[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy was miles better than Stallone in the movie and he got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
This guy was miles better than Stallone in the movie and he got almost no recognition at the big awards. Why?
>>
>>70335234
Because he wasn't
>>
cause where the boy string?

WHERES WALLACE?
>>
>>70335292
hi /pol/!
>>
>>70335234
It's not about what he doesn't have, it's about what Stallone had. How good his performance is to Stallone's is essentially irrelevant; Jordan played a good character and played him well, but I don't think his portrayal was anywhere near Oscar-worthy.

And neither was Stallones' but Stallone had a lot more going for him. He's an aged, accomplished actor playing a beloved character for what may be the last time. Rocky has been a seminal character in film over the past 40 years and this may be the last time we see him on the silver screen.

Then you add in that it was actually a good movie, better than could ever be expected from a belated Rocky sequel in 2015.

Michael Jordan has buzz, but he wasn't carrying the baggage into the role that Stallone was.
>>
>>70335234
> better than the scene where Rocky is diagnosed with cancer

lol, no
>>
>>70335234
Is this bait?
He's black. Worst of the worst.
>>
>>70337011
>>
>>70335323
>actor was in a movie
>Faggot OP says he was better than Stallone (opinion)
>guy calls OP out saying he wasn't better than stallone (Objecting Opinion)
>quoted faggot (possible same faggot that posted the OP)automatically assumes the detracting opinion was made solely based on race (despite no mention of race)

Who is the racist here exactly?

Also the deaf songstress/Apollo dynamic was terribly slow, but I guess that makes me a racist as wellfor pointing that out
>>
agree with you OP

my wife's son loved this movie.
he has the same opinion as you.

i like taking him to the movies when Jamal comes over for a visit for my wife.

it's our bonding time :^)
>>
>>70335234
He was crap, and his whole character did nothing more than stand as a blemish on the legacy of a more established black character.

>oh, i'm apollo creed's love child that was never mentioned
>yeah, fucked around on his wife and kids lol

The best parts of the movie had nothing to do with Niglet Creed living up to his father's legacy and everything to do with Rocky having outlived everyone he loved and all but wanting to die when the cancer took him.
>>
>>70337305

I cringed hard at the whole Creed needs to prove he's not a mistake stressing out scene. It just infantilized him in my eyes

Stallone deserved the praise
>>
I was never a huge fan of the Rocky movies. Personally i feel like Will Smiths portraylal of Muhammad Ali was much better than all the Rock y movies as well as Southpaw. Not to mention it's storyline was both better and real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU3V3JpGSbs
>>
File: 1464215722178.png (316 KB, 470x480) Image search: [Google]
1464215722178.png
316 KB, 470x480
>In b4 triggered neckies
>>
>AYO ADONYS, AYO HE IS LIKE SLOWA THAN YO SO IF YO LIKE BEAT HIM I WILL LIKE BEAT THIS DISEASE THING INSIDE ME
I cry erry tiem
>>
>>70335375
/thread
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.