that's the beautiful lie he's talking about. At this point in time, he believes that being Batman didn't amount to anything of value.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.